Author Topic: Memphis, Kentucky, and Tennessee Fans LXV  (Read 683816 times)

Offline BC

• Reds #1 Fan
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Buttcrack is the Best
Re: Memphis, Kentucky, and Tennessee Fans...A New Incarnation...
« Reply #109475 on: May 27, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
Well, I agree with all that but say the name of the genre so I can make sure we are not going overboard.

De' crap genre.

Online tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #109476 on: May 27, 2014, 05:57:51 PM »
don't know a good guitar riff when he hears it

Don't make me slap you old man.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Nature Boy....Woooooooooooooooooo
« Reply #109477 on: May 27, 2014, 05:57:53 PM »
Y'all should'a been able to guess my favorite Metallica song...

"Devil's Dance"
duke1 memphis1  wsh1  wsh2  bal3

Online tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #109478 on: May 27, 2014, 05:58:26 PM »
Not THAT kind of love.

Don't fight the feeling.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Coach
« Reply #109479 on: May 27, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »
Just kidding.
Fade to black can't be topped.
If ya haven't seen or heard this clip, it's worth your time...

Online Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #109480 on: May 27, 2014, 06:01:36 PM »
My buddy thought GD shows was more like a family, while Phish has a family like atmosphere but not the same. A lot of Phish fans are there for the drugs.

The interesting thing is a lot of the familial-type atmosphere you find at Phish shows was initially established by the dead heads directly connected to the band...
Lots of the folks who are close with the band or work with them in some capacity all knew each other (were Dead family) from the days back on GD tour.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline I'm A Pussy

• Star
« Reply #109481 on: May 27, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »
Orion rocks too.

I know a chit ton of Metallica on bass and quitar(very limited lead). Orion is one. Was playing it the other night., My wife was whistling the cool slow part and I'm like I know how to play that. It took me a minute but within like ten minutes, I was rolling right along.

A better way to do the Metallica thing may be pre Black album, post Black album.  I must admit that I don't think I can recite from memory every song on Load and am positive I can't list out Reload or St. Anger in full. Might get four songs on each. maybe. Other than those I know every song title listed in order from each album off the top of my head.
Look, I am an idiot, but I am still smarter than __________.
                                                                (your name here)

Online tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #109482 on: May 27, 2014, 06:07:48 PM »
The interesting thing is a lot of the familial-type atmosphere you find at Phish shows was initially established by the dead heads directly connected to the band...
Lots of the folks who are close with the band or work with them in some capacity all knew each other (were Dead family) from the days back on GD tour.

I figured some of that, but interesting.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Online tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #109483 on: May 27, 2014, 06:09:36 PM »
I know a chit ton of Metallica on bass and quitar(very limited lead). Orion is one. Was playing it the other night., My wife was whistling the cool slow part and I'm like I know how to play that. It took me a minute but within like ten minutes, I was rolling right along.

A better way to do the Metallica thing may be pre Black album, post Black album.  I must admit that I don't think I can recite from memory every song on Load and am positive I can't list out Reload or St. Anger in full. Might get four songs on each. maybe. Other than those I know every song title listed in order from each album off the top of my head.

It might be my favorite instrumental of all time.

I do the pre and post black album. They lost me with a couple of those albums after Black.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline I'm A Pussy

• Star
« Reply #109484 on: May 27, 2014, 06:10:59 PM »
Just kidding.
Fade to black can't be topped.
If ya haven't seen or heard this clip, it's worth your time...

Beautiful song. My best friend woke everyday to this song on his alarm. One day instead of picking me up for school, he shot himself in the mouth and blew his brains all over his bathroom. Was the first day back to school since his birthday weekend that just happened to snow it's ass off. We bowled on Friday night, went skating on saturday night. It snowed. We walked around Dburg Sunday and Monday doing snow stuff and I think Tuesday or Wednesday we were to return to school. I guess Rob didn't want to go. I caught a ride from somebody at the last minute. During second period, which Rob and I had together(he wasn't there), I noticed it starting to snow again and got this strange feeling. Started catching people whispering and then looking at me. Finally in  third or fourth class, someone told me and it had become general knowledge. I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. Stopped going to school. Fell out of the top 10 gpa because I missed so much school and classwork, I was #3. I can play that song all the way through and sing every word. I just never want to.
                                                                (your name here)

Offline I'm A Pussy

• Star
« Reply #109485 on: May 27, 2014, 06:13:53 PM »
It might be my favorite instrumental of all time.

