Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 12221 times)

Offline GreenBlood

• Icon
  • Lost Soul
Introduce yourself
« on: August 22, 2010, 08:42:09 AM »
Heres the spot to introduce yourself to the site with a few words.

Feel free to tell us how you found the site, and any other info you want to share with the members here. An "icebreaker" thread if you will.

There are donuts and coffee on the tables to the left, and the facilities are down the hall on your right. The NGS Bar and Grill is upstairs on your left, follow the loud music and commotion. See you on the boards!

dj1

Offline GreenBlood

• Icon
  • Lost Soul
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:06:04 AM »
Ok, I'll kick this off I guess,

Names GreenBlood, and Im from Maine doing the best I can to stay above water while bass fishing. Im also "green-blood-" from CBS, and GreenBlood on NFL.com, Greenblood on the Jets official site. Oh yeah, Im a 3 decade long NY Jets fan and am patiently awaiting a SB appearance in my lifetime. (I missed the one in '69 by a year)

I dont get into baseball or basketball, but I have followed Nascar since 89 or so. I also hope for another Stanley Cup from the NY Rangers, and a frozen 4 appearance from the UMaine Blackbears hockey team.

I like to write, and Ive got a half assed science fiction novel in the works. (it will never be finished tho LOL)

I like to do woodworking, and was a carpenter for quite a few years. Did plenty of concrete work too. If I ever get my woodworking shop finished I would like to build grandmother clocks and other doo-dads in my spare time. I also have a refresh project going on with my boat, but it seems that is taking longer than planned. (sigh..)

I LOVE to fish.

I played drums for 23 years, since age 8, untill I cashed out some years ago.  I played in numerous bands that never made it famous....

Ive got 2 daughters (13, 18) a stepson (22) a stepdaughter (26) a stepgrandson (7) who drive me loony and a wife that does the same from time to time too.

I found the site via invites from DLP and DDriver while I was at CBS, and decided to make the switch. Im glad I did.

Im sure alot of you already know this stuff, but hey, Im kicking this thread off to aid the new members.

See you on the boards!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:59:00 PM by GreenBlood »

Offline GreenBlood

• Icon
  • Lost Soul
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:12:33 AM »
Also...

If you have any questions or issues just shoot me a private message and I'd be glad to help you out.

Offline eyebite

• NGS Probation Officer
  • All Time Legend
  • GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 12:59:36 AM »
Buuuurrrrrppppp!!!!
* I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every damn minute of it. * Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them. * Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive. * I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are just missing.

Offline eyebite

• NGS Probation Officer
  • All Time Legend
  • GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 01:03:16 AM »
Ok, so.... Hi, i am eb, and i am an alcoholic.... Errr... Wait... Wrong thread.... Lol.   I am another cbs refugee that came here after a few requests from ney and met.... Never looked back... Lets see... I live in so cal, I am married with 1 kid.... I work in law enforcement.... My hobbies include working on my house, or the cars.... That about sums it up.... Lol
* I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every damn minute of it. * Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them. * Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive. * I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are just missing.

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Super Mod
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:30:42 AM »
I go by River Rat both here and CBS.  (I live across the road from a small river)  I was talked into coming here by a couple of members that are no longer here (And we will leave it at that) and enjoy the place.  I'm in Indiana, been married for 23 years (to the same woman) and have a boy and a girl, 10 and 7.  (Yeah it took a while but my story is I was planting the seeds too deep and they couldn't get enough light to grow)  My daughter goes by the screen name Mini Mia because of playing youth soccer and she occasionally likes to "type"here as well.
I'm like Greenie,  I love the NFL (and the Colts) and NASCAR, but really can't get into MLB or NBA.  I like to play golf, and during the winter, I do stained glass, and in the summer I pour mosaics.  Once I get 21 16" X 16" mosaics finished I'll build a sidewalk at the house.  (at this rate that will be somewhere around 2025)  That's about it.

Went out last night and got really wasted. 
I woke up in the middle of the night next to some chick who was snoring and farting, so I knew I made it home OK.

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
  • The Grandbabies :)
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 12:47:10 PM »
Blacktopbully here.. Call me Bully.. I was a CBSer back in the day also... Switched here along w/ everyone else!

Live in Western Mass.. Born and raised here.. Two kids (son 24, daughter 18). 2 step sons (20 and 17).. 1 wife and 1 ex-wife! Two horses, 3 cats, 2 rabbits, bunch of chickens, a bird and my loyal pooch Loofy!

