Author Topic: The Viking Lounge  (Read 71619 times)

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
Re: The Viking Lounge
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »
The one thing is that the secondaries of these teams have to play well week in and week out.  Detroit and GB will be throwing the ball a lot, and the Bares do get Cutler the best receiver he has had since Marshall was in Denver.
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 08:13:54 PM »
Guys if Broyles pans out can you imagine? Megatron on one side Broyles on the other, heck at 48 I'll run the ball......for 20 million
nebraska1 det1 det2 det3 nebraska1

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »
Guys if Broyles pans out can you imagine? Megatron on one side Broyles on the other, heck at 48 I'll run the ball......for 20 million
haha1
wsh1  pit2  wsh1  atl3  wsh1

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 08:15:31 PM »
DeeHawk, I do think the season will be much easier to take now, thanks for the site.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline Sportfan01

• Site Moderator
  • Coach
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »
Hey 44, there's room for Skins fans, but please lord...no Cowboys. barf

lol

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
We are so close to real CFB and NFL I can taste it. I was driving Friday windows open and I heard a HS band practicing. Its the most awesome time of the year.......sorry kids at least I didn't use the word wonderful  grin1

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 08:25:24 PM »
We are so close to real CFB and NFL I can taste it. I was driving Friday windows open and I heard a HS band practicing. Its the most awesome time of the year.......sorry kids at least I didn't use the word wonderful  grin1
I can smell the grass...the leather in the helmet , the adrenaline !

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »
In 2 weeks 5 days CFB begins, not exactly sure about my Lions.....yet

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »
ROCK AND ROLL !!!!!!!!!

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 08:31:41 PM »
1hotchev...You can call me Dee.  Cool man, glad I could help.  We talk smack as much as anyone else, but keep it above the belt, and just enjoy talking football.  You couldn't go on any C-BS site without a bunch of dudes arguing over the same ole stuff day after day....that's not how we do things, right ThreadHeads!! blitz1

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 08:32:31 PM »

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »
And hey there Sportfan, your team has had an interesting off season, drop by anytime, we won't tease you too much. thumb1

Offline Sportfan01

• Site Moderator
  • Coach
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
And hey there Sportfan, your team has had an interesting off season, drop by anytime, we won't tease you too much. thumb1

As long as you don't call me a Cowboys fan.  haha1

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2012, 08:34:41 PM »
I use Rock on personally  rockin1  I work early and must bid you all adiue  gnite

Used my plan to set up a site to snare the goodins from C-BS

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
As long as you don't call me a Cowboys fan

You won't have to worry about that..Cowgirlz are not welcome...they are "America's Team"...I am sure they can find a barn somewhere to chat. LMAOA

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »
Happy Trails, Wmich..sure I will see you around tomorrow. gnite

