Author Topic: Memphis, Kentucky, and Tennessee Fans LXV  (Read 618153 times)

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
Re: Memphis, Kentucky, and Tennessee Fans LXV
« Reply #151150 on: Today at 10:09:19 AM »
What makes you think I typed it?, I pay some non English speaking kid with bad breath and tiny fingers. Of course under the minimum wage and no healthcare.

I've got one pf those in the apartment above me you can take. He is quite inconsiderate and believes the infrastructure is causing loud thumping sounds.
I post for food or money...thank you

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #151151 on: Today at 10:51:56 AM »
Have you watched any of the television coverage of the outpouring of grief over the most recent mass shooting with an AR-15?

This will only help you BC, so think of it like that.

Where is your anger that one average 28 people die a day due to drunk driving?
Where is the anger over knives killing people.

I must have trained my firearms, especially my armalite 15, the true word behind AR-15, to be good obedient firearms.Not a single one of my firearms has ever gotten up and decided to go on a killing spree. I even made an 8 minute video of my armalite 15 rifle. For the first 5 minutes I watched it. Then I decided it didn't want to move and get caught, so I walked out of the room. When I came back five minutes later it was still there. However I guess you would say its because it was during the day and that is why my rifle didn't get up and go murder people?

Of the 6 gun powder firearms I own, only one of them I have used, oops I mean, only one has actually killed something. My .22, and please explain to me how it pulled the trigger before I did, killed a jackrabbit. The funny thing about you literally thinking an inanimate object actually kills things is you have no beef with automobiles. I  have killed, I mean my car has killed more animals and birds than any of my firearms have. Where is your anger towards vehicles?

From here on out I will push your agenda of inanimate objects killing. I'm going to forget the fact that a human is required to pull the trigger to make a gun discharge a bullet. My hunting rifle, large caliber rifle, armalite 15, shotgun, and 9mm have never killed a single thing. My BB gun has killed as many critters as my .22. One.

BC, you're a good guy but you call us gun owners nut bags and indoctrinated. How do you not see that you are completely worse than anyone that has posted about this topic? Fish and Cali have admitted there is need for change. I have and will again admit there is need for change. But the change has to deter criminals and NOT the law abiding citizen. A criminal is going to get their guns whether you or I like it. If they are going to kill someone using a gun, what difference does it make to steal one, or buy it from an illegal source? Absolutely nothing.

To answer your question, no I have not watched any of this. I don't need to watch any of it to know what the biased and brainwashed media is going to try and spout off. They spout off everything you just said. Guns are a coward's way out. They are so readily used because the assailant does not need to be in close contact with the person/people they are trying to harm. The closer the criminal gets to the person, the more in danger they are putting themselves. Lastly, how in the world do you think it is easier to conceal a 3 foot rifle than an 8 inch handgun? The majority of murders are done with handguns. I echo Fish's question, why do you only care about mass shootings and not individual cases? More people die from individual cases than mass shootings.

I don't understand how you literally think a firearm gets up and walks to a school and shoots those kids. The reason gun owners come off as uncaring and hard-hearted is because we understand that its a person using a tool to kill people. We want the person, AKA the problem, to be resolved. Criminals will always get their guns to kill people. There is no regulation in the world that will stop that. Once the world can figure out how to keep firearms out of criminals' hands, that is when this problem will be fixed.

All you will do is latch onto my words of no I don't pay attention to this. That pushes your agenda.
I post for food or money...thank you

Online Fish-on087

• Star
  • MKTF H.O.F inductees TG and Eliot R.I.P.
« Reply #151152 on: Today at 11:30:56 AM »
This will only help you BC, so think of it like that.

Where is your anger that one average 28 people die a day due to drunk driving?
Where is the anger over knives killing people.

I must have trained my firearms, especially my armalite 15, the true word behind AR-15, to be good obedient firearms.Not a single one of my firearms has ever gotten up and decided to go on a killing spree. I even made an 8 minute video of my armalite 15 rifle. For the first 5 minutes I watched it. Then I decided it didn't want to move and get caught, so I walked out of the room. When I came back five minutes later it was still there. However I guess you would say its because it was during the day and that is why my rifle didn't get up and go murder people?

Of the 6 gun powder firearms I own, only one of them I have used, oops I mean, only one has actually killed something. My .22, and please explain to me how it pulled the trigger before I did, killed a jackrabbit. The funny thing about you literally thinking an inanimate object actually kills things is you have no beef with automobiles. I  have killed, I mean my car has killed more animals and birds than any of my firearms have. Where is your anger towards vehicles?

From here on out I will push your agenda of inanimate objects killing. I'm going to forget the fact that a human is required to pull the trigger to make a gun discharge a bullet. My hunting rifle, large caliber rifle, armalite 15, shotgun, and 9mm have never killed a single thing. My BB gun has killed as many critters as my .22. One.