HUGE sports fan.. Baseball is my fav sport but the Oakland Raiders are my truest sports love.. Was an A's fan as a kid and got aboard the NYY bandwagon when Reggie came to NY.. A's fan again now that I'm older and wiser to the ways of the world...

Work.. 2 gigs... Dispatcher by day, dock worker by night... HS baseball ump during the season and summer, but weekends only now :(

I like to beat up whimps and take my aggression out on those that don't really deserve it.. I pick on those smaller than me and those whom I know won't fight back.. I take lunch money from little kids... and I check out their MILF mothers!! ;)

Oh yeah.. Have seen KISS in concert more times than you'd believe! Was a member of the KISS Army as a little Bully.. :)

Hello. I'm Bully. What's your name?

Offline Cool Breeze

• AZZ MASTER!
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mafia War/ Hot Chicks
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »
Hey NGS, As U know I was also invited by 2 members thats no longer here from CBS. Still play Fantasy sports there BUT dont miss the D R A M A!  Havent posted much here lately but I do visit daily. Im in the San Fran Bay Area and a DIEHARD RAIDAS and LAKERS Fan.   Just WIN Baby!!!!!!!!

By the way my drink of choice is 5 hr energy drinks. Thats as strong as it gets for me!

Offline GreenBlood

• Icon
  • Lost Soul
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »
Glad to see this thread getting some action!

More please!

Offline DLPackers

• 2011 NFL Champs - Packers!!!
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
Hey all, I'm known as DLP around here. A few of us started this place to try and leave the drama of cBS behind. There's been some speed bumps along the way, but we are doing great now!

I'm pretty much just an NFL fan, and obviously that's mostly spent as a Packers fan!!! But I am an NFL fan, I watch all games and just genuinely enjoy the NFL! I'm from Minnesota, which makes being a Packers fan even better!

So I didn't have to find the place, but tell us how you made it here?
So I am a Packers fan in North Carolina, that just means I'm smarter than the rest of 'em!!!

Offline attycj

• Hall of Famer
  • Freedom of Speech is NOT gained through violence
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 08:21:46 PM »
Howdy....call me CJ.  I came here years ago at the invite of DLP and Met.

I am a NFL fan, but I do enjoy the other sports.  I am a resident movie and tv nut, so If you like to talk movies there is a spot for you.
Ignorance like a gun in hand, reach out to the promised land,
Your history books are full of lies, media-blitz gonna dry your eyes,
Have you ever been afraid, and felt society try to keep you down?
I begin to watch things change see them turn around.

Offline GreenBlood

• Icon
  • Lost Soul
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 11:17:20 AM »
Ive always called you Atty, but CJ is shorter to type so.... LOL

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 01:31:42 PM »
Hello all!!

Blitzburgh's the name..but you can call me simply blitz..I also go by E from time to time (short for Eric).

I was invited over here by Met back in the day, think I was the 10th member back when we were still in our infancy stages on Rapidboards.

I love the NFL..black n' gold through and through..also a huge college football fan (Go Buckeyes) and I am passionate about hockey as well.  I still watch baseball from time to time but my Pirates have been hopeless since I was 9 years old so it's hard to stay too involved there with how they are mismanaging the team.  Don't follow the NBA too much but Orlando is my team.

Just finished up my degree from THEEEEEE Ohio State University this past spring and have embarked on my real employed life..it is challenging yet rewarding at the same time.  Not set in stone as what I want to do for the rest of my life though, so we will see where the road takes me.

See you around the site!!
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline Shakes

• Contributing Member
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 04:47:57 PM »
Im Shakes aka Tony from Kansas City, Missouri born and raised, Im a Steelers and Chiefs fan as well as Tigers and Huskers! I'm age 27 and my hobbies are going out and watching sports. I also have a like for women, he he he! rofl

Offline true_rebel

• Hall of Famer
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 12:27:46 PM »
True_rebel here.  I also go by true, reb, or tr, or whatever.  You can call me anything but late for supper.  I also came over in the great cbs migration.  I was born and raised in a small town in Mississippi, home to 3 SEC head basketball coaches.  I enjoy hunting, fishing, target shooting, and travelling as well as tv, movies, and music. 