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
   Alright you tools, I don't see the Vikings losing a game the rest of the season...Now that my homerism is all out of the way, here's how I see it. After week 1 of the preseason it looks like the Vikings talent level is ALOT worse than I thought. After the 1st string the drop off is abrupt. Ponder isn't nearly as accurate as I had hoped. Tebow would have hit that wide open Burton for a score for christs sake! I'll give him a bit of a pass though. The O-line is horrible after the starters. any depth is taken away through injury, so we'll see when they get back. AP is back this week, "so at least we got that going for us, which is nice!" (Bill Murray) The WRs look like they are weak. Simpson drops perfect throw. Jenkins drops 2 more. Burton appears to be ready to steo up? TEs, well I wasn't on board with the signing of Carlson. Rudolph is supposed to be health from a Hammy from last year? He made a couple catches, we'll see? The defense, especially vs. the run looked like swiss cheese friday night. No depth or real starter at nose is gonna be a glaring weakness I fear all year. I wonder about the direction this team is in under Spielman? Why is Everson Griffen still on this team. If he's that big a talent why haven't they found a spot or shipped him for a starting player or draft picks? Seems like an awful price to pay for a full time special teamer...The LBs are bad. Greenway is overrated IMO. Jasper Brinkley? I wouldn't be shocked if the Vikings bring in a cap casualty from somewhere else. Erin Henderson played better than I had anticipated last season. Evidently the rest of the league didn't see it that way. He accepted the Vikings offer after no others came in. Now we come to the absolute worst secondary I have EVER seen the Vikings field. Last years version was down right pathetic! 8 INTs all last seaon. Individuals had almost as many. This year they bring in one year wonders and a hodgepodge of rookies. Harrison Smith looks like the real deal? Winfield is OLD. Cook is a douche. Cook's in his 3rd season and has missed far more games than he's played in. Sure he's flashed talent. Then again he's flashed complete douchebaggery, too! I still see these players trying not get burned as to making a play on the ball. How many times must I watch a pass whistle past an earhole on the way to the opponents waiting hands? It's like the Vikings DBs heads do not turn or swivel. This game is about making plays and until these guys start playing instead of being so intent on not getting beat they will continue to struggle. I hope it's better than last season,but I ain't sold yet? Special team look solid this year. If the Vikings win a few more games than I anticipate they will result directly from this area. The Vikings thought so much of the personel that these guys don't have any competition this training camp. Blair Walsh has a booming leg and this bodes well for a bunch of touchbacks and long fields for the opposition. Kluwe is probowl calibre so maybe field position can determine some close games?
   Now I come to our Divisonal competition. I feel this depends on how well the Bears defense holds up. They are aging and soon I see a total rebuild coming for them in that area. Their offense looks loaded this year. Martz is gone and that will only help Cutler stay upright. Forte is healthy and paid. Marshall come in to give them the deep threat. I see great things in Chicagos' future. Again it all comes down to how healthy the OLD defense stays.
   The Packers are loaded on offense again and are the main threat to the Bears. I can hear the Packer fans now poo pooing the way I see it. Look you guys were 15-1 and don't get out of the 1st round last year in the playoffs. Your defense is a liability and MUST play better. Moving Mathews back may get some results, but Woodson at safety will get him INTs, but the replacement will be a drop off. I see it close between the Packers and Bears, but the Bears get my nod.
   Now the Lions. No doubt they have some great pieces. The defense has more bark than bite, and until they get a consistant running game they are destined to be 3rd in this division. This team needs more discipline, too! They way teams moved the ball on the Lions last year has to be dealt with. Suh and Avril are quality, but Fairley is already looking like a bust and Vanden Bosch is getting old. The LBs played better last year, but the secondary is a liability. The running game is where this team falter against the 2 better squads in the North. Maybe Leshoure gives them a hope here. Their leading runner Javid Best has concussion issues and only had 390 yards last season. He's simply not big enough to run between the tackles and not strong enough to play a whole season vs. the big boys. Kevin Smith came in and played well, but his health issues are well documented. Could the Lions get the 3rd wildcard? Possibly, if they get better defense and some good yards from Leshoure. They could challenge for the division. I guess you'd have to say I'm from Missouri on this one. SHOW ME!

1) Bears 12-4
2) Packers 11-5
3) Lions 10-6
4) Vikings 4-12. The end of Leslie Fraizers coaching career in Minnesota seems to be already in the stars. I'm not sold on Spielman either...Hey Zygi, I'm available when the time comes! Call me, you have my number!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »
Koko ! That don't sound very promising !!!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
Koko ! That don't sound very promising !!!
No, it's not promising for the Vikings this year. I've tried looking through rose colored glasses, but the lenses have to be too thick to even see for the Vikings to have any hope. Looks like a 3rd year of wasted money on the NFL ticket for me and my Vikings. Last year I thought I got a bargain. Direct TV gave me the Sunday Ticket for free. As it turned out, they should have had to pay me to watch that chit! Here we go again...
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
koko, great breakdown of the Vikes. I agree with pretty much everything u said. if any of the other fans want to breakdown their teams go right ahead.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »
I went to the first game, pretty sad, if we could play Buffalo every week we might be OK, I think the offence might not be that bad if all key starters stay healthy and Gerhart steps up, the defence on the other hand should have me putting my foot through the TV very early in the season, problem is I'm on the west coast 10:00 kickoff, to early for beer, something to numb all those 8 yard runs on 1st down, and take the edge off of the signature move of giving up 15 on every 3rd and 14.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012, 11:38:02 PM »
I thought Harvin looked pretty good...Simpson has shown he can make the flashy play, but will he mske the tough catches?  Pleasantly surprised by Ponder...he will need his mobility with a shaky line.  On d, Audie Cole played his way to a roster spot...after Greenway, LB is pretty weak.  Next preseason game should be a good test of where the Vikes are at the moment.

The division has looked good so far.  Pack, Bears, and Lions are going to put up a ton of points this year.

Offline keithrubel1977

• NGS's Resident Redneck
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2012, 11:42:04 PM »
hey guys
Ski-U-Mah

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2012, 11:46:12 PM »
Hey there Keith..love the avi.

Offline keithrubel1977

• NGS's Resident Redneck
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2012, 11:48:08 PM »
Hey there Keith..love the avi.

me tooo bleed purple and gold here
Ski-U-Mah

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.