It seems like now would be a good time to clarify a few things about MKTF…who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
- We are a group of posters who were brought together by a common love of college basketball
- We are a group of posters who will give each other unending grief…you leave a curveball out over the plate, several of us will, more likely than not, take a swing at it.
- We do not stand on ceremony here…we don’t greet each person as they arrive, nor bid them adieu when they leave. We’re busy joking around and being silly, and maybe talking smack about each other’s teams and we figure if someone has something to say, they’ll just jump right into the fray.
- We are not what really anyone would describe as “nice.” We are not here to “be nice” to each other, we are here to joke around and laugh…often-times at the expense of each other, but, and this is the important part…it is all a joke.
- As we are new around here, we do try to be more gentle than we are with each other with those people who are stopping by to check things out.
When we venture out onto other threads, we know we are outside of our “domain,” so conduct ourselves according to what is or isn’t appropriate elsewhere. However, here, in “mktf-land” we do our thing, and while some may consider it harsh, or whatever, it is kept amongst ourselves.
If something is specifically directed at someone and that person doesn’t like it, that is one thing, and it is up to them how they choose to deal with it, however, if it is just a matter of not enjoying or agreeing with our dynamic with each other, at times, well it is just what we do and how we are.