Author Topic: Who's going where???  (Read 343 times)

Offline Super28

• Star
  • You say "Pervert" like it's a bad thing!
Who's going where???
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »
Well, we know and Junior is leaving the 88 and Kenseth is out of the 20and possibly Kahne out of the 5.
Where they going? Who's taking they place?

Jones up to the 20? Who will  drive the 77?
Bowman and Byron up to...?

Any others in the hot seat?
28  2  22   21 hiya

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
Re: Who's going where???
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 11:27:16 AM »
Bowman has been announced to the 88.

Kenseth will move next to the Biff
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 10:45:53 PM »
Kenseth goes to the 77 him and Truex get along well
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 02:09:36 PM »
Kenseth possibly to the #5 for 1 year to give Byron another year at JMS.
The #77 will be taken over by the Menards, they have the sponsorship and Paul will be the driver.
They have had enough of the non performing cars at RCR... RCR is nothing but field fillers.

Spikes.
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 09:15:34 AM »
Kahne wins at Indy, and he is signed through 2018.

So did that save his bacon for next year?
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 05:02:54 PM »
Kahne wins at Indy, and he is signed through 2018.

So did that save his bacon for next year?

I know Kahne is signed through 2018, but its only one year. HMS can buy his year out, Just like Burton got let go a year early at RCR in the #31.
No way a crash fest lucky win saves him, we have had a number of those this year with so many yellows and stage yellows, they are and have jacked up the whole year. That is a fact ladies and gentleman. Kahne is history, just look how Rick dodged that question yesterday. Spikes.

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 10:23:41 AM »
Yeah, here we go. Another field filler in the chase.
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 01:03:07 PM »
Kahne is history, just look how Rick dodged that question yesterday. Spikes.

He did seem a bit uncomfortable answering that question.  I see Byron going into the 5, it will happen, just a matter of when.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 05:53:10 PM »
Kenseth possibly to the #5 for 1 year to give Byron another year at JMS.
The #77 will be taken over by the Menards, they have the sponsorship and Paul will be the driver.
They have had enough of the non performing cars at RCR... RCR is nothing but field fillers.

Spikes.

Ok I was half wrong, Menards did move, but I said FRR and I am dead wrong, They are going to the #21 and the Famous Wood Brothers #21.
Pretty good move for them, they get the Penske affiliation to boot.

RCR made a small statement today, they are not announcing any 2018 plans on the 27, I am guessing they will have sponsorship issues filling that team for TY. Ty could stay were he is. This team could fold but we will see.

Anyway good for Blaney and good for Menard. Now I am concerned FRR will fold the #77 team, big possibility. Spikes.   

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 03:36:47 PM »
That was a move that I didn't see coming. 
Blaney to the #12, and Menard and father to the #21.

Quite a combo with Menard and the Wood Brothers.
I can't say that Paul will win races in the #21, but I would expect him to run better than he was with RCR.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 03:53:57 PM »
So the drama continues... 

Will Kenseth get a ride somewhere?
Sponsorship, sponsorship, sponsorship...

Will Kahne have a ride next year?
His contract has been updated to a team option for 2018, so yeah, he is likely out at Hendrick.

Will Danica remain a field filler next year?
Also a team option on her remaining year of her contract.  However if there is sponsorship, she will drive.

Will the cup teams be able to field 40 cars next year as sponsorship seems to be thinning?
There are currently 10-12 teams that don't have 2018 plans solidified.  Sure there will be a bunch of lower budget field fillers, but how many will continue?

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »
So the drama continues... 

Will Kenseth get a ride somewhere?
Sponsorship, sponsorship, sponsorship...

Will Kahne have a ride next year?
His contract has been updated to a team option for 2018, so yeah, he is likely out at Hendrick.

Will Danica remain a field filler next year?
Also a team option on her remaining year of her contract.  However if there is sponsorship, she will drive.

Will the cup teams be able to field 40 cars next year as sponsorship seems to be thinning?
There are currently 10-12 teams that don't have 2018 plans solidified.  Sure there will be a bunch of lower budget field fillers, but how many will continue?

