Author Topic: The Viking Lounge  (Read 77643 times)

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
Re: The Viking Lounge
« Reply #2225 on: October 21, 2013, 10:44:08 PM »
What Hutch said. There are a couple college teams who would have beat the Vikes tonight...
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #2226 on: October 21, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »
What Hutch said. There are a couple college teams who would have beat the Vikes tonight...
Maybe even the Goophs. lol
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline Badd_Man1

• Badd as Badd can be
« Reply #2227 on: October 21, 2013, 11:28:05 PM »
i'm just sick & so very tired of this guy looking frustrated and confused,and he said it got to look at the tape...who's in charge here this Monday Night game against the Giants was a disaster ( they can't be this bad )     barf

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #2228 on: October 22, 2013, 02:28:30 AM »
i'm just sick & so very tired of this guy looking frustrated and confused,and he said it got to look at the tape...who's in charge here this Monday Night game against the Giants was a disaster ( they can't be this bad )     barf
this is true there is talent here, there are some very good players. I don't know if the coaching staff will make it till the end of the year, kinda hope they do. remember what happened last time, Frazier got moved up and they kept him on. I want to forget this bullshit, bring in a Gruden or Cowher.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:33:53 AM by 1hotchev »
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #2229 on: October 22, 2013, 07:06:54 AM »
How do you play a team that has been torn a new one by everyone they have played....hadn't won a game and couldn't stop anyone and we can't score a single point on offense against them.

Gruden, Billick, Chin.....anyone one that has shown they can win in this league. Then get some ex HC's for coordinators.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #2230 on: October 22, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »
Hate to say I told you, but the Vikings management have given up this year. Freeman wasn't ready, and I (we) knew it going in. I still thought he might be able to string enough together to get the win. Be honest, this game was there for the taking and it took a complete team effort to lose this game. The defense played well enough except for the 1st drive of the game. A 10 minute fiasco that ended with a FG. There was another long one at the end of the 3rd quarter. Marcus Sherels was the best and worst player for the Vikings last night. That should tell you about this team and their helter skelter, Jeckyl and Hyde performances...

Count the miscues that cost the game. Freeman's INT was as bad as many of #7s beauties. Simpson drops a perfect throw. Sherels drops a sure pick 6 then fumbles on the ensuing play. Floyd fumbles away a kick return. There were balls on the ground that defenders didn't get on, etc... The o-line was brutally horrible last night. AP couldn't get a hole. His hamstring may have been part of the reason for his limited carries? Freeman was constantly high on throws and missed badly on others. His getting sacked took the Vikings out of FG range and that's bad, but Giant D-line members were utterly untouched that play. He wasn't ready is the obvious reason. I really believed they would start him 1st time vs. the Packers?

The coaching staff is getting blasted today as well they should, but Spielman is the guy! Ricky, this is your team. You are the puppet master. It is plain as the nose on your face! You made the call on Freeman starting and dropping Cassel to the didn't dress list. Your EGO has harmed this team the most. Sure you made flamboyant moves on draft days. You looked like a genius trading back and getting Kalil. You drafted a Pro Bowl rookie kicker. You made moves to get the Vikings 3 first round picks this year. Move that on the surface appeared unbelievable for Viking fans...Let's look at the facts though. Your pick of #7 with the 12th pick overall was laughable then and now in retrospect. You played on with him last year when he played horrible. AP and Musgrave got you off the hook by getting the Vikings to the playoffs when they weren't that good. You stuck with #7 this year until it was oh so obvious that he isn't NFL caliber. You kind of get a pat on the back when you start Cassel and the Vikings get a win in London, but when Freeman is available you pull the string and usurp the coaching staffs power by making them start the guy you fell in love with. Rick Spielman you are the guy that is ultimately responsible for how this season has played out! Frazier, in my opinion, isn't what it takes to win a championship. Musgrave isn't the guy I want calling the plays. Williams is a cover 2 disciple that doesn't even have the talent on this team to play this type of defense. The LBs are not good enough and the DBs don't have the discipline to stay in position. This team has lost for many reasons, but the biggest one is Rick Spielman! Leslie Frazier should be ashamed of himself for allowing Spielman to call the shots...That's exactly what happened last night and why Josh Freeman was put in a position to look so God Awful!...SKOL Brother!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Badd_Man1

• Badd as Badd can be
« Reply #2231 on: October 22, 2013, 07:11:44 PM »
i agree with what you said even though i cannot stand Frazier and his whatever style....this really is Rick Speilman mess     perfect10

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #2232 on: October 22, 2013, 09:47:54 PM »
At this point, anyone that will not be with the team after this season or part of the long term plans of the team needs to be traded for what ever we can get for them. Ponder, Cassel, Allen, AD and whom ever will not be part of the long term future. Time to load up on picks and  some much needed cap space. The season is over and it's time to run the team like the business it is....

