Author Topic: Late Night Underground  (Read 4020077 times)

Offline Mercury

• Contributing Member
  • Star
  • NGS is the Best
Re: Late Night Underground
« Reply #18425 on: Yesterday at 02:37:17 AM »
I picked up Mesoraco late.  Hope he comes back strong from his injury.  Gary Sanchez is a great starter though.  If he hits like last summer, he'll DH a bunch too.
Yes that's huge if gets off to good start...like you say should be in the lineup 150 games a year...
phi3 mtl2 min1

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Coach
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #18426 on: Yesterday at 02:40:15 AM »
Yes that's huge if gets off to good start...like you say should be in the lineup 150 games a year...

If this is the first year that you have played on Yahoo, they have a great way they track scoring live.  Up on the task bar is a button that say Stat Tracker.  It's live scoring for all the games going plus you get your team's scoring as well.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline Mercury

• Contributing Member
  • Star
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #18427 on: Yesterday at 02:40:57 AM »
Mesoraco I picked with a minor -league pick ( we allow up to 6 minor leaguers in my rotisserie league...my last draft of the season April 8th) oh so many years ago, when he's right will put numbers with the best, ah but those injuries, and funks...You  know when to bench him ;-)
phi3 mtl2 min1

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Coach
« Reply #18428 on: Yesterday at 02:42:00 AM »
I gotta roll, Merc.  Got blisters on my fingers.  Been practicing chords while we type.  Tired old man.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline Mercury

• Contributing Member
  • Star
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #18429 on: Yesterday at 02:42:22 AM »
Looking at the pitching scoring...thinking many might play into to taking waiver fodder, but can see how badly that could backfire...yeah fire , playing with fire...
phi3 mtl2 min1

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Coach
« Reply #18430 on: Yesterday at 02:43:25 AM »
Mesoraco I picked with a minor -league pick ( we allow up to 6 minor leaguers in my rotisserie league...my last draft of the season April 8th) oh so many years ago, when he's right will put numbers with the best, ah but those injuries, and funks...You  know when to bench him ;-)

He's just a fill-in for me.  I thought him the best option that late in the draft.  He might get 40 starts for me.  Hope I get lucky when he plays.
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline Mercury

• Contributing Member
  • Star
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #18431 on: Yesterday at 02:43:32 AM »
That said , should I expect to have no pitcher a couple of times a week, 5 of 7 sort of thing?
phi3 mtl2 min1

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Coach
« Reply #18432 on: Yesterday at 02:44:14 AM »
Looking at the pitching scoring...thinking many might play into to taking waiver fodder, but can see how badly that could backfire...yeah fire , playing with fire...

Yep  grin1   

Very easy to take a big negative number.
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Coach
« Reply #18433 on: Yesterday at 02:46:31 AM »
That said , should I expect to have no pitcher a couple of times a week, 5 of 7 sort of thing?

Look at it like a regular team.  5 starters on rotation.  Sometimes the same starter will start twice in one week.  Without injuries and days off, you'd need 6 pitchers maybe.  But....I'd rather have 9.  Always 3 for waiver fodder.
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Coach
« Reply #18434 on: Yesterday at 02:48:25 AM »

That's why you watch the schedule.  Fill those holes with a decent option.  Team matchups too.  If a mediocre pitcher is going against a light hitting team, he may be worth a one-day pickup.
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline Mercury

• Contributing Member
  • Star
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #18435 on: Yesterday at 02:49:34 AM »
I gotta roll, Merc.  Got blisters on my fingers.  Been practicing chords while we type.  Tired old man.
Take care KB, a la prochaine...
phi3 mtl2 min1

Offline Mercury

• Contributing Member
  • Star
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #18436 on: Yesterday at 02:50:23 AM »
Cookie did I miss your sign-off?
phi3 mtl2 min1

Offline Mercury

• Contributing Member