Lot of truth here Jedi...
only 38 cars entered this weekend at Pocono and 5 of those cars list sponsorship as to be determined.
And Matts #20 has Toyota on the car which means it wasn't funded this week and the #78 is Denver Mattress.
This sponsorship is a real problem, seriously. The fans are partly to blame for this, I cant tell you how many comments I see on social media after any kind of shuffle or drama....oh man I ain't eating no M&Ms or I ain't shopping at Lowe's or I ain't buying Miller Lite.... Just dumb for the sport you say you love.
I mean you going to Home Depot now, and they aren't in the sport? why. I hate HMS, but what do I do, I support their sponsors. Gez....
It is a major problem, Roush is down to 2 teams and don't have full funding for those two. Look for RCR to possibly fold #27 team and Barney Visser has said he will not run the #77 without a sponsor. Major issues that are real people. This is going to get interesting real fast real soon. Spikes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:19:06 PM by SpikesRowdy18 »

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 03:59:05 PM »
And now Target is leaving NASCAR by not renewing with the 42 next season.
Ganassi says he has a replacement, but for how many races?

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »
Jamie should be worried because Chip will keep Larson over McMurray. 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 01:51:12 PM »
I see Kahne staying til the end of 2018 to give Byron 1 more season in Xfinity...he is starting to hold his own better lately, but I don't think he is ready for the jump

I think the 77 is definitely in jeopardy of folding....Jones brought sponsorship b/c he is up and coming, I don't know of any young guns that can say the same thing right now that are ready for Cup.  Kenseth is probably their best bet in that regard.  The only thing they have going for them is that as part of an agreement with Monster Energy as the Series sponsor is that 5-hour has to stay with either the 77 or 78, and can't go with Jones to JGR
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:58:39 PM by BearDawg »
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 02:41:23 PM »
Would Carl Edwards come back to the 77?
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 09:57:42 PM »
I see Kahne staying til the end of 2018 to give Byron 1 more season in Xfinity...he is starting to hold his own better lately, but I don't think he is ready for the jump

I think the 77 is definitely in jeopardy of folding....Jones brought sponsorship b/c he is up and coming, I don't know of any young guns that can say the same thing right now that are ready for Cup.  Kenseth is probably their best bet in that regard.  The only thing they have going for them is that as part of an agreement with Monster Energy as the Series sponsor is that 5-hour has to stay with either the 77 or 78, and can't go with Jones to JGR

They would stay with the #78 team, that is why the decal is already on the car, 5-Hour can not leave FRR, if they do they are out of the sport.
They will stay on the 78 even if the #77 folds, right now I am betting it folds, but there are many weeks left to bail that team out. Spikes.

Offline Ben Rinaldi

• NASCAR Pick 3 Manager
  • Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 11:05:57 AM »
Ganassi should be fine next year as they were already planning on Target leaving (hence CreditOne adding more races to the schedule this season).  Apparently they also have a sponsor new to the sport that's supposed to be announced in the coming weeks to take some of Target's portion of the schedule.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see Eneos pick up a few races at the Cup level next year and from what I hear, the 1 and 42 are in good shape for 2018.

If someone brings sponsorship, that 5 car is all their's.  That's why I believe we're going to see Byron in that car next season (even though I don't fee he's ready for it).  He brings Liberty University for X anount of races, it makes Rick's decision a simple one.  If they had sponsorship, Kenseth would be the logical replacement for a year until Byron is ready.  That said, I'm willing to bet Byron gets moved up because the 5 has next to nothing lined up for sponsorship in 2018.

The most intriguing team right now is Stewart-Haas, as you have Danica and Kurt Busch both potentially leaving and obvious sponsor issues.  They'll have Harvick covered decently and then after that, it's sponsor patch work for any additional cars.  If they ran four cars in 2018, I'd be shocked.  Additionally, the average age of their driver lineup isn't doing them any favors if you're looking to sign a sponsor on for any long term commitment.  There was a reason Tony was trying to sign Larson a couple years ago because he knew they needed some young talent to balance out the team.  You can bet they're praying Cole Custer pans out and filfills his potential.

The 77 team I think is a 50/50 thing at this point for 2018, Childress might as well rebrand as Dillon Bros Inc., and outside of that who knows.  No matter what happens, we're going to see a lot of faces in different places next season.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »
The shoe dropped on the #5.  As many speculated Kasey Kahne is out at the end of 2017.  Where does KK end up? 
I would say that unless he has sponsorship lined up, he will be out of the Monster Cup series.  He has burned a few bridges along the way.

I would expect that Byron will be in the #5 car in 2018.

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »
Someone explain something to me. Back in the day, it was the team owner's job to go out and find the money. How does this now fall on the drivers to do the leg work ????

