Author Topic: Memphis, Kentucky, and Tennessee Fans LXV  (Read 618335 times)

Offline BC

• Reds #1 Fan
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • I hate life bottom line
Re: Memphis, Kentucky, and Tennessee Fans LXV
« Reply #151200 on: Yesterday at 10:01:50 PM »
Omg too funny

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151201 on: Yesterday at 10:03:55 PM »
Hey, Bobbie - If you have the time and willingness to go back and read through my conversation with fishy, and my responses to BC, and you're in the mood to be "articulate, thoughtful Bob,"  I'd love to hear what you think.

In essence, I was reading a conservative writer, one who loves guns, has several, and regularly goes to the range, and they suggested maybe special training and a special training/licensing for those sorts of weapons.  They also said something along the lines of how much they hate seeing something they love perverted by some lunatic.

Anyway, to me, at least, that seems like a reasonable place from which to start a negotiation.  The idea is not to address all gun violence, but specifically to lower the probability of mass shootings.  It wouldn't be a matter of, "these are now prohibited," it would be a matter of, "you can have them, but you're going to have to put in extra."  I think there needs to be some kind of mental health element, too ... although I haven't formed any specific ideas on that, I just think it should be part of it.  Mind you, I realize this would not prevent all instances of mass-shootings, I'm just looking at finding realistic steps toward reducing the probability.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Fish-on087

• Star
  • MKTF H.O.F inductees TG and Eliot R.I.P.
« Reply #151202 on: Yesterday at 10:06:01 PM »
Never will fly. They will have to prove they are citizens before they can vote, and we all know their backs are wet as hell.
This touches on a very interesting topic I mean to ask CALI. California is proposing a new drivers license. I want to know how it's transpiring.
Concrete shoes have no laces

Offline Big Tiger Fan

• Contributing Member
  • Icon
  • Scammed like a mutha fugga!And Obama Sux!
« Reply #151203 on: Yesterday at 10:14:19 PM »
The statistics disprove the point you are trying to make.
Want top talk statistics? Show me one instance where a mass shooting occurred and they found a concealed handgun on a victim. Maybe with the exception of the Las Vegas shooter, who was a sniper, one armed citizen would possibly have prevented the mass killings.
stl3 mem4 memphis1 mia1

Offline Cali Cat

• Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151204 on: Yesterday at 10:16:57 PM »
This touches on a very interesting topic I mean to ask CALI. California is proposing a new drivers license. I want to know how it's transpiring.

You mean the "real id?"  I think that's what it's called.
I haven't heard any big deal about it.
It's gonna start being offered as an option, or I think, actually, it just started being offered.
Anyway, one can choose regular DL, or a Read ID DL.
It's to comply with Federal Law.
Beginning in either 2020 or 2022, maybe, somewhere around there, everyone in the country will need a Real ID if they want to fly or go onto a military base.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Big Tiger Fan

• Contributing Member
  • Icon
« Reply #151205 on: Yesterday at 10:18:11 PM »
BOB, I know exactly what you're saying. I've had a lengthy discussion with CALI on this subject, There may be some common ground we touched on  but it takes a willingness to trade opinions, BC won't, he's stuck, and he will call you indoctrinated, funny hunh. Look, I can have a conversation on the issue with ya but he can't , sorry.

Hell BCincy cant have a rational discussion about anything relevant. He is still talking about the Dreds winning a World Series and the Bungles in the Super Bowl.
stl3 mem4 memphis1 mia1

Offline Big Tiger Fan

• Contributing Member
  • Icon
« Reply #151206 on: Yesterday at 10:36:58 PM »
Hey, Bobbie - If you have the time and willingness to go back and read through my conversation with fishy, and my responses to BC, and you're in the mood to be "articulate, thoughtful Bob,"  I'd love to hear what you think.

In essence, I was reading a conservative writer, one who loves guns, has several, and regularly goes to the range, and they suggested maybe special training and a special training/licensing for those sorts of weapons.  They also said something along the lines of how much they hate seeing something they love perverted by some lunatic.

