Author Topic: Finally...Adrian Peterson era is over....  (Read 559 times)

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
Finally...Adrian Peterson era is over....
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:52:06 AM »
Now that we know AD is not coming back I think this is a good time to have a thread about him........From a player stand point I have to say thank you. The amazing memories he has given all of us over the year have been incredible.....I will always remember the Bears and Chargers games in his rookie season.....The game against the steelers when he laid out the DB gay was unbelievable.....the run against Cleveland too.....lots of great memories.....

From a team stand point I have to say shame on you the Viking brass for completely missing the boat on developing your offense to make it Super Bowl worthy. The team made the biggest mistake trying to make an RB, and especially not a 3 down back, the focal point of the offense. Running games are very important we all get that but teams that have the continued success year in and year out have offenses that run through their QB's and have RB's that are 3 down backs.  Whether its Green Bay, Pittsburg, New England and so on.....you need to develop your QB to be your leader and you need a 3 down back......

I truly hope the Vikings finally get this and develop the offense accordingly......The last team we had a dominating team we had Brett Favre at QB and a rookie named Harvin being clutch all over the field.....Time to get back to that again.....

Just my opinion....;ots of great memories on AD but so glad it is finally over

Offline xfxfxf

• Veteran
  • NGS is the Best
Re: Finally...Adrian Peterson era is over....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:05:12 AM »
28 good times ,, but I always felt Vikes looked like the Bills with OJ ,or rams with Dickerson and just a half ass
Qbs  can only get a team so far
I got 44 Chuck Forman as the Vikes best RB he could do it all not just run

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 09:31:38 AM »
28 good times ,, but I always felt Vikes looked like the Bills with OJ ,or rams with Dickerson and just a half ass
Qbs  can only get a team so far
I got 44 Chuck Forman as the Vikes best RB he could do it all not just run

Well Said.....

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 09:33:01 AM »
I remember 1998 when we had the great passing attack and Robert Smith as our RB.....that was an offense......

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
  • Vikings NFC North Champs 2015!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 10:55:44 AM »
The memories that AP left will never be forgotten and his style of running will never be duplicated by anyone. Viking RB Robert Smith is my favorite for he had grit (playing injured in Falcon NFC clash) and class (for refusing to play for Ravens after ex Viking Coach Bellick tried to lure him there) and just a straight out fun to watch on Viking sweeps !!! greg1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 11:01:52 AM »
The memories that AP left will never be forgotten and his style of running will never be duplicated by anyone. Viking RB Robert Smith is my favorite for he had grit (playing injured in Falcon NFC clash) and class (for refusing to play for Ravens after ex Viking Coach Bellick tried to lure him there) and just a straight out fun to watch on Viking sweeps !!! greg1

The guy was very talented.....still shocked he left the game when he did but have to give him credit and he followed his heart and I am sure his body now appreciates that he did.....he is one of my favorites.   

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 11:04:35 AM »
It would be entertaining if AD ended up in New Orleans.....that would be one fun game to start the season on MNF lol......I do think he signs quickly once the draft is done.....as entertaining as him in New Orleans would be I do hope he goes to a team we don't play this season.

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »

It would be entertaining if AD ended up in New Orleans.....that would be one fun game to start the season on MNF lol......I do think he signs quickly once the draft is done.....as entertaining as him in New Orleans would be I do hope he goes to a team we don't play this season.
Hutch, at first I said  "saywha" to not wanting to face AP and I still consider AP a Viking, so I too wish for us not to play against AP, just isn't right. I would also hope Vikings take a DT, but someone that weighs over 300 pounds, Geez !!! grin1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 05:32:20 PM »
  Hutch, at first I said  "saywha" to not wanting to face AP and I still consider AP a Viking, so I too wish for us not to play against AP, just isn't right. I would also hope Vikings take a DT, but someone that weighs over 300 pounds, Geez !!! grin1

Too bad about Floyd....now we have to probably use a high draft pick for a DT.....I'm ok if they use the second pick on one if certain players are off the board but if Curtis Samual is there they better take him.....or an explosive TE......

