Author Topic: The Nascar Micro-brewery & Eatery  (Read 24606 times)

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
The Nascar Micro-brewery & Eatery
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:33:01 PM »
 welcome

A place to gather and talk all things Nascar.  The 2013 Season is rapidly approaching and there will be many things to discuss regarding drivers moving to new teams, teams switching manufacturers, and the new COT revision. 

Also a place to talk Beer and Food.  All are welcome seeing as the ol' BS site seems to have self-destructed their Nascar coverage. 

open24
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:41:53 PM by Fog »

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
Re: The Nascar Micro-brewery & Eatery
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:39:40 PM »
I do love this NGS site.  A little History montage in photos:

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:45:13 PM »
Since I only get to have this beer when I'm traveling in Ohio the first beer on tap will be Yuengling.

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:53:03 PM »

Go the Commodores!!!!

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »
...and I guess I better post an Ambrose pic...

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »
Welcome Oz, 

Here's a pint on the house.  I had hopes that the Taz Devil would've made it to the Chase last season via wins in the road-races, but, he fell just a little short.

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »

A cool pic of Matt getting a relatively easy win at 'Dega when Tony decided to take out the entire field behind him.  I wonder what the body-shop cost for this one ended up being? 

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 02:26:24 PM »
Welcome Oz, 

Here's a pint on the house.  I had hopes that the Taz Devil would've made it to the Chase last season via wins in the road-races, but, he fell just a little short.

I have a very complicated view of Marcos. In Australian motorsport you cheer for the car make first then you pick a driver. Bottom line is I wasn't really a fan of his when he was racing here.

But, he is an Aussie flying the flag over there so I have to be a fan...

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 05:35:37 PM »
...and I guess I better post an Ambrose pic...

I like this pic better than the other.  haha1 haha1

Went out last night and got really wasted. 
I woke up in the middle of the night next to some chick who was snoring and farting, so I knew I made it home OK.

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »
Even I have to admit, with that big wide open mouth, the Fusion is a good looking car.

...but the Commodore's better...

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 07:17:17 PM »
MK doing pretty good in his Daytona testing.

DAYTONA BEACH — If sincere effort translates into success, Matt Kenseth will sweep through Speedweeks and emerge with the Harley J. Earl Trophy after the Daytona 500.

While other top teams and drivers made an early exit from Preseason Thunder at Daytona International Speedway, Kenseth and the No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota team gutted it out to Day 3, Practice 6 on Saturday afternoon.

“We're just trying to learn what this new car likes and doesn't like,” Kenseth said as his team worked on his Toyota.

Kenseth spent much of the three days among the top-five quickest drivers, including single-car and pack-style runs over the Speedway's 2.5-mile tri-oval.

After spending his entire racing career at Roush Fenway Racing and Ford, the 2003 NASCAR champion moved to Gibbs and the Toyota camp with the idea of improving his performance.

The two-time Daytona 500 champion hopes to be the first driver since Sterling Marlin to win back-to-back 500s. Marlin earned his two trophies in 1994-95.

“Man, if I could predict that I'd be making a bunch of money in Vegas, that's for sure,” Kenseth said with a laugh. “These are always really unpredictable races.

“We're going to do everything we can just like we do every year — show up down here and try to win the race. It's the biggest race of the year and there's a lot of effort that goes into these races.”

The key word is “effort.”

While other teams packed up and got a jump on weekend traffic, Kenseth and teammate Kyle Busch stayed and turned laps to learn all they can about the “Generation 6” stock car.

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »
Looks like the boys are still trying to get a handle on the new machines.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/01/11/daytona-preseason-thunder-wreck-video.html

I woke up in the middle of the night next to some chick who was snoring and farting, so I knew I made it home OK.

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 10:15:03 PM »
Yep.  Pack racing has those risks! 

Saw this on Jayski.com  Pretty cool idea.  Imagine fire-boarding one of these things in a straight line! 

