Author Topic: MLB HoF Question  (Read 915 times)

Offline Tx_Sports

• Icon
  • Go Rangers!
MLB HoF Question
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:05:20 PM »
  hmm1
dal1  tex3

Offline Fish-on087

• Star
  • MKTF H.O.F inductees TG and Eliot R.I.P.
Re: MLB HoF Question
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »
Bonds absolutely. I hate him but there will come a time when NLB will no longer have a supply of clean atheletes and all that will be eligable will be from the steroid era. MLB will be forced to succome to pressure and ballot these individuals regardless.

Rose on the other hand falls into a seperate catagory. Without question a HOF player but that scumbag Giammatti died before instituteing an amnesty clause and the rest of these commissioners don't have the nuts to ammend the decision
Concrete shoes have no laces

Offline Tx_Sports

• Icon
  • Go Rangers!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Yeah, I just wish Rose could get the recognition he deserves as a player...not a manager.  I don't think his whole betting started until he was a manager. 
dal1  tex3

Offline Fish-on087

• Star
  • MKTF H.O.F inductees TG and Eliot R.I.P.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
TX, the sad thing will be as time goes on people will say" pete who? "

All they'll have to do is ask Ray fosse
Concrete shoes have no laces

Offline Tx_Sports

• Icon
  • Go Rangers!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »
Thanks for stopping by Fish!  Yeah, Pete is only the all-time hits leader that will never be caught!  Even Jeter would have to play until he's 44 or 45...and that's assuming he can hti something like 100+ each year.
dal1  tex3

Offline The Catfish

• June's M.O.M.
  • Star
  • the Catfish loves BEER!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
my thing is rose's hit record came before he gambled. now i would never let him manage again, but to be banned from mlb stadiums is silly. and selig promised him if he came clean he would look into putting his name on the ballot. now rose came clean on the day of the hall's announcement of a new class, which pissed off selig, so selig renegged on him.

rose didn't cheat. bonds, sosa, mcgwire, palmeiro etc did.

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
  • The Grandbabies :)
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 02:18:58 PM »
One quick note on Pete... His fans, me included, want him in the HOF more than he wants to be.

How many opportunities has he had to sit down with Teh Commish and work things out? Several by many accounts.

I just don't think it matters anymore to Pete :(

But he and Bonds should be in. Clemens, too.
Hello. I'm Bully. What's your name?

Offline PatsFan

• All Time Legend
  • "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing"
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
Sosa ... No...Nothing but homers...Terrible in the field..Corked bat as well...
McGwire...No ... Ditto from above..Terrible batting average as well...
Palmeiro...No ... Liar
Bonds... Surliest player on the face of the earth..Head as large as a melon from drug use...Never
Clemens...Liar..Cheat..Drug User..Threw his wife and best friend under the bus to try to save himself...Never...

Shoeless Joe Jackson...Yes
Pete Rose.... Just fall on the sword and he is in ...
" The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 10:06:48 AM »
One quick note on Pete... His fans, me included, want him in the HOF more than he wants to be.

How many opportunities has he had to sit down with Teh Commish and work things out? Several by many accounts.

I just don't think it matters anymore to Pete :(

But he and Bonds should be in. Clemens, too.
Horse chit !!!
wsh1  pit2  wsh1  atl3  wsh1

Offline PatsFan

• All Time Legend
  • "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing"
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 10:48:25 AM »
" The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:40 AM »
grin1

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Hey Ted...DON'T TRADE ME!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 11:33:51 AM »
Not many played harder than Pete Rose, he deserves to be there.

Bonds and Clemens? HELL NO!!! You cheat, you're a loser, plain and simple.
duke1 memphis1  wsh1  wsh2  bal3

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa... Everyone was juicing.. Other eras had "cheaters" too.. How many guys from the 50's and 60's have now admitted to taking amphetamines...

Pitchers juiced.. hitters juiced... And whereas I know Bonds, Clemens and the bunch lied and cheated, there is really NO PROOF. We all they did it, but.....

I hate those 2 f****ers.. I do. But they have to be in. Bonds is the BEST HITTER this generation ever saw and Clemens is the BEST PITCHER this generation ever saw.

Just cause they are dicks doesn't mean they shuld be excluded.. Whole bunch of other guys (Cobb, Ted Williams) were dicks too!

