Author Topic: The Viking Lounge  (Read 75633 times)

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
Re: The Viking Lounge
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2012, 11:55:58 PM »
Cool...we might be doing alot of bleeding this fall...division play will be a nightmare.
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline keithrubel1977

• NGS's Resident Redneck
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »
Cool...we might be doing alot of bleeding this fall...division play will be a nightmare.

yeah no kiddin
Ski-U-Mah

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2012, 01:18:29 AM »
there will be pain.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline Peter Gozintite

• Try to make me care less.
  • Coach
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2012, 01:05:13 AM »
This place smells like itchy feet,,,and the basement of the division.

Sorry guys, had to...
What'd I miss?
In three words or less.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2012, 05:48:21 PM »
Hey Pete.  It makes me feel better that we arent THE worst team in the NFL....that would be the Jets

Offline Peter Gozintite

• Coach
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »
Hey Pete.  It makes me feel better that we arent THE worst team in the NFL....that would be the Jets
Oh theres a bunch of teams worse than the vikes. Cardinals, chiefs, browns, seahawks, bucs, jags probably a couple more too. We are just in the toughest division right now.
What'd I miss?
In three words or less.

Offline Sportfan01

• Coach
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2012, 06:34:31 PM »
Oh theres a bunch of teams worse than the vikes. Cardinals, chiefs, browns, seahawks, bucs, jags probably a couple more too. We are just in the toughest division right now.
In a tough division that's for sure. I checked our schedule and noticed that the Vikings and Saints don't meet this season...... unless we meet in the divisional playoffs.

Offline Peter Gozintite

• Coach
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
In a tough division that's for sure. I checked our schedule and noticed that the Vikings and Saints don't meet this season...... unless we meet in the divisional playoffs.
so you guys arent playing this season then?
What'd I miss?
In three words or less.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »
Honesty if the Vikes are even close to a playoff berth, I will be excited.  Bears and Packers should be postseaon teams, Lions are on the rise.  Bears are probably in the best spot of any of the teams if there is an injury at Qb.

Offline keithrubel1977

• NGS's Resident Redneck
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »
hey dee
Ski-U-Mah

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »
with our defence the packers twice will be bad enough, don't really want to play the saints this year anyway
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »
That could be ugly,1HC....Bears offense should be good..Alshon Jeffery could be a steal..oh and then the Lions...who just so happen to have an unguardable WR, talented Qb, and improving D.  That Viking fans, is what impending doom looks like...see ya in 2013...  cheers

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2012, 07:26:04 PM »
Dee, at least I already know the light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming our way,I try not to bet Vikes, can't think right. kind of like a teaser in Vegas, I'll give you an extra 4 points if you bet against the vikes, but the line of 6 wins this year makes me think I would bet big, under 6 if I had any brains.  hope I'm wrong

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2012, 11:36:47 PM »
Russell Wilson gets the Seahawks job...Matt Flynn. ..ultimate system  QB?   I don't know about you,  but I would have rather been a backup to an MVP, than a 3rd round rookie...Seattle strikes out in FA...again