Anyway, to me, at least, that seems like a reasonable place from which to start a negotiation.  The idea is not to address all gun violence, but specifically to lower the probability of mass shootings.  It wouldn't be a matter of, "these are now prohibited," it would be a matter of, "you can have them, but you're going to have to put in extra."  I think there needs to be some kind of mental health element, too ... although I haven't formed any specific ideas on that, I just think it should be part of it.  Mind you, I realize this would not prevent all instances of mass-shootings, I'm just looking at finding realistic steps toward reducing the probability.
Its very simple. I still have my FFL (Federal Firearms License) from back when I owned my gunshop many years ago. The AR-15 is a semiautomatic weapon and fires on shot everytime the trigger is pulled. The caliber is not that large. A deer rifle carries five times the power but you dont hear of anyone protesting .308 Remington which American Special Operations use as a sniper rifle. I can buy one online as we speak for $1100. If the weapon of choice for mass shooters were a Remington shotgun, I wonder if the anti gun group would be as passionate. Like I said before, you can legislate all the gun control laws you want, but they wont stop anyone from getting a gun on the street if you want one. Gun control is not the answer. Security is the answer. If you secure the schools and select a few willing educators to carry a concealed weapon, then the problem is on the way to being solved. Lock the F***ing doors from inside, require visitors to be buzzed into the school by security staff and put metal detectors throughout the school. Then armed several teachers and educators and staff and train them to handle an active shooter incident. Keep the identity of the armed staff private so no one will know who is armed and who isnt. This is the way Israel keeps shooters and terrorists out of their schools.
stl3 mem4 memphis1 mia1

Offline Big Tiger Fan

• Contributing Member
  • Icon
« Reply #151207 on: Yesterday at 10:43:02 PM »
I have a simple question and please feel free to express you feelings and opinions. In the theater mass shooting a few years back, Do you think if one patron in the theater that night had been legally carrying a concealed weapon, that many lives would have been saved? How about Columbine high school in Colorado. Do you think if one or more teachers and staff had been armed that those two morons would have walked throughout that cafeteria and classrooms and discriminatly killed those students and teachers. No, if one person had returned fire on any of these shooters, these cowards would have run like the F***ing cowards they are.
stl3 mem4 memphis1 mia1

Offline Big Tiger Fan

• Contributing Member
  • Icon
« Reply #151208 on: Yesterday at 10:47:11 PM »
Anyway if a lunatic wants to commit mass killings, they dont have to use firearms. Remember the Boston Marathon? Didnt see BCincy or any of yall 2nd amendment critics protesting bomb material, Or how about McVay and the Oklahoma City bombing. Any one demand Fertilizer control?
stl3 mem4 memphis1 mia1

Offline Cali Cat

• Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151209 on: Yesterday at 10:48:55 PM »
Its very simple. I still have my FFL (Federal Firearms License) from back when I owned my gunshop many years ago. The AR-15 is a semiautomatic weapon and fires on shot everytime the trigger is pulled. The caliber is not that large. A deer rifle carries five times the power but you dont hear of anyone protesting .308 Remington which American Special Operations use as a sniper rifle. I can buy one online as we speak for $1100. If the weapon of choice for mass shooters were a Remington shotgun, I wonder if the anti gun group would be as passionate. Like I said before, you can legislate all the gun control laws you want, but they wont stop anyone from getting a gun on the street if you want one. Gun control is not the answer. Security is the answer. If you secure the schools and select a few willing educators to carry a concealed weapon, then the problem is on the way to being solved. Lock the F***ing doors from inside, require visitors to be buzzed into the school by security staff and put metal detectors throughout the school. Then armed several teachers and educators and staff and train them to handle an active shooter incident. Keep the identity of the armed staff private so no one will know who is armed and who isnt. This is the way Israel keeps shooters and terrorists out of their schools.

