Author Topic: The Thread: A College Football Community  (Read 454617 times)

Offline larry lava

• Star
  • RESPECT IS HUGE IN MY BOOKS
Re: The Thread: A College Football Community
« Reply #77475 on: July 12, 2017, 09:24:32 PM »
................BASKETBALL...............

I think you guys will agree I very rarely talk Basketball...........wm,Andy and Geneh are very knowledgeable about the sport....... ber

You guys History happened last week........... ber

Canada won it's FIRST ever Gold Medal in Basketball.......albeit it was the U-19 but it was on the World Stage.

I have included a picture of RJ Barrett.........he was MVP for the tournament and is touted to go # 1 overall in 2019 NBA Draft......this is a proud moment in Canada.....a Basketball story that does not have Steve Nash name on it................lol

Schools in the U S are lining up right now to convince this guy to come to their college/university ....it is going to be very interesting to see where he decides to go for his Post Education....I'm thinking a school in Florida.

Respect is huge in my books

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77476 on: July 13, 2017, 06:37:07 PM »

I think you guys will agree I very rarely talk Basketball...........wm,Andy and Geneh are very knowledgeable about the sport....... ber

Canada won it's FIRST ever Gold Medal in Basketball.......albeit it was the U-19 but it was on the World Stage.

I have included a picture of RJ Barrett.........he was MVP for the tournament and is touted to go # 1 overall in 2019 NBA Draft......this is a proud moment in Canada.....a Basketball story that does not have Steve Nash name on it................lol

Schools in the U S are lining up right now to convince this guy to come to their college/university ....it is going to be very interesting to see where he decides to go for his Post Education....I'm thinking a school in Florida.

Larry it comes and goes. Yes Florida has its beaches and the Gators, Seminoles, and Hurricanes have all made nice runs. USC and UCLA have nice beaches and Hollywood. But explain Alabama now, or Ohio St a few years back. Tennessee has mountains and they had a nice lil run. But like Bama, explain what do Notre Dame, Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska have because all 4 have also made some great runs. There are a lot of other teams I could include but I hope you see my point.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:06:07 PM by wmichskers »
nebraska1 det1 det2 det3 nebraska1

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #77477 on: July 13, 2017, 11:14:05 PM »
I hope you see my point.

TOTALLY see your point wm..............RJ has a mountain of opportunities ...... ber

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
« Reply #77478 on: July 15, 2017, 09:57:41 PM »

Congrats, Larry.
All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77479 on: July 16, 2017, 06:02:45 PM »
I had a great weekend yet again, I hope you all can say the same   :tiphat:

21 days till 2 and 3 a days and about ( aboot Canadian ;) ) 35 days till FOOTBALL ber

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77480 on: July 16, 2017, 06:06:00 PM »
In the meantime my det3   have won 2 in a row. Not sure if they're preparing for a run or a fire sale

pop1

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #77481 on: July 16, 2017, 06:16:50 PM »
I had a great weekend yet again, I hope you all can say the same 

Excellent weekend wm............it was sunny and windy........But that is a HUGE problem for the Forest Fires.....the Fires torch up again yesterday because of the wind........it is real bad in the Interior of B.C.

Good luck for your Tigers down the Stretch.......they have their work cut out for them.

Thank You Geneh......... ber..........the Gold Medal was huge for Basketball Canada.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77482 on: July 16, 2017, 06:28:11 PM »
Pretty cool  Canada won in basketball. 28,001 Hockey trophies, 20,067 skating trophies, 16, 727 skiing trophies, 1209 curling trohies and finally now a basketball trophie,,,,, what a year huh? Cubs win the series, Cav's win the NBA, Trump wins POTUS and Canada wins in basketball

grin1

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #77483 on: July 16, 2017, 09:18:37 PM »
what a year huh? Cubs win the series, Cav's win the NBA, Trump wins POTUS and Canada wins in basketball

Well said wm..........I never thought of it that way.........it has been a year for the History Books.........

I wonder could the Detroit Lions be the next to go into the books...........ya never know eh.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77484 on: July 17, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »

Well said wm..........I never thought of it that way.........it has been a year for the History Books.........

I wonder could the Detroit Lions be the next to go into the books...........ya never know eh.

Wouldn't that be something if the Detroit Lions won a playoff game or the whole darn enhalada. You would have to wonder if it would be before, during, or after Hell froze over and pigs could fly. ;)

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77485 on: July 17, 2017, 06:26:32 PM »
Any thoughts on the Floyd Mayweather vs Conner MacGregor fight ?  I don't think we've ever talked Boxing or MMA....or in this case Boxing AND MMA   ber

Offline andyham1

• Star
  • ..RJ.....Rest in Peace, friend! We will miss you
« Reply #77486 on: July 17, 2017, 06:33:29 PM »
Well Larry congrats to Canada!
I could never figure, as wm point out, why LSU secures the services of so many GREAT basketball players, but they certainly have thru the years.
Shaq, Pistol Pete, and most recently, last years NBA #1 draft pick from Australia to name a few.
The tigers have always been a football first school and since the nineties with the baseball programs emergence, basketball is a distant third down here.
With Virginia Commonwealths ex head man becoming the new tiger coach look for LSU to make a play for him.He already has a top 10 recruiting class for2017.
How?  BEATS ME!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:35:37 PM by andyham1 »
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11
NCAA FINAL FOUR 1953,81 86,87,2006
NCAA CWS 1986,87,89,90,91,93,94,96,97,98,2000,03,04,09

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77487 on: July 17, 2017, 06:37:07 PM »
Great to see you Andy. We are less than 6 and a half weeks away   ber

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #77488 on: July 18, 2017, 12:08:05 AM »
Any thoughts on the Floyd Mayweather vs Conner MacGregor fight ?

