Author Topic: What Joe Gibbs did to Furniture Row is total Chicken *)*&  (Read 97 times)

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
What Joe Gibbs did to Furniture Row is total Chicken *)*&
« on: July 30, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »
So his people walk into the Truex pit and they start an argument and Truex loses two crew members. It appears the Coach is saying you are a second class team and I won't give you the means to beat Kyle in the Pits. 

Spikes I know you are a race fan but I believe even you have to admit that is a chicken Sh*t move on Joe Gibbs part.
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
Re: What Joe Gibbs did to Furniture Row is total Chicken *)*&
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 01:46:37 PM »
I thought the same thing...it's not like Adam Stevens was completely innocent in the whole deal.  If you can't beat 'em, take their crew away
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 hou4

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 05:52:57 PM »
I thought Adam Stevens was wrong to go into the pit, and wrong to taunt the guy calling him tough guy and cowboy. Even more outrageous should be the proof that JGR is breaking the 4 team rule. Erik Jones moves from the 77 to the 20 next year, and the pit crews for Furniture Row are employees of JGR.
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 10:13:51 PM »
Well I kind of agree, but here is the deal after today.
Visser didn't have a problem with it. (the suspension)
Martin lived with it.
And after today's comments I truly believe Toyota Racing had a whole lot to say. So to say JGR did this 100%
I do not believe, 75% yes, But like Dale Jarrett said, Toyota Racing has a code between its factory backed teams and that is to work together as a team the best that you can. And when one team is happy another team got wrecked and provoked another crew chief by clapping that was crossing a line.
Not only that you clapped and provoked a superior supervisor, other words you provoked your boss. Steven is those guys supervisor period.
Andy Petree agreed with the suspensions, most of the media does, except Jeff Hammond, but really what mattered was Joe Gibbs and Toyota Racing and Toyota demanded action be taken and it was. Right wrong or indifferent, honestly when I saw the whole incident take place I told my wife, this is not going to end well for those two guys and by Gosh I was right, so not surprised really, do I agree, well I will say this, I am a supervisor, and if one of my team members clap about something that goes wrong at my company and then gets in my face back after I approach them about their actions, honestly I would fire them immediately. But because they are leased to FRR I believed saved them from being fired. If they would have worked for the #19 #11 or #20 teams and did that they wouldn't be here. But at least after today the 2 fill ins are pretty fast and the #78 had no issues on pit road so it really was overblown with their impact on today's race. Spikes. 

Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 06:05:50 AM »
Well Spikes I don't think he was clapping because of the wreck.  I think he was clapping because of a Bone headed decision by the 18 team at that moment in the race.  There was over 60 laps remaining, another pit stop had to be made and someone made the decision to let's put it all on the line and race instead of playing the Gentleman's game the 78 had been playing all race long. 

That was the reason for the clap.  While TRD may have had something to say, Joe could have said no and TRD would have let it go. 

At least it wasn't the cause of Martin coming in 3rd or Kyle winning at Pocono.  But I would have called it Chicken Sh*t no matter which team did what Joe did.  If you are going to do an alliance then you have to realize everyone has to win and a sarcastic clap to the man responsible for the wreck, yes the decision caused that wreck, and then walking through the pits of the team you just wrecked.  Then you are looking for trouble. 

Those are my thoughts but like I said it didn't cause Martin a win or give a win to Kyle.  The best car won yesterday.  And Joe can be thankful for that.
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1