Author Topic: Memphis, Kentucky, and Tennessee Fans LXV  (Read 685035 times)

Cali Cat, BC and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online BC

• Reds #1 Fan
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Buttcrack is the Best
Re: Memphis, Kentucky, and Tennessee Fans LXV
« Reply #131075 on: Today at 08:26:50 AM »
Color doesn't matter, the fact is they are. Look, name 1 predominantly Black African or any other nation that exceeds a 3rd world status. 3rd world nations ARE shitholes. ( Now I agree there are many other words that could be used to describe them but the word shithole fits, it's not lying ) Of the 200 or so countries on this planet more than half qualify for that description, sorry but true.

Yeah but the point is not about the living conditions.  A scientist could come from one of those places and cure cancer.

It's an ignorant statement and non-presidential.  It's embarrassing to the United States. 

Offline Fish-on087

• Star
  • MKTF H.O.F inductees TG and Eliot R.I.P.
« Reply #131076 on: Today at 09:32:17 AM »
Yeah but the point is not about the living conditions.  A scientist could come from one of those places and cure cancer.

It's an ignorant statement and non-presidential.  It's embarrassing to the United States. 
No the point is about living conditions . 1 scientist does not excuse the fact that the country is a shithole. Living conditions are a direct result of a failed government, failed economy, and lack of initiative . When your country does not stand on it's feet to support itself, and lacks civilized advancements ( like plumbing and clean water ), cannot find 1 commodity to export , it then retains the namesake of a shithole. It has nothing to do with race like you suggest ( that's just ignorance ) Your take on this is narrow minded.
Now if you say, the president in his position should not refer to countries this way, OK, but it's not beyond the thinking that they are.
We now live in an age where everything is communicated. Unlike the previous presidents this administration faces social media and transmissions far beyond what can be confidential. A meeting within the walls of the White house has never been open for scrutiny by the press, it was confidential. If the president is to live there he must be afforded the same security measures you and I cherish when we are home.
He could have chosen a different word but maybe he was trying to express the dire conditions of these countries and that was the strongest word he could use. I'm not saying he has an outstanding command of the English language but I can tell you, I have met the guy and he talks just like any other joe to joe conversation.
The word shithole is graphic but it describes the conditions not the people
Concrete shoes have no laces

Offline Fish-on087

• Star
  • MKTF H.O.F inductees TG and Eliot R.I.P.
« Reply #131077 on: Today at 09:49:00 AM »

Embarrassing to the United States?. How about a BURDEN to the United States. How about we give aid ( that's hard earned American money from taxpayers ) to these countries. This aid could be well spent on our deficiencies or even , LOWER TAXES to the American public. Now what do these countries do with this aid?, most use it on government officials, private bank accounts etc. ( corrupt government ) Is it our fault these countries cannot help themselves?. Where is it written that the wealthy should give their hard earned money to the poor? Why should the USA keep funding these countries with no positive result in sight? Our national debt would decrease tremendously.
If these countries view the word shithole in description to their conditions as offensive and suggest it's embarrassing, then they are ungrateful parasites and the help we provide them is a slap in our face and embarrassing to the taxpayer  for our genuine sympathy.
No the word does not reflect an embarrassment to our country, the fact that they with all the aid cannot get anywhere closer to a 2nd world country with all that is an embarrassment ( to them ).

How would you define those countries like say Haiti ? How is a 3rd world nation described?, by the race or the conditions?  I know you want to be politically correct but sometimes politically correct is snobbish and arrogant.
Concrete shoes have no laces

Online BC

• Reds #1 Fan
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Buttcrack is the Best
« Reply #131078 on: Today at 10:27:06 AM »
No the point is about living conditions . 1 scientist does not excuse the fact that the country is a shithole. Living conditions are a direct result of a failed government, failed economy, and lack of initiative . When your country does not stand on it's feet to support itself, and lacks civilized advancements ( like plumbing and clean water ), cannot find 1 commodity to export , it then retains the namesake of a shithole. It has nothing to do with race like you suggest ( that's just ignorance ) Your take on this is narrow minded.
Now if you say, the president in his position should not refer to countries this way, OK, but it's not beyond the thinking that they are.
We now live in an age where everything is communicated. Unlike the previous presidents this administration faces social media and transmissions far beyond what can be confidential. A meeting within the walls of the White house has never been open for scrutiny by the press, it was confidential. If the president is to live there he must be afforded the same security measures you and I cherish when we are home.
He could have chosen a different word but maybe he was trying to express the dire conditions of these countries and that was the strongest word he could use. I'm not saying he has an outstanding command of the English language but I can tell you, I have met the guy and he talks just like any other joe to joe conversation.
The word shithole is graphic but it describes the conditions not the people

Fish

The guy speaks before thinking.  The leader of the free world is supposed to be an example.  The leader of the free world...America....has a moral responsibility to assist those that can not assist themselves.  They are human beings who suffer.  The areas referred to as shitholes have not had the economic opportunities or the natural resources to be able to move themselves from being third world. 

You and Bob and 30% of the rest of America have obviously drank the spiked koolaid and have not woke up like 15% of the Trump camp.  What you are spinning in the above statement is this America first BS.  Referring to these places as shitholes is just a way to rally you guys and get you fired up...lol. 

If you want to put poor black people down and let them starve...be my guest.  But I'm of the opinion other human beings should not be left to starve and suffer if there is anything that can be done to do about it and if I lose $1 of my federal tax refund...I'll live lol.     

Online Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #131079 on: Today at 11:52:01 AM »
It's really strange to me to see otherwise intelligent people, whether I agree with them on certain things or not, allow themselves to be intentionally misled ... to not stop and take a moment to realize certain pieces of chit in the administration are intentionally conflating legal immigration and illegal immigration, and illegal immigrants who made the choice to come to this country illegally, and those who were brought here when they were too young to have any say in the matter.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1