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 01:48:08 PM »
So what happens to Kurt Busch?
Purebred Cheesehead

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 05:52:45 PM »
So what happens to Kurt Busch?

I am at a loss really, I mean we only had 38 cars start at Watkins....
I still say we could lose a team at RCR, they do not have the sponsors for the #27 team, TY could stay at Germain because of Geico.
I also still say the #77 surely is in trouble just because Visser already said he will not run that team without sponsorship dollars.
The #5 at Hendrick also is not fully funded, does anyone even know what was on that car at The Glen... I don't.
Jones will have DeWalt for about 20 races next year in the #20, so look for a lot of races with Toyota on that car.
Fans, Nascar has a problem no doubt... Could we only see 34-35-33-37 cars on the track next year.
Easily we could lose the #77, #27 and even a Stewart car....   Could Hendrick slim down a year in the #5 and put it on the shelf for 1 year.
Look at Junior Motorsports line up, fans talk about up and comers... Really... Sadler, Annett and Allgaier all ex cup guys that have sponsors in their pockets...
what a joke .... With today's social media fans taking trash about never shopping at Lowes or eating M&Ms or going to Target because of who they sponsor, I promise you I have never seen this before, boo the driver but support the brands people..... I always have....
Houston we have a problem..... let the yellows fly because drivers have rides because they bring a sponsor with them, that is crazy.

On a side note, do you realize if the playoffs start tomorrow the #3 car will be behind the #78 car by 38 points... He is already out of round 2 and it hasn't even started yet, hes behind a whole race... Gez....   

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 05:53:02 AM »
NASCAR with the "Official" sponsorship contracts is finally catching up with them. Why can't teams find sponsors?  Easy you can't bring in a sponsor that rivals a NASCAR "official" sponsor. Spikes and I both said this would happen as soon as NASCAR ran the competing cell phone companies out of NASCAR when they sighed on with "Sprint"
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 05:55:17 PM »
NASCAR with the "Official" sponsorship contracts is finally catching up with them. Why can't teams find sponsors?  Easy you can't bring in a sponsor that rivals a NASCAR "official" sponsor. Spikes and I both said this would happen as soon as NASCAR ran the competing cell phone companies out of NASCAR when they sighed on with "Sprint"

Yes we did, Alltel was told to hit the road from the #31 RCR car.
I will tell you, I just can not believe Hendrick is going with Byron this soon, I mean a top team like HMS will have 3 drivers out of 4 major cars that do not currently have a win in the MECS... WOW, think about that.

I will tell you all, you think fans are tired of Rowdy now, you just wait until he hits his prime which is about 35 years old, Truex is hitting his at 38 as so did Dale Sr., I will tell you, we just aren't going to have many different winners soon, as soon as the major crew chiefs figure out the stages and they will.
Look for Rowdy, Truex, Keselowski, Logano and a aging Harvick to have a field day....  These guys are going to super dominate....

No way HMS, Byron, Elliott and Bowman out drive these guys. I mean Roush made the same mistake, took themselves out and so is HMS.

Well RCR did the same thing, not enough experience to make the cars and set ups better.... how, with Dillons and Newman who is just waiting on retirement.

Nascar has issues no doubt, but how are they going to handle these wheel guys dominating every week...

All I hear is Toyota has more HP than everyone else...Really... They surly have the same, but fans forget if a driver gets into the gas quicker he will look like he does, and if he dives into a corner and brakes harder of course he will turn faster lap times. I mean we all saw this week Rowdy go through the bus stop quicker than anyone else, it bit him with a equally hard driver like Brad, but that wont happen every week my friends.... 

These guys have car control and these young guys just do not, and some never will have it, its a talent.
And the field is watered down with drivers that just bring dollars through sponsorship...

If HMS fans have patience this may work, but history says they could fail. In the mean time fans are going to have a fit with the wins 5 drivers are fixing to roll off almost every single week. DW won 24 races and 24 poles in two years, 81 and 82, we could very well see that kind of dominance once again. Even with stage racing to bunch them all up again...... Let the yellow flags fly...it will only get worse.....   Spikes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:57:15 PM by SpikesRowdy18 »

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 08:23:52 AM »
But the bigger issue is sponsors. Problem is two fold NASCAR's " official" sponsors and franchises.  Why would I sponsor someone in a race that may not make the race against an inferior car that will because of a franchise.  Go back to the old days if you are a big name and miss a race then go back to the shop and work harder for next week.
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1