Is it realistic to think, though, that can be done at every school?  What about other places mass shootings have taken place.  If you're just focusing on schools, I can see how that could be implemented in a country the size of Israel.  I can also see how it would be effective.  I don't think that's realistic in a country this size.
I do hear you when you say if someone really wants a gun, they can get one on the street.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Big Tiger Fan

• Contributing Member
  • Icon
« Reply #151210 on: Yesterday at 10:52:03 PM »
My gun collection is extensive and I have modified a few weapons like the AK47 I took off a gook I killed back in 1968 in Hue City. Cant speak on that because automatic weapons are illegal unless you possess a license to own one. Lets just say I have more firepower than any of the mass shooters and if I am in a place where a mass shooter decides to open fire, then God help his ass because I will empty a clip in his ass before he can reload.
stl3 mem4 memphis1 mia1

Offline Big Tiger Fan

• Contributing Member
  • Icon
« Reply #151211 on: Yesterday at 10:55:41 PM »
Is it realistic to think, though, that can be done at every school?  What about other places mass shootings have taken place.  If you're just focusing on schools, I can see how that could be implemented in a country the size of Israel.  I can also see how it would be effective.  I don't think that's realistic in a country this size.
I do hear you when you say if someone really wants a gun, they can get one on the street.
Yes you can implement that program in every school in America. Not hard to install a security system that locks the doors and not hard to train educators and staff in the tactical use of firearms. Would yall feel safer if you knew staff at your childs school were armed and trained to protect them? In other venues, it would be harder. Only answer there is metal detectors at every entrance.
stl3 mem4 memphis1 mia1

Offline Cali Cat

• Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151212 on: Yesterday at 10:56:15 PM »
I have a simple question and please feel free to express you feelings and opinions. In the theater mass shooting a few years back, Do you think if one patron in the theater that night had been legally carrying a concealed weapon, that many lives would have been saved? How about Columbine high school in Colorado. Do you think if one or more teachers and staff had been armed that those two morons would have walked throughout that cafeteria and classrooms and discriminatly killed those students and teachers. No, if one person had returned fire on any of these shooters, these cowards would have run like the F***ing cowards they are.

I think the flaw in that logic, Bob, is you're speaking as someone who has more knowledge of and experience with guns when under fire than all but a small number of people in this country.  If the people in the movie theater and at Columbine were like you, it would be one helluva point, but the likelihood they are is very, very small.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Big Tiger Fan

• Contributing Member
  • Icon
« Reply #151213 on: Yesterday at 11:02:14 PM »
Most of these mass shootings have occurred in schools. Except for that bar in Orlando and Fort Hood. Ft. Hood was an exception. Guy was a military officer. A mass shooter might rethink the option of a mall or shopping center where they were more likely to run into a citizen carrying a weapon legally. to make my point, I just watched a video of a convenience store where four guys were drinking coffee and waiting to checkout when a lone robber came in and pulled a gun and tried to rob the place. Those four guys opened fire on the robber. They were all off duty police officers. Mass shooters are cowards. They are not going to pick a place where some citizen might blow their ass away. Thats why they pick places like schools.
stl3 mem4 memphis1 mia1

Offline Cali Cat

• Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151214 on: Yesterday at 11:03:29 PM »
Yes you can implement that program in every school in America. Not hard to install a security system that locks the doors and not hard to train educators and staff in the tactical use of firearms. Would yall feel safer if you knew staff at your childs school were armed and trained to protect them? In other venues, it would be harder. Only answer there is metal detectors at every entrance.

You've definitely given me something to think about.  I don't think it's realisitic that could be done in every school in America, and I also don't like the idea ... among other reasons, the presence of mind under fire thing, but also the worry they'd hit a kid, and not the shooter, but you're definitely making me think.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Cali Cat

• Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #151215 on: Yesterday at 11:07:47 PM »
Well, Bobbie, I have to get off this damn computer, although I kinda hate to right in the middle of a good discussion.

Articulate Bob isn't as much fun as regular, farty Bob, but I do learn, so thanks.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Fish-on087

• Star
  • MKTF H.O.F inductees TG and Eliot R.I.P.
« Reply #151216 on: Yesterday at 11:08:06 PM »
I'm curious what this kid, that's still alive and coherent, has to say. I can't wait for his trial to begin. Everyone must realize it is rare to have a surviving mass shooter, let's get some answers from him so maybe we can learn something , maybe a better trick, maybe a path to real security.
Concrete shoes have no laces