AND.... As a side note.. How many players from BEFORE Jackie Robinson wouyld not be in the HOF today because they were not facing the best competition? Many, I think. Some of the best players were excluded because they were not white. Do we exclude the white guys from that era cause some of the best competition was playing elsewhere?

There are many era in baseball... High mound era... Whites only era.. dead ball era.. and like it or not, the steroid era. Let them in and move on. The constant fight to keep them out will not allow us, the fans, to move on!

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »
I can't stop.... MLB and the HOF voters (writers) are being a bunch of hypocrites.. The owners turned a blind eye to all the cheating cause of the massive amount of $$ that was being made while Sosa, Bonds and McGwire were hitting 70 homers a year.

Do not tell me the owners and writers did not know.. Of course they knew.. but the owners did nothing.. the writers wrote about these heroics and loved them...

Now.. There has been admittance of steroids and HGH and these same owners come down hard on these guys and the same writers won't vote for them.

That is the horse chit here.........

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 02:53:43 PM »
If your point is that the owners and coaches turned a blind eye when steroid use and hgh were being used makes it ok ? Then we should let em all in. Screw it...so my kids and their kids think its ok... society embraces us,even prompts us to do whatever we can do to enhance our body's to compete ! Don't worry about the records anymore because money is more important !

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
I'm gonna take a shower and then we'll finish this.

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 03:13:15 PM »
We should let the ones in that have the criteria... Bonds and Clemens are in that group.

It's not okay what they did and it's the perfect time for a parent/coach/role model to teach our younger generations right from wrong.

Bonds and Clemens are shitty humans. I wouldn't want my kid emulating them in any shape or form. But between the white lines, they are simply 2 of the best who ever played!

If Bonds cheated, then so did Mantle and Mays and all the other greats from that era.. They popped greenies like they were candy. They all admit it.

Barry Bond faced the best pitchers the world had to offer... but did Ruth? Did Cobb? Did anyone? No, because there were seperate leagues. Maybe Ruth only hits 500 hopmers if he faced the best competition instead of feastin on guys that would  be pumping gas had black players been let into the league.

The Mitchell Report was inconclusive at best....

I loves ya 44... but that's my take. :)

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 03:28:13 PM »
Did they all face the best pitchers ? In their era Yes ! Could any of them handle the great knuckle ballers then and now...NO ! All the drugs in the world couldn't get you past them.I'm gonna hit low and ask you this; As your granddaughter grows up and plays softball on a competitive level, She comes to you one day and says....Granpa Bully ? Yes....    I was thinkin, they say I'm not quite good enough to get a scholarship on my skills alone, I've got one more year to play. Some of the girls are using steroids and thy're going to get scholarships. I think I'll do the same, after all, Bonds did i and got in the HOF and Clements did and gotin the HOF , would it be OK Granpa Bully ?

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
They both had insane natural ability..shame they roided to inflate the stats but in my mind they were both of HOF caliber without steroids.

The HOF is made to honor the best baseball players, not humanitarians.

I would vote them IN..but have no issue with them waiting 5 years or so.  Not being first ballot is a statement enough.
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 03:42:19 PM »
They both had insane natural ability..shame they roided to inflate the stats but in my mind they were both of HOF caliber without steroids.

The HOF is made to honor the best baseball players, not humanitarians.

I would vote them IN..but have no issue with them waiting 5 years or so.  Not being first ballot is a statement enough.
Pete Rose First !!!!

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »
Ahh..missed the original question.  Charlie Hustle should be in right now.  No arguments there!
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline Tx_Sports

• Icon
  • Go Rangers!
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
I agree 44, Pete first. Yes he could be more forthcoming but the commish could get off his high horse too. Just make no mention of him ever being a manager on his inscription and shrine. Best hitter ever..... Charlie Hustle
dal1  tex3

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 03:52:33 PM »
I would tell her NO, do not take 'roids! I'd step up and tell her that it is wrong and hopefully she would listen to her grandfather and follow my example rather than some spoliued shithead like Bonds.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
Let em in...open up a new wing centering on the Steroid Era..also point out that MLB turned a blind eye to the problem...

So what about Seligs Hall chances? No way...Sosa deserves it more!  3 60 HR seasons,  and didn't win the homer title? That says it all...
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!