I do the pre and post black album. They lost me with a couple of those albums after Black.

Death Magnetic was a lil better and they have a new album due out soon. I hope vulturous has been completed and shows up on the recording.

(your name here)

Online blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Prayers for Ryan Shazier
« Reply #109486 on: May 27, 2014, 06:15:01 PM »
Damn.  That's real Jams..sorry to hear that.
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Coach
« Reply #109487 on: May 27, 2014, 06:20:14 PM »
Beautiful song. My best friend woke everyday to this song on his alarm. One day instead of picking me up for school, he shot himself in the mouth and blew his brains all over his bathroom. Was the first day back to school since his birthday weekend that just happened to snow it's ass off. We bowled on Friday night, went skating on saturday night. It snowed. We walked around Dburg Sunday and Monday doing snow stuff and I think Tuesday or Wednesday we were to return to school. I guess Rob didn't want to go. I caught a ride from somebody at the last minute. During second period, which Rob and I had together(he wasn't there), I noticed it starting to snow again and got this strange feeling. Started catching people whispering and then looking at me. Finally in  third or fourth class, someone told me and it had become general knowledge. I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. Stopped going to school. Fell out of the top 10 gpa because I missed so much school and classwork, I was #3. I can play that song all the way through and sing every word. I just never want to.

Damn! Sorry to hear that Bro. And, can't say I blame you.
I'll never play it here again.

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Coach
« Reply #109488 on: May 27, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »

Online tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #109489 on: May 27, 2014, 06:46:07 PM »

Word
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Online tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #109490 on: May 27, 2014, 06:46:33 PM »
Death Magnetic got me back on the train.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Online tnzazz

• Icon
« Reply #109491 on: May 27, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »
Creeping Death is another favorite. I had a buddy that would start sing that or Sanitarium (Welcome Home) out of nowhere all the time. Funny chit.
memphis1 ten1 nsh2 mem4

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Coach
« Reply #109492 on: May 27, 2014, 06:52:01 PM »
Creeping Death is another favorite. I had a buddy that would start sing that or Sanitarium (Welcome Home) out of nowhere all the time. Funny chit.

Yeah, I know that dude too...lol.

That is in my top 5 Metallica songs of all time.

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Coach
« Reply #109493 on: May 27, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »
WooHoo!!!

Almost time for some Bait!

Offline I'm A Pussy

• Star
« Reply #109494 on: May 27, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »
Damn.  That's real Jams..sorry to hear that.

Never understood it.  I mean, it was crushing back then and I have been over it forever but I just don't get it. He was popular, smart, athletic, one of the cool kids, all the girls liked him. makes no sense.
                                                                (your name here)

Offline I'm A Pussy

• Star
« Reply #109495 on: May 27, 2014, 08:09:53 PM »
Damn! Sorry to hear that Bro. And, can't say I blame you.
I'll never play it here again.

It's cool coach. It's a great song and I will listen to it but I can't play and sing it without crying even to this day. Tried a few minutes ago.
                                                                (your name here)

Offline I'm A Pussy

• Star
« Reply #109496 on: May 27, 2014, 08:10:24 PM »
I can get to "Life just seems to " and I have to stop.
                                                                (your name here)

Offline I'm A Pussy

• Star
« Reply #109497 on: May 27, 2014, 08:10:59 PM »
De' crap genre.

Just making sure you weren't likening that stuff to grunge.
                                                                (your name here)

Offline tg

• World Famous Local Legend
  • Coach
  • Smile. It's easy.
« Reply #109498 on: May 27, 2014, 08:13:12 PM »
Never understood it.  I mean, it was crushing back then and I have been over it forever but I just don't get it. He was popular, smart, athletic, one of the cool kids, all the girls liked him. makes no sense.

Metal is some depressing chit.  Why I won't listen to it.
memphis1 mem4 stl3

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #109499 on: May 27, 2014, 08:14:59 PM »
Understand, Brother.  Some music heals and some opens wounds.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."