I think it is ridiculous wm...........180 million US Dollars.......and all this Nonsense Hype that goes along with it.

I'm thinking it will be a Yawner and an embarrassment for the Sport of Boxing.....strictly my opinion.

Thank You Andy......... ber

We are less than 6 and a half weeks away

.....Ground Control to Major Tom take your protein pills and put your helmet on.....

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77489 on: July 20, 2017, 06:17:33 PM »

I think it is ridiculous wm...........180 million US Dollars.......and all this Nonsense Hype that goes along with it.

I'm thinking it will be a Yawner and an embarrassment for the Sport of Boxing.....strictly my opinion.

Thank You Andy......... ber

.....Ground Control to Major Tom take your protein pills and put your helmet on.....

Larry the consensus says that MaGregor will not be able to land a punch on Mayweather and Floyd will easily win. FYI Floyd Mayweather is from Grand Rapids Michigan. At first we were proud of him but he is such an ass that that went away quickly. but IF Conner can land a punch he will surely knock Mayweather down and then it will be any ones fight.
Conner is the underdog to be sure, but David and Goliaths happen every year in sports it seems and MaGregor is a much more likeable individual.

As far as the 180 million goes I guess I just try to overlook it. Seems like professional athletes salaries keep going up and up......so goes ticket anfd beer prices at their venues. Maybe when no one can afford to go common sense will return..... and maybe a huge gust of wind will blow all the sharks out of the ocean and circling our skies like in Sharknado ;)

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77490 on: July 20, 2017, 06:27:08 PM »
37 days or so folks   ber

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77491 on: July 20, 2017, 06:42:46 PM »
Yes this is a College football site, but we also do everything sports.....I think Curling might be our biggest reach unless you count that post claiming Croqette is the most dangerous sport.  saywha

To be truthful , CFB isn't a whole lot different than a trip to Cedar Pointe or Six Flags. I mean you wait forever and then 29 seconds later you wait again. So only true fans should be here, fans of any sport for that matter.

Smack is allowed and obviously sarcasm as well as long as it  stays above the belt. So for you fun and/ or interesting folks looking for a fun place with good peeps this is one of those.

NGS has a number of great sites. Honestly something for everyone.......except the internet people you know and wish you didn't ;)

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77492 on: July 20, 2017, 06:50:41 PM »
det3

vs

kc3

pop1

Offline wmichskers

• Coach
  • Life is good
« Reply #77493 on: July 20, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
So OJ Simpson was let out today. Thoughts?

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #77494 on: July 21, 2017, 01:07:37 AM »
So OJ Simpson was let out today. Thoughts?

He is a FREE Man as of Oct 1st 2017.............?

He served less than 9 years of a 33 year imprisonment for armed robbery..............?

He was ONE of the Top 10 best running backs ever.

He Killed his wife.............

I'm not sure what to think about it wm.............sad but true.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
« Reply #77495 on: July 21, 2017, 06:22:29 AM »

Wouldn't that be something if the Detroit Lions won a playoff game or the whole darn enhalada. You would have to wonder if it would be before, during, or after Hell froze over and pigs could fly. ;)

Pigs were flying last year over the Superbowl during the Falcons game. ;)
All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #77496 on: July 21, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »
Pigs were flying last year over the Superbowl during the Falcons game. ;)

Geneh they had that game in the Bag..........really too bad that Brady and Pats stormed back and won again.

Atlanta looks good again this year and should make the Playoff's........good luck ...... ber

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
« Reply #77497 on: July 21, 2017, 02:18:15 PM »

Geneh they had that game in the Bag..........really too bad that Brady and Pats stormed back and won again.

Atlanta looks good again this year and should make the Playoff's........good luck ...... ber

Yeah. I called it, though. I posted on AFR during the game that the Pats might come back. And they did.

We're gonna win it this year, though. Darn that Brady!

Offline larry lava

• Star
« Reply #77498 on: July 21, 2017, 05:50:38 PM »
We're gonna win it this year, though. Darn that Brady!

I can't believe the current Odds Geneh.........

Pats 3-1
Cowboys 8-1
Packers 10-1

Your Falcons are 14-1.

Super Bowl is in Minnesota and Vikings are 25-1 ........

........that is a good bet if the Home Team can make it to the Dance.

ten1   van2   wsh3

Offline geneh_33

• Icon
  • Psalm 46
« Reply #77499 on: July 21, 2017, 08:56:29 PM »
Nobody has any faith in the Falcons. Very inconsistent in the past, can barely put together 2 consecutive winning seasons so I can understand the odds.

But...