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2012, 01:27:39 PM »
The alarming trends I see in Minnesota are these.
1) Ponder has got to be more consistent. He has acknowledged that he has been not stepping up in the pocket. When he does slide up he pulls it down and runs anyway. This and rolling out of the pocket will lead to injury. Let's face it he's not the athlete Joe Webb is. Those flat passes have to get there with more urgency. That's an INT waiting to happen and out there those are pick 6s...
2)  Put the god damned football in the endzone! Yeah, it's nice to see the rookie kicker getting some experience, but he can get that on the extra point can't he? For Christ's sake Audie Cole has as many TDs as the whole Viking offense! That mean the 3rd string QB and the 3rd string MLB have outscored our starting QB 3 to 1. Need I say more?
3) The LB position? Who will be the starter at MLB? I feel that the Vikings really don't have the guy that will play for them there as starter right now on the roster? The lack of quality depth is worrisome too...
4) Will the Vikings win a division game this year? The smart money says not no, but HELL NO! Even if Ponder improves greatly the Vikings are way behind the 3 teams in front if them. Don't shoot the messenger...
5) Who will the Vikings bring in to coach after this what promises to be a dismal season? Zygi has already mentioned Parcells. That guy is like 102 isn't he? I hate the outlook for our squad guys. I'm usually really positive about the Vikings, This year I'm positive too. I'm positive they are gonna suck!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:29:14 PM by kokomodan »
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 01:00:20 AM »
you have made me sad, I suppose it's #4 winning a division game, to close to home, black and blue division, it wasn't long ago you tried to bring those poor fools up a notch or 2 in your head to justify the great black and blue division. it was us and no one. they all sucked or had 2-3 fair years.  Oh my, I looked in the mirror and realised we have become the Detroit lions.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2012, 02:26:41 AM »
I can go back to the defence line going to the probowl, yes folks our defence was as good as the 85 bears, for sure, our QB Fran the scram, theirs the brittle bear McMahon help me Ronda but didn't the  Vikes have 3 qbs, two minute Tommy, Gannon the cannon and wade Wilson on the same team, all were better then the brittle bear, we were the pride of the north.

Offline DLPackers

• 2011 NFL Champs - Packers!!!
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2012, 10:52:56 PM »
So this is where all the losers are hiding out...
So I am a Packers fan in North Carolina, that just means I'm smarter than the rest of 'em!!!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2012, 07:12:37 AM »
So this is where all the losers are hiding out...

Our Superbowl is week 17 when the Vikings knock the Packers out of the playoffs!

Offline DLPackers

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2012, 08:43:07 AM »
Well, we should have the playoffs all wrapped up by then...

I was reading your post above. I thought it was pretty accurate. Since I live in MN, I have a lot of friends who are Vikes fans. Most of them think the same as you. There are the homers, of course saying you'll be in the playoffs. Personally I do believe a coaching change will have to happen first. I'm not sold on Ponder at all.

I don't understand the releasing of Rosenfels over Webb though...
So I am a Packers fan in North Carolina, that just means I'm smarter than the rest of 'em!!!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »
Well, we should have the playoffs all wrapped up by then...

I was reading your post above. I thought it was pretty accurate. Since I live in MN, I have a lot of friends who are Vikes fans. Most of them think the same as you. There are the homers, of course saying you'll be in the playoffs. Personally I do believe a coaching change will have to happen first. I'm not sold on Ponder at all.

I don't understand the releasing of Rosenfels over Webb though...

I do. Sage will be there later in the year if something were to happen. The fact that the Viking O-line is a work in progress makes Webb a great change of pace should Ponder fails. Joe's athletic ability is why he sparked the Vikings last year when Ponder got hurt fleeing the pocket. Webb could shake loose when Ponder could not. Bethal Thompson was a shock keeper? He's got a big time arm, but he's not accurate. Unless you work with the 1s in this league you don't get quality at the WR position. Timing is key. Consistancy is where all the Viking QBs lack. You simply have to make plays when they are there. The talent level in Minnesota still isn't there. especially at the WR outside the numbers. Ponder has every chance when AP is back and healthy. Problem is I don't know if that will be this year? For some reason Ponder loos more like Joey Harrington more than Matt Ryan...

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2012, 04:24:24 PM »
I can't see Ponder as the real deal, hopfully I'm wrong, Webb never, you can eather hit the wide open receiver or not, for Webb it's not. the offence is hoping to pound the ball, work the clock and win 17-10 every week.  problem it's not 1988 we don't have that defence any more.

Offline DLPackers

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »
Well time will tell. But I have to agree that this is a team a few years away...

Do you guys want me to move this thread into the Vikes board?

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
Go ahead DL...I didnt know where else to start it...us Vikes need a place to hang our heads..haha1

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
shouldn't ours be the flagship of NGS?

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.