BC, you're a good guy but you call us gun owners nut bags and indoctrinated. How do you not see that you are completely worse than anyone that has posted about this topic? Fish and Cali have admitted there is need for change. I have and will again admit there is need for change. But the change has to deter criminals and NOT the law abiding citizen. A criminal is going to get their guns whether you or I like it. If they are going to kill someone using a gun, what difference does it make to steal one, or buy it from an illegal source? Absolutely nothing.

To answer your question, no I have not watched any of this. I don't need to watch any of it to know what the biased and brainwashed media is going to try and spout off. They spout off everything you just said. Guns are a coward's way out. They are so readily used because the assailant does not need to be in close contact with the person/people they are trying to harm. The closer the criminal gets to the person, the more in danger they are putting themselves. Lastly, how in the world do you think it is easier to conceal a 3 foot rifle than an 8 inch handgun? The majority of murders are done with handguns. I echo Fish's question, why do you only care about mass shootings and not individual cases? More people die from individual cases than mass shootings.

I don't understand how you literally think a firearm gets up and walks to a school and shoots those kids. The reason gun owners come off as uncaring and hard-hearted is because we understand that its a person using a tool to kill people. We want the person, AKA the problem, to be resolved. Criminals will always get their guns to kill people. There is no regulation in the world that will stop that. Once the world can figure out how to keep firearms out of criminals' hands, that is when this problem will be fixed.

All you will do is latch onto my words of no I don't pay attention to this. That pushes your agenda.

You're wasting your time . He's like talking to a bowling ball. He marches to the gun control drum beat . He won't answer your question, only continue to ask you more or even spout some babbling about a social media news flash.
Reason is out of his reach. He's consumed with a minute portion of the over all picture. It's called planned failure.

I tried but he doesn't seem to get the phrase " you cannot buy much with a one sided coin "
Concrete shoes have no laces

Online Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151153 on: Today at 11:50:54 AM »
In all fairness, at least imo, arguments like BC's on one side, and Jrny's on the other, aren't going to get anyone anywhere.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online Fish-on087

• Star
« Reply #151154 on: Today at 01:32:41 PM »
In all fairness, at least imo, arguments like BC's on one side, and Jrny's on the other, aren't going to get anyone anywhere.

That's true. Both points are valid, looking at the AR-15 ( the instrument ) it is not a one shot one kill device. So yes ( and this is not meant to construed as the only problem ) it's an effective weapon. The other point is , it takes the human factor to create such evil in a weapon.  Having established the obvious the answer might not be to separate the 2 as issues but to include the 2 as an issue.
We must look at the result and work backwards. What prevents death?. Many answers, a well informed society, education, tolerance, training etc. but laws don't. Laws are for people who fit those examples I just talked about. Laws have no bearing on  an individual that is incapable of understanding, rationale, or control. The tool to massacre make little difference to a person intent on killing only possibly a body count.
We have eliminated some of the most effective tools  through laws but yet a person with their ability to adapt, overcome, will find a way to do what they intend ( 911 is a perfect example ). Yes a weapon like anAR-15 can kill and kill many, like all guns it was designed to kill. Statistic show that handguns commit more deaths though, so maybe in all due respect, the AR-15 is an inadequate contestant for top killing machine.
If we look at the weapon of choice for these mass shootings we see it is an AR-15 or an AK-47 ( such as the weapon used in the North Hollywood bank heist ) . Remembering that this is the most purchased, most owned gun, the percentage of use for these shootings compared to the overall ownership of the weapon indicates that this weapon is most vilified by maniacs not the majority or the law abiding owner who takes great care and concern about how his weapon is stored and used. It is a discriminatory idea that this weapon is evil and that the amount of these weapons owned places the remaining ownership into a category of crazed killers.
I won't deny that it is a killing a machine . I will however point out that it is exemplified ,by reckless use , as to it's image. I own many but because of this shooting, do mine now become evil monsters when all throughout their history with me they have been as docile as a puppy?, what would make them so evil? Well, I purchased them legally, to become monsters, I would have to stray from reality, become something I was not when I purchased them. Now here's the blame fit if they are used recklessly?
I think you Cali hit on a very interesting and acceptable example of limiting the chances of this scenario happening and maybe just maybe you wouldn't have had thought about it if you were ( not suggesting you are ) narrow minded and resistant to conversation.
Both BC and JRY ( to whom I am more likened to with respect to guns ) have deep concerns. The problem is not the weapon but the easy access for those who shouldn't have it.

Online Cali Cat

• Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151155 on: Today at 02:39:11 PM »
There's so much with which I agree in your post, fishy.

