Next Generation Sports > NASCAR

Richard Petty Joins Chevrolet

(1/1)

BearDawg:
Richard Petty Motorsports announced that they are entering into a technical alliance with RCR and running Chevrolets for the 2018 season.  Seems like a strange time to be switching, with Daytona only a little over 2 months away.  Will be a quick build up of their Chevrolet stable.  Saw in the article about the switch that RPM will also be moving their operations to Welcome, NC to be closer to RCR.  That's a lot of running around to be getting done while also trying to prepare for the season w/ different engines/chassis.  For a team that struggles to get consistent top 15's, this might but them behind the 8-ball at least for the first part of the season....

SpikesRowdy18:

--- Quote from: BearDawg on December 08, 2017, 09:34:01 AM ---Richard Petty Motorsports announced that they are entering into a technical alliance with RCR and running Chevrolets for the 2018 season.  Seems like a strange time to be switching, with Daytona only a little over 2 months away.  Will be a quick build up of their Chevrolet stable.  Saw in the article about the switch that RPM will also be moving their operations to Welcome, NC to be closer to RCR.  That's a lot of running around to be getting done while also trying to prepare for the season w/ different engines/chassis.  For a team that struggles to get consistent top 15's, this might but them behind the 8-ball at least for the first part of the season....

--- End quote ---

Exactly why all the crying that's been done in 2017 with the #78 winning 8 races and the #18 5 races which easily could have been 8 himself.
So that's 13 races just by those 2.
Well with this move and I take it we will not see a #27 as I have heard nothing yet so I am guessing that team may go by the curb too.
Then we have Hendrick with 3 of its 4 drivers never having won a cup race yet, then we have cry baby Penske who cries about Toyota instead of making their cars faster the way the #4 did, then we have RCR and Roush, well Little Ricky could win a plate race. OK, the facts are in.

Why should I not believe the #18 and #78 won't win 16 races this year......  Drivers matter, It has been a long time coming but just watch the domination you are fixing to witness... Enjoy, it happens every now and then.... This is the Perfect Storm brewing...    Spikes.

Super28:
Sorry to see Petty leave Ford, but wish him success with Chevolet. Be nice to see the 43 with Bubba Wallace in Victory Lane.

Naw, not really!  shock1

Go Blue Oval

Coach348:
Hendrick and Chevy dominated like Toyota is doing now only a few years ago. It's all cyclical. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Chevy will be back soon. I'm not worried about it.

Coach

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version