Author Topic: The SUPER, Loser, Whiner Weenie Game, 2018  (Read 294 times)

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
  • Most Loyal Fans In Racing - The "Rowdy" Nation
Re: The SUPER, Loser, Whiner Weenie Game, 2018
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2018, 05:40:11 PM »
I think we'll do it that way.
Is that ok with you Mikey and Spikes?

I'm sure you'll find something to whine about before the end of the year Section

Im fine with it...doesnt matter... Truex and Rowdy will put me in dead last by mid year LOL..... 
Kyle"Rowdy"Busch 2015 Sprint Cup Champion !

#18n18

Offline Super28

• Star
  • You say "Pervert" like it's a bad thing!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2018, 06:57:30 PM »
How 'bout it Mikey. You good with that?
28  2  12  22   21 hiya

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 10:46:37 AM »
I'd go 5, 3,2,1  Give the winner a little bonus 
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Section_725

• Star
  • Try Not! Do! Or Do Not! There Is No Try!
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 08:44:12 PM »
Good point mikey. How about 5, 3, 2, 1 if your driver wins the race, 4, 3, 2, 1 if the top driver finishes 2nd or worse?
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline Super28

• Star
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 09:24:23 PM »
How 'bout ya'll just confuse the hell out of this game!

4,3,2,1!
28  2  12  22   21 hiya

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2018, 05:26:23 AM »

4,3,2,1!

Well ok.

If it the first Sunday of the Month and they are racing in South Carolina the points are 10,7, 4, 1. Any other Sunday in Carolina it would be 9,6,3,1, unless the top car is a Toyota in which case...

Ok, so straight up 4,3,2,1 or 5,3,2,1 you and mikey can figure out which is the best. Sometimes an idea seems good in my head but in reality may not be the best option.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:37:01 AM by Section_725 »
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 07:46:22 AM »

4,3,2,1!

You mean 1 point confuses you...  I knew you were..... well.... not intelligent LOL..... Ford Fan after all..... LOL 

5,3,2,1 extra point for winning.....   

#18n18

Offline Super28

• Star
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2018, 10:04:28 AM »
Fine! shock1

This is the final say!

5, if your car wins, then 3,2,1
4,  if your car is first but does not win, then 3,2,1

28  2  12  22   21 hiya

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 10:26:50 AM »
Fine! shock1

This is the final say!

5, if your car wins, then 3,2,1
4,  if your car is first but does not win, then 3,2,1

Now was that hard LOL..... After all I will be the leader after Daytona when Kesolowski wins the 500...  but it will be short lived when we get to real racing.

#18n18

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:56 AM »
So my drafting strategy was based on the assumption the points would be the same. Now that it has changed I think we need a redraft. grin1

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 02:48:21 PM »
Team Rosters

Spikes:
B. Keslowski
D. Hamlin
J. Johnson

Super:
K. Harvick
M. Truex Jr.
W. Byron

Mikeyfan

R. Blaney
Ky Busch
Ky Larson

Section

Logano
E. Jones
C. Elliott
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »
So my drafting strategy was based on the assumption the points would be the same. Now that it has changed I think we need a redraft. grin1

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

487 487 487 487 487 487 487 487 487
car2 atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline Super28

• Star
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!!!
28  2  12  22   21 hiya

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 03:58:55 PM »

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2018, 04:59:27 PM »
Well ain't that a  nutkick

Can't even play nice when the darn game hasn't even started yet... If it did id be leading already because Kes won the clash ..... wheres my point lead LOL.....

#18n18

Offline Super28

• Star
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2018, 06:18:23 PM »
Only point races
28  2  12  22   21 hiya

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2018, 07:12:20 PM »
Can't even play nice when the darn game hasn't even started yet... If it did id be leading already because Kes won the clash ..... wheres my point lead LOL.....
They started it! I just made an innocent comment about maybe needing to redo the draft, and BOOM! they start throwing shade.

Offline Super28

• Star
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2018, 07:39:13 PM »
They started it! I just made an innocent comment about maybe needing to redo the draft, and BOOM! they start throwing shade.

The whole bunch of you get a kick out of driving me insane! SURPRISE! I'm already there!
28  2  12  22   21 hiya

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2018, 07:51:42 PM »
The whole bunch of you get a kick out of driving me insane! SURPRISE! I'm already there!

Well that took less time than I expected.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2018, 08:15:17 PM »
Well that took less time than I expected.

Yeah... what Section said.....  LOL

#18n18

Offline Roushfenwayguy

• Star
  • If you ain't first... well you ain't first...
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 12:17:04 PM »
And here's RFG's projected finish order. Could be way off, but this is interesting at least.

4.) Spikes: Picking Brad first is very questionable with Harvick on the board. Sure I have Harvick going 5th this year, but he's still a very solid and safe pick. Who knows if the Logano bug hits Keselowski. Anyways, his Toyota is still above Section's, and the other two picks are coin flips (although I personally would lean slightly Section's way in both of these.)

3.) Section: Getting stuck with that 4th Ford pick wasn't good, although maybe Logano has a resurgent year. In fact, Section is hoping for a lot of big spikes from Erik Jones and Chase Elliott as well. I'm actually pretty high on these two. Still, it will be interesting to see how Spikes and Section do, as Section had his pick of Jimmie and Denny but passed both. This could actually pay off.