Because this specific weapon has been used in very, very high profile mass murders, it has become a, for lack of a better term, "poster child."  Instead of looking at the overall picture and trying to take a measured/reasoned approach, we get the knee-jerk reaction (and after another incident of children being gunned down at a school, I absolutely understand whence a knee-jerk reaction would come) "these guns are evil, and anyone who doesn't think so doesn't care enough a bunch of children were just slaughtered at school ... again."  On the other side of it, we have another knee-jerk (and I understand that, too ... if I felt like someone was telling me I didn't care enough a bunch of children were just slaughtered because I didn't think a complete ban on those sorts of weapons was the answer, I wouldn't take too kindly to it).  Knee-jerk reactions from either side of the issue aren't going to get us anywhere.  I mean, I suppose it depends on whether people just want to get up on their respective soap-boxes and yell, and if that's the case, have at it.  We aren't going to solve the problems of the world, or even this country, on this site.  If we want to work together to try and bring the disparate sides toward some kind of solution (which, for it to be viable, successful, and lasting would involve compromises from both sides) the soap-boxes have to be kicked to the side.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline BC

• Reds #1 Fan
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • I hate life bottom line
« Reply #151156 on: Today at 03:18:50 PM »
The kids effected by the shooting are doing a pretty good job and it makes me proud.

They aren't going to let the BS be forgotten or swept under the rug this time. 

Online Cali Cat

• Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151157 on: Today at 03:43:20 PM »
Yep, I'm impressed as hell by them.
They are turning their grief into action and standing up.

As I'm guessing you know, BC, I tend to fall much more on your side of the issue.
My approach, however, is different.
I do not believe an all out ban on that category of weapons would ever fly, nor do I believe in just doing nothing.
Thus, some kind of middle has to be found.
Finding that middle means both sides have to listen to each other and work together.
For me, at least, I find it easier to listen if I first try to understand the other's side.
I may not agree with it, or maybe I'll with agree some parts of it and not others, but I don't think agreeing is what's ultimately important.
What's ultimately important is change, and the only way anything is going to change is if both sides are willing to listen to each other and work together for a compromise.  Compromise means neither side is going to get everything they want, but, hell, if the overall issue is important enough, who cares if both sides don't get everything they want? 

That's just me, though.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline BC

• Reds #1 Fan
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • I hate life bottom line
« Reply #151158 on: Today at 03:53:24 PM »
Yep, I'm impressed as hell by them.
They are turning their grief into action and standing up.

As I'm guessing you know, BC, I tend to fall much more on your side of the issue.
My approach, however, is different.
I do not believe an all out ban on that category of weapons would ever fly, nor do I believe in just doing nothing.
Thus, some kind of middle has to be found.
Finding that middle means both sides have to listen to each other and work together.
For me, at least, I find it easier to listen if I first try to understand the other's side.
I may not agree with it, or maybe I'll with agree some parts of it and not others, but I don't think agreeing is what's ultimately important.
What's ultimately important is change, and the only way anything is going to change is if both sides are willing to listen to each other and work together for a compromise.  Compromise means neither side is going to get everything they want, but, hell, if the overall issue is important enough, who cares if both sides don't get everything they want? 

That's just me, though.

With the amount of money and control the NRA has over politicians it's an unfair battle and the NRA supporters are not willing to take a look at the real issues involved. 

The thing that is most sick is sellers of guns and ammunition profit significantly over mass shooting such as the most recent.  The gun lovers are made to believe the likelihood of bans means they should go out and buy more.  And they do lmao!  Their fears are stoked by the people who make money off these things. 

Online Cali Cat

• Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151159 on: Today at 04:05:04 PM »
With the amount of money and control the NRA has over politicians it's an unfair battle and the NRA supporters are not willing to take a look at the real issues involved. 

The thing that is most sick is sellers of guns and ammunition profit significantly over mass shooting such as the most recent.  The gun lovers are made to believe the likelihood of bans means they should go out and buy more.  And they do lmao!  Their fears are stoked by the people who make money off these things. 

I agree with most of that.

However, imo, painting all NRA supporters in the same light isn't going to get anyone anywhere, just as NRA supporters painting those who are not NRA supporters in the same light isn't going to, either.  All that leads to is both sides thumping their chests and it ending in a stalemate, which means nothing has been accomplished except for some bruised chests.

It's tough when one is emotional (and I'm in the camp it's really, really hard not to get emotional about this) to take a step back.  Fishy and I have been having some very interesting conversations about this.  I could be wrong, but I think some of that is both of us putting aside our instinct to go what1 over one statement or another, and focus on the common ground. 

I don't think there's one answer that's just going to solve it, and no solution is going to be 100% effective.
So, we do the best we can, which, imo, could be a multi-pronged approach.

Right now my thinking is something along the lines of making the weapons more difficult to get, but without preventing those who do things the right way from getting them.
Yes, I know some would insist it's not enough, while others would insist they shouldn't have to go through more than they already do.   

memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online Fish-on087

• Star
« Reply #151160 on: Today at 04:24:57 PM »

** unable to find the bread crumbs to get back **    SMMFH

Online Cali Cat

• Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151161 on: Today at 05:34:48 PM »
Cutest fish gif I've ever seen!

memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online Fish-on087

• Star
« Reply #151162 on: Today at 05:45:52 PM »
Cutest fish gif I've ever seen!

She didn't know that touching this fish will give her an incurable flesh eating disease and that her blood cells will start dying off causing excrutiating pains. Yep dead in week from a cute fish