I've been cursed to be an Ole Miss fan for all college sports.  I also love NFL (Steelers and Saints) and MLB (Cardinals).  I work all the time, so if I'm on, I'm usually on the clock lmao. 
Sex is a lot like air.  It isn't a big deal unless you're not getting any.  mississippi1

Offline metabolik13

• Hall of Famer
  • Flame on!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 06:33:50 PM »
Sup all...   smiley-fire

Metabolik13 here...aka Met... aka Mark...aka a$$hole... & a bunch of others I won't get into here!
I'm from Wilkes-Barre PA, home of the "baby" Pens & the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (both are minor league franchises to the "bigs") Have 4 kids, 30/28/8/5 ... 2 grandsons, 9/6! I share my house with my ex-gf, her 22 year old son & our 2 kids, 2 cats, 2 birds & a hermit crab!!
Sheetmetal worker by trade... I love to play softball (still kickin' with the young kids at 49), shoot pool in a traveling league & play shuffleboard at the "Big House"!! (You guys would love the BH..  ber no drama...OK maybe a little.. no fights... no drugs... great food & low prices... $1 frosted mugs!!!!!!!!   beermug ) Used to bowl in a league, but can't find the time as of late (185 avg when I quit the league) & have been known to toss a dart or two!!!
Got quacked into leaving the drama of C..bs years ago & never looked back!! Have been at it with DLP since day 1 through all of our trials & tribulations!! We've had a hiccup now & then, but we have what we want now & just need to get a lot more users to see our dream come true!!
If you are reading this & like the place & all we have to offer... feel free to invite all your friends over & join the party!!  rockin1  dj1

Statistics are often used as a drunk uses a light pole: For support rather than illumination.

Offline Writer Rocker

• Coach
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 07:17:59 PM »
Greetings all!

I answer to WR, Rocker or Writer. Doesn't matter. Each works for me.

I chose that screen name back in the CBS days because of two obvious loves. I've been a professional writer since 1981 when I began my career as a sportswriter in Uniontown, Pa. Nowadays, I ghostwrite books (more than I can remember), am president of a national writers organization, teach at writers' conferences, mentor aspiring writers, and am shopping two novels I wrote this year. As for rocker, I love music, but don't play an instrument. Eighties metal is my preferred choice to rattle the walls, and I've been a KISS fan for 35 years.

I'm really just an average guy who lives near Orlando with the love of my life. Our son is a chef at the top restaurant in Providence. We don't have any pets.

I don't follow sports much anymore, certainly not like I did as a child. I still enjoy hockey (Devils) and NASCAR (Jr.). I retired from the weekend warriors days three years ago when I hung up the skates on a eighteen-year career as a recreational goalie. I also played softball and football during my twenties.

With invitation in hand from RandyB, I knocked on the NGS door during the mad rush in February 2009. Although I don't visit as often as I wish I could, I do enjoy the fun and fellowship here.

Offline wuffy

• Veteran
  • Get Some B*tch!
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 10:37:49 AM »
Ive always called you Atty, but CJ is shorter to type so.... LOL

Ive always called him "bear"...well he is a Bears fan! hehe
I will introduce me in a lil bit...got Christmas to do!
"Stupidity should b painful"

I don't have time for your BS

Offline wuffy

• Veteran
  • Get Some B*tch!
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 04:18:27 PM »
Ok, so here goes...I'm wuffy aka Kim.  I am a mom of four (19b,13b,8g, 7g) and grandmother of two gorgeous lil guy! Currently in a relationship with James(celebrating our 2nd Christmas).  I'm an avid football fan(NY Giants and NCSU) and fantasy football addict.  I love all genre's of music. Disc Golf is da chitta! I am in my 3rd yr of college @ the age of 43 and double majoring in the AAS Office Administration and Legal Office programs!

I would like to say I'm an original member of the site, even tho u dont c much of me. I owe my thanx to cb(where is the pile of poop emoticon???) to meeting these guys back in Aug of 06.  I attempt to stay away from the drama but I will defend my friends and well...we get what I like to call "involuntarily dismissed" from sites... rofl  Although if your a true Foghead, we found our ways to get around that! 
I can be found on Facebook...but if u hit me for a friend, U need to send me ur name on here or I will never have any idea who the .... you are!

And my usual closing...Love Ya guys!  DRi

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:54:15 PM by wuffy »

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 03:10:07 AM »
G'day, I'm Oz. Don't adjust your sets, yes, I'm Australian.

