Author Topic: Who's going where???  (Read 342 times)

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
Re: Who's going where???
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
And the driver of the Hendrick #5 for 2018 is.....

William Byron!

Not a huge surprise there, IMO
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »
And the driver of the Hendrick #5 for 2018 is.....

William Byron!

Not a huge surprise there, IMO

Kind of is.... and it is simple....
So we can all agree Hendrick Motorsports has been the biggest, most funded and the winningest team since really 1990 or so.
That said, its 2018 driver line up has how many wins in the cup series... All 4 together as of this writing is all of Jimmie Johnson's wins.
3 of its 4 drivers have never won a Cup Race. Wow.
And people are tired of Truex, Busch or Keselowski winning all the time. That is all that will win next year... NOT COUNTING PLATE RACES .... Drivers do not matter.....  Look at the list .....  Team Chevy has a nice looking Camaro for 2018. But yet its landing its hopes and dreams on Larson and an aging 7 Time Champion that is looking slower every week. So yeah, I am surprised when you look at the numbers.
I never worry about ex super teams like RCR and Roush.... Yeah they won a race after 3 years, two plate races and a gas mileage race and Newman's gamble to stay out.... Not exactly power house moves...  Could I add Hendrick Motorsports to that list in 2018... Seems crazy, but I am sorry, experience and drivers matter... and someone is fixing to dominate for a while and the fans just do not see it coming......  Spikes.   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:22:02 PM by SpikesRowdy18 »
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »
Yeah, but sponsorship drives the sport right now.  And signing a sponsor to a young talent with "potential" is a lot easier than trying to sell a sponsor on a veteran that may or may not be a winner again.

I am sure that out of the three young drivers at HMS, Chase is going to be the highest paid.  The other two I am sure won't see a sniff of what Jr. or even Kahne made this year.

Sad but true, this is a money move for Hendrick and a chance to lock up some young talent, if they don't produce they will move on to the next.  Remember that Rowdy was one of those that Hendrick sent packing.  He wasn't producing like he wanted.  In the long run it may have been the best move for Kyle, kind of a wake up call.  Now we see the results.

So sure, the Hendrick camp will be counting on the 48 team for all it's hopes for victory.  But will it really be that much different than it is now?  Young unproven talent is a gamble, but it isn't like he hasn't been here before.
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2