2.) Super: Getting Truex is always a blessing, and Harvick too, wow that's great. But Mikey's lineup is also very impressive. The difference will be, will Larson be so much better than Byron compared to Blaney and Harvick. The answer, probably. Byron is a HUGE downgrade from Larson. We have seen promising rookies in the past do mediocre their first year, then pick it up their 2nd year in action. It's very questionable too, as Jaime McMurray was on the board, and was probably the only pick I would consider a mistake in this draft, but time will tell.

1.) Mikeyfan- The Kyles looked so great last year, its hard to believe they will slow down, if anything Truex might slow down a bit. Kyle Larson still has to prove it wasn't a one year thing though, but I think he will. Then you get Ryan Blaney, who was a top 8 driver last year and upgraded his ride. Mikey looks primed with an amazing lineup to win this thing.

Predictions:

Mikeyfan- Picked the 2nd, 3rd and 7th best drivers.

Super- Picked the 1st, 5th and 15th best drivers (Byron misses the chase due to no wins).

Spikes- Picked the 8th, 9th and 10th best drivers

Section- Picked the 4th, 6th and 12th best drivers

Possible Misses: Jaime McMurray 11th, Clint Bowyer 13th, Kurt Busch 14th, Stenhouse 16th, Suarez 17th, Alex Bowman 18th, Austin Dillon 19th, Aric Almirola 20th, Paul Menard 21st
People always seem to flock toward the underdog, no wonder why Jr. and Patrick are so popular.

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »
I'm hoping to see Logano have a comeback year, I think he can do it. There wasn't a better Ford option picking 4th. I was debating about Denny, but I think Erik Jones will have a better year than Denny at least as far as top 3 finishes go which is what this game is built on. With the change in points I may have leaned towards Denny over Erik though. For the Chevy Jimmie seemed like the obvious pick but I'm hoping Chase will have a big year this year and finish better than Jimmie. I think Super is going to win it this year with his lineup, and if Harvick is getting him alot of wins, well that's OK with me.

Offline SpikesRowdy18

• Star
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2018, 04:22:41 PM »
And here's RFG's projected finish order. Could be way off, but this is interesting at least.

4.) Spikes: Picking Brad first is very questionable with Harvick on the board. Sure I have Harvick going 5th this year, but he's still a very solid and safe pick. Who knows if the Logano bug hits Keselowski. Anyways, his Toyota is still above Section's, and the other two picks are coin flips (although I personally would lean slightly Section's way in both of these.)

3.) Section: Getting stuck with that 4th Ford pick wasn't good, although maybe Logano has a resurgent year. In fact, Section is hoping for a lot of big spikes from Erik Jones and Chase Elliott as well. I'm actually pretty high on these two. Still, it will be interesting to see how Spikes and Section do, as Section had his pick of Jimmie and Denny but passed both. This could actually pay off.

2.) Super: Getting Truex is always a blessing, and Harvick too, wow that's great. But Mikey's lineup is also very impressive. The difference will be, will Larson be so much better than Byron compared to Blaney and Harvick. The answer, probably. Byron is a HUGE downgrade from Larson. We have seen promising rookies in the past do mediocre their first year, then pick it up their 2nd year in action. It's very questionable too, as Jaime McMurray was on the board, and was probably the only pick I would consider a mistake in this draft, but time will tell.

1.) Mikeyfan- The Kyles looked so great last year, its hard to believe they will slow down, if anything Truex might slow down a bit. Kyle Larson still has to prove it wasn't a one year thing though, but I think he will. Then you get Ryan Blaney, who was a top 8 driver last year and upgraded his ride. Mikey looks primed with an amazing lineup to win this thing.

Predictions:

Mikeyfan- Picked the 2nd, 3rd and 7th best drivers.

Super- Picked the 1st, 5th and 15th best drivers (Byron misses the chase due to no wins).

Spikes- Picked the 8th, 9th and 10th best drivers

Section- Picked the 4th, 6th and 12th best drivers

Possible Misses: Jaime McMurray 11th, Clint Bowyer 13th, Kurt Busch 14th, Stenhouse 16th, Suarez 17th, Alex Bowman 18th, Austin Dillon 19th, Aric Almirola 20th, Paul Menard 21st

Very interesting my friend...  Good observations..
But there isn't much difference in Keselowski and Harvick and having the first pick and that pick had to be a Ford, Brad did win more races last year than Harvick, plus I still believe Harvick will slide again some more this year. After that there wasn't much left for me on the Toyota side or the Chevy side for that matter, picking first in this game is a bad disadvantage with the way the manufactures went, picking a Ford first was a tough deal, I mean Toyota won the most races and the manufactures title in 2017 they should have been the first pick, but it is Supers game and he still lives in the past and Ford now is over 12 years having never won a title and that wont change this year either. So last I should finish for sure, but I will have the lead after the first week when Brad wins the 500. Spikes.

#18n18

Offline Section_725

• Star
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2018, 07:04:10 PM »
Now that's an interesting idea. Set the manufacturers by their finish in NASCAR and the draft should have been Toyota, Ford, then Chevy. Even in that format though I think my team would have been the same, but yours would be much better with either Truex or Kyle B. Mikey and Super are sissies who don't like changes so that won't happen. grin1

Offline Super28

• Star
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2018, 10:13:44 PM »
Now that's an interesting idea. Set the manufacturers by their finish in NASCAR and the draft should have been Toyota, Ford, then Chevy. Even in that format though I think my team would have been the same, but yours would be much better with either Truex or Kyle B. Mikey and Super are sissies who don't like changes so that won't happen. grin1

PPPPfffttth!
28  2  12  22   21 hiya