So, what's an Aussie doing on an American sports message board? Basically I love sport and I watch just about anything. It was about 20 years ago I got into NFL and started following the Packers, the team's history and the mystique of a small town having a pro team appealed to me. As the years went by and access to games became easier with pay TV starting up in Australia my interest grew and I needed somewhere to talk about the sport. CBS was the answer and so, like most people here, I am a refugee from there.

Aside from the Packers I also follow the Redsox in MLB and my homeboy, Marcos Ambrose in the NASCAR. I really can't get into Basketball or Ice Hockey but Andrew Bogut gets his fair share of air time down here so I do take a bit of an interest in the Bucks (I think there's no coincidence that Bucks rhymes with sucks...).

As I said, I watch just about anything. Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Cycling, Swimming, I love the Olympics when they roll around and, of course I follow all my favourite teams in the various sports downunder.

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 01:15:02 PM »
Thanks Rocker, Wuffy, and Oz!  Would be great to see some of our newer members respond here.
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline wuffy

• Veteran
  • Get Some B*tch!
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 02:10:42 PM »
OOOOOH Forgot to mention...Philip Rivers has the key to my football heart! 

Offline GreenBlood

• Icon
  • Lost Soul
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
Good stuff guys and gals.

Come on new members, lets here from you!

Offline Thumper09

• Veteran
  • Rather be here than that other place.
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 07:41:48 PM »
Hey all Im Thumper Im a Cali boy and music lover along with Sports Go Giants.......ugh Go Niners (cough cough hack hack) not a fan of basketball since Jordan, Pippen and Robinson retired and not a fan of Hockey at all (sry Hockey fans). Not much of a talker on here since Im mostly on Facebook playin Mafia Wars or something. Came over from sCleazy BS coz i got so flippin tired of it over there but I still pop meh head in once in a while and play Fantasy when I have the time. :)
Who What When Where HUH???

Offline CanEngJohn

• Star
  • You make the Call (NFL) Season 2 Champ.
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 08:24:57 PM »
Good Day Eh.

Yeah, I live north of the 49th Parallel and no it is NOT the 51st State.

CanEngJohn is the handle due to my preference to keep things simple.  I am another CBS refugee which was dragged here by a couple of people whom I don't see much anymore but that is ok as everyone whom is here is cool enough.

So getting back to my handle Can = Canadian, Eng = Engineer, John = ... well do I have to explain that one?  Like I said I prefer simple.  Oh and by the way if I am at work don't pester me.  I play with Nuclear Reactors when they are in maintenance mode.  Don't accidentally make me slip up because I don't get to use much of a safety net when I am working. (Oh and I LOVE my job).

I am a die hard fantasy football fan.  Been playing for over 14 years and been playing online since 1999 - when you had to submit your list by special email and your lineup was locked 24 hours in advance of the first game of the week.  Man I hated thursday games when the injury report was not official 'til Friday.

I became a Pats fan quite a ways back, I'ld have to check the year, but I hated Bledsoe from day 1.  I don't condone Big Bad Bill for cheating and no I will not be the one whom will deny it either but I think he is still one of the best coaches in the league right now.  I just get annoyed with his EGO.

'Boys suck.  'Nuff said.

I am also a totally die hard Habs fan.  I lived in Montreal in the early 70's, got to see the 3-3 tie with Russia (although I don't remember much - I was young) and loved Big Bird ... no not seasame street.  If you don't know look it up.

Until very recently the only sports I did not "get" were soccer and cricket.  I still don't get cricket.  At one time in my life I was playing football, hockey, baseball, basketball, competitive swimming and competitive cycling.  I love to compete although I never was all that great with the trash talk.  My preferred respone was an elbow to the mouth, especially if you were a D-line or LB.  If I said I was still active I'ld be lying.  Got 2 bad ankles, 1 bad knee and a messed up shoulder.  That is why I became an Engineer.

Been married for 13 Years and have 5 kids - 4 of them are girls.  I have a totally new appreciation for the colours of the world - I know the difference between mauve and purple.  A goal of mine is to become the Dad you don't want to meet.

The one thing that irks me more than ANYTHING else in the world ...

I hate fantasy football players that give up before week 12.  Never give up.  Never Surrender. 

I don't care if you are 2-10.  Be a spoiler and knock out that guy in 5th place that beat me by fluke luck twice already so I don't have to face him again.

beermug

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:29:57 PM by CanEngJohn »
Caffine is not a drug it is a Vitamin!

CAFFINE.SYS not found - System startup disabled.

Sleep is a symptom of Caffine deprivation.