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 01:29:20 PM »
The Vikings must learn with AP signing for 3.5 million to play for Saints and that is "if you do not produce, you get the boot". Now AP was using Vikings weakness in knowing, that  for some reason the Vikings feel they owe something to a player who is not playing at desired level (Kali, Walsh, Robison, AP, Floyd)) and keep over priced player on payroll. AP showed he was out to rip the Vikings off, by not lowering demand of salary and AP'S loyalty to Vikings players and Fans was only dictated by amount of money he was paid busted !!!! wagfing

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 06:42:31 PM »
The Vikings must learn with AP signing for 3.5 million to play for Saints and that is "if you do not produce, you get the boot". Now AP was using Vikings weakness in knowing, that  for some reason the Vikings feel they owe something to a player who is not playing at desired level (Kali, Walsh, Robison, AP, Floyd)) and keep over priced player on payroll. AP showed he was out to rip the Vikings off, by not lowering demand of salary and AP'S loyalty to Vikings players and Fans was only dictated by amount of money he was paid busted !!!! wagfing

Personally Peterson just does not fit our offense or many offenses in the league anymore.....I really don't think the Vikings wanted him back at any amount and nor should they......we have to move on .....If we don,t drfat a RB high in the draft I am hoping we sign Jamaal Charles to a two year deal with one year guaranteed.....he fits us perfectly and looks healthy too....he is a player that could be a one to punch with Murray and McKinnon the 3rd RB .....he is the ideal R for our offense......

I have to wishes this year...sign Charles and if McCaffry slides to ,idle of first round find aaway to trade up and get him....obviously if we do that we won't need Charles

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 09:04:04 AM »
AP said he did research on Saints "D" and said they where good, Huh, Saints "D" allowed 28.4 pts a game and ranked 31/32 teams, Yikes. The Saints offense was 2nd in scoring 29.3.  But the team had 8 games of rushing under 90 yards. So maybe the rumor that AP was to be used near goal line a lot was true, for if Saints use AP on passing downs, it will get ugly for Bree's quick (Coma) !!!! shock1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 11:22:17 AM »
Well...looks like AD's role just got smaller lol.......The Saints draft a talented 3 down back and not the Saints have 3 RB's looking for touches.....going to interesting how the Saints use their RB's......just like us now with Cook.

Offline Vikingclone10

• Star
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 01:57:50 PM »
Well...looks like AD's role just got smaller lol.......The Saints draft a talented 3 down back and not the Saints have 3 RB's looking for touches.....going to interesting how the Saints use their RB's......just like us now with Cook.
Hutch, I was thinking with signing of RB Cook, is McKinnon on notice !!! wagfing

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »
Hutch, I was thinking with signing of RB Cook, is McKinnon on notice !!! wagfing

I'm thinking McKinnon will be our number three until his rookie contract is done.....Other part is Murray is only guaranteed one year and we can walk away after this season so he could be the one on notice .....be real interesting to see what happens Vikingclone10.....at least for one season barring injuries we should have a solid back field with all three guys that can play all three downs if needed......I am so happy to finally end the Peterson era and get on with building the offense we need to compete for a Super Bowl

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 02:22:09 PM »
I have never thought McKinnon was that good! I was hoping 2 years ago that the Vikings would take David Johnson, but they passed on him. Look what he has done in Arizona. I'm really happy that we got Dalvin Cook! I hope he pans out the way he did in college. perfect10
min1 stl3

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »
I have never thought McKinnon was that good! I was hoping 2 years ago that the Vikings would take David Johnson, but they passed on him. Look what he has done in Arizona. I'm really happy that we got Dalvin Cook! I hope he pans out the way he did in college. perfect10

This should be a fun year seeing what he and a few others do in our new offense.....

Offline xfxfxf

• Veteran
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 08:08:31 AM »
Floyd is the wr we wanted Treadwell to be ,big upgrade if we get him
Murray is no slouch , tottle deffernt offense then what we had.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.