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #2233 on: October 23, 2013, 02:04:54 AM »
At this point, anyone that will not be with the team after this season or part of the long term plans of the team needs to be traded for what ever we can get for them. Ponder, Cassel, Allen, AD and whom ever will not be part of the long term future. Time to load up on picks and  some much needed cap space. The season is over and it's time to run the team like the business it is....
I hope they have the brains to do it. it's time to look ahead. I would be shocked if they threw us a bone and made a few quality trades that would at least give us hope for the future.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2234 on: October 23, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »
1st AP is nearly untradeable. His contract is not friendly and we have all seen what RBs bring these days...Ponder taking 1st team reps because of concussion like symptoms. Sounds like when #7 was informed he was injured to me? Doesn't mean he plays Sunday night, but it really doesn't matter the way they have been playing...

Spielman is the 1st guy gone if it's my team! Frazier isn't too far behind Rick when he goes out the door...Should they fire Frazier before the end Singletary would be the only guy with HCing on his resume'...No way I want that turd coaching!...

#7 is the only one with a contract moving forward at QB...That SUCKS DICK!...This team is either a run 1st team that plays great defense, or it's not...The Vikings have weapons that aren't being showcased because the guard play at this point has been horrendous. The Tackle play had been bad. The center play has been average at best. I give Sully the benefit of the doubt because of his injury...

Musgrave has been put in an unenviable position. Forced to play a QB that wasn't ready, forced to play a QB that is good enough, or forced to sit a QB that isn't sexy enough. He's put on the hot seat every week because of the situation he's been subjected to...His trimming the playbook and feeding AP got the team to the playoffs last year make no mistake. Does that mean I want him as coach? Hell to the nah! The DC is in a similar situation. No talent in and injured secondary and 1 talented LB that in my eyes is a bit overrated in the 1st place...Every team chips Jared Allen and double teams Kevin Williams. That effectively stops any pressure. Robison makes a few plays, but Griffen has been invisible. Every other team comes in knowing that the TE or RB will have a great day with little coverage skills at LB and the secondary...

Looks like another rebuild at the end of the year? Allen will be gone for nothing, but cap space. DEs didn't fare too well last year in FA though? His age dictates less dough, but a contender could leap for large $ and short terms...This defense looks like it will be terrible again for the foreseeable future at this rate. The LB situation is the dregs of the league. It has to have OCs licking their chops every game! Then there's the secondary, They are truly secondary! They don't do anything well! Perhaps they stay healthy and get better? It's gonna take time...

Note to Zygi and Mark Wilf...Use your power to delete the real reasons the Vikings are the laughing stock of the NFL, AGAIN! Take this opportunity to write the last checks Rick and Leslie will earn, I use that term loosely, today! Don't 2nd guess this decision. The sooner you realize that this all has gone this way because of the BOZOs you have at the top the better...Players don't believe a word either of these clowns have to say and why should they? The chain of command has been compromised and by your recognition of this has to be on display...The Vikings will play next year outside and the toughness the Vikings have shown in the past is not what is being shown with the product you put on the field this year...Get the broom out and sweep the film room clean...Nobody expects anything from the Vikings for the next few years. At least until the new stadium is finished...We fans are forced to watch as our favorite team has been driven into the ground and the ONLY real link to why it happened in the 1st place is whom you have chosen as you GM...Let Frazier finish the year and fire Spielman immediately...That would tell the fans that this team is moving in the right direction! Thanks Zygi and Mark...SKOL Brother!

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #2235 on: October 23, 2013, 06:41:30 PM »
Well yall already know how i feel...talk to yall in april.....
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #2236 on: October 23, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »
1 more thing i love chris carter but hes a idiot as a sports a. He said its not fair to frazier that they forced josh freeman in as qb ..... FraZiers  the 1 who said he went to rick and wilf and asked to start freeman!!!!! I hate people that rum their mouth and dont know what they are talkin about!!!!!! And i agree with you koko except the oc needs to go toooo hea horrible!!! And i know hes handicapped but stilll hos gameplan and situational playcalls are horrible!!! His run plays are horrible!!! He doesnt know how to get cp onvolved! He doesnt know how to se plays up!!! His play calls are all over the place!!! O and im like you koko a concussion!!!! Lmao!!!! Whataaa cover up!!!' Frazier said hes starting ponder over cassel becaiuse his body of work!!! Ok ponders hasnt won a game this season has cassel??? Lmao this whole org. Is a joke i could write a book about how bad this chit is but im tired of repeating myself see yall in april
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2237 on: October 23, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
I understand MJ!

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #2238 on: October 24, 2013, 09:23:11 AM »
Its gonna be OK MJ. Be the banana. Be the banana! I love that Av. DRi
min1 stl3

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #2239 on: October 24, 2013, 10:27:05 AM »
Why in the world would you trade AD? That's the stupidest F***ing thing I've ever heard! Sorry but I can't take another Walker deal. Only it would be reversed. The only teams that would trade for him would be contenders.... Don't want to see him win a Lombardi with another team. 2 first rounders... In the 20s...cmon man!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #2240 on: October 24, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »
Ain't happening! AP is a Viking until doomsday. I, for one am glad...I hate every swinging DICK that says AP should try to leave too. Especially when they can't get what he's actually worth...All they would need is an ignorant trade partner. Problem is, you can't swap with yourself!...Fire Spielman NOW!...SKOL Brother!

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
« Reply #2241 on: October 25, 2013, 06:47:15 PM »
I have always hated Culpepper for orchestrating Randy Moss's departure. We should have remembered that when Percy said Ponder or me.

If you trade AD trade me with him.
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #2242 on: October 25, 2013, 06:59:32 PM »
I have always hated Culpepper for orchestrating Randy Moss's departure. We should have remembered that when Percy said Ponder or me.

I'm with you. If they trade AD or ever sign Tebow... I'm turning in my horns.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #2243 on: October 26, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »

I really wish they would have said by to Ponder and kept Harvin. At this point Harvin is in a much better place being a Seahawk.

I get why some would go off the deep end if they traded AD.....Harvin was my favourite Viking and was pissed they let him go.

If there was a team thought offered a huge deal to get him I really don't see how you don't let him go. The Vikings are a mess, we will be getting all new coaches next season and good luck finding one that will build a team around a RB no matter how good he is. We will be in a 2 year rebuild and by that time AD will be 30...31 by the time we hit the new stadium.

I can see the team doing either or .......I'd be shocked if they did but if the deal is good enough I'd also be pleased if they made the move. If they can get picks for Allen then trade him too.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #2244 on: October 26, 2013, 11:15:32 PM »
AD will go down as one of the best of all time, I remember when he started I hoped he would stay healthy because you could see he was going to the hof if he had a long enough career, that ship sailed, he's in. the Vikes are a horrible watch, not bad enough for the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft just bad enough to make you puke. why do I feel like I went back in time and I'm a Bills fan.  I suppose if you talked of trading OJ to build for the future people would have chit themselves too. I agree the nfl has changed and you would not get enough for the great one. so keep him, it's a passing league and there is not enough respect for the great backs. put AD or Marshawn Lynch or Jamaal Charles on the bench lets see how you roll. we still need to address the future. If Allen is not in the future plans, he is a waist of time, the season is over anybody who will walk needs to go. anyone with 1 or 2 good years left needs to go to a contender for picks, if there are no good deals to be made fine, you gotta have pride no deal. but if there are teams close, a player or two away they might make a good deal. this team needs to try to get better and at this point that means down the line.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:29:53 PM by 1hotchev »

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #2245 on: October 27, 2013, 09:57:04 AM »

CNA

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #2246 on: October 27, 2013, 10:12:14 AM »
I agree..it makes sense to trade Allen.. He isn't going to resign anyway.. Who's starting tonight?

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #2247 on: October 27, 2013, 10:28:30 AM »
ok 1hotchev.....that has got to be on of the hottest avitars in a while......maybe she can play QB for the Vikings

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #2248 on: October 27, 2013, 10:31:17 AM »
ok 1hotchev.....that has got to be on of the hottest avitars in a while......maybe she can play QB for the Vikings
She can get under my center any day! grin1

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #2249 on: October 27, 2013, 04:29:52 PM »
helps me realize some things are a lot better then football. go Vikes go AD
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 04:32:58 PM by 1hotchev »

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.