NASCAR tests at Kennedy Space Center: Research and development teams from Richard Childress Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing and Michael Waltrip Racing have discovered the NASA Shuttle Landing Facility just south of Daytona on Merritt Island in Brevard County  part of the Kennedy Space Center. The 15,000-foot concrete runway, built for the Space Shuttle landing in 1984, is ideal for straight-line testing  where teams gather aerodynamic data. It's also more economically feasible than transporting cars from North Carolina to the proving grounds in Arizona. "We use the landing strip at Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral just because it's a long, smooth straightaway, and it's warm, so in the wintertime you can test there with pretty controlled conditions," Richard Childress Racing director of competition Dr. Eric Warren said. "You work out a relationship with those guys and pay for the use of the facilities  like any other testing facility. They have their own on-site emergency crews, so the safety side of it is really nice. It's closer (than Arizona). The weather is warmer, and it's a great wintertime alternative to going to places out West. Most of them are ovals and the straight-line facilities are up north  around Michigan and the OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). We can do two straight-line segments there  as far as coast down. This place has plenty of distance."

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »
I totally spaced on this being Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale week on Speed channel.  Register to get a chance to win a 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 specially modified.  http://www.speedfantasybid.com/

Rusty Wallace auctioned off a car last night for charity that took in a $200K bid for it.

Offline Cookie

• LNU's Favorite Snacky!
  • made ya look
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 07:47:50 AM »
yay a place to talk nascar in case the stink eye completely does away with all nascar stuff including the message board.

I can't wait for the season to start.

If you trust your rebel heart, ride it into battle
Don't be afraid, take the road less traveled
Wear out your boots and kick up the gravel
Don't be afraid, take the road less traveled on

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 09:45:57 AM »
Welcome Beryln! 

Now all we need is Jedi to help with lunch and we'll really get this place rocking! 

I'll be a little busy at my regular job today, so, I'll just put out this sandwich spread and expect the rest of you to make your own and pay via the honor system!

Offline Love fore golf

• Star
  • Life is GREAT, enjoy it!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 12:01:29 PM »
Do we furnish our own wine?  LOL

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 08:42:50 PM »
Do we furnish our own wine?  LOL

No we just wait for Kyle Busch to come by............ oh wait..... that would be WHINE.  haha1

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 09:20:43 PM »
...Or the Ford fans complaining about how good JJ is...    :P

Offline Cookie

• LNU's Favorite Snacky!
  • made ya look
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 07:15:55 AM »
well fixing's are kinda short but i think i can whip up some ham and biscuits this morning.

is it Feb 24th yet?

we need to get bond in here too.

be like the nascar cafe over yonder on that other site.  ;)

If you trust your rebel heart, ride it into battle
Don't be afraid, take the road less traveled
Wear out your boots and kick up the gravel
Don't be afraid, take the road less traveled on

Offline The Ghost of Paul Fizzle

• The Shadow Council's Most Hated Man
  • Star
  • I can smell the Tang from a mile away
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 07:19:23 AM »
well fixing's are kinda short but i think i can whip up some ham and biscuits this morning.

Sounds much better than the breakfast I ate this morning (McDonalds  cryin)
The Godfather of Troll

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 10:00:29 AM »
As much as I love Nascar I can't stand the France family and the arbitrary rulings from the organization.  Any complaints about the Ruling Body that runs Aussie racing, Oz?

Interesting tidbit about possible Nascar-Europe:

NASCAR considering European races: NASCAR has revealed that it would consider hosting exhibition races in Europe to boost the profile of stock-car racing in the region. European racing is dominated by single-seaters such as Formula One, as well as touring cars, while some of the most popular stock-car series there take place on dirt tracks. George Silbermann, NASCAR's vice president of regional and touring series, says that the purpose of hosting races in Europe would be to build up interest in the market. "NASCAR would consider future exhibition race opportunities in Europe as part of a broader strategy of promoting stock-car racing in a region and supporting existing efforts like our Euro Racecar NASCAR Touring Series, which is about to embark on its second season," Silbermann told Autoweek. NASCAR's involvement with Euro Racecar explains its desire to rev-up European interest in stock-car racing.(more at AutoWeek)(1-18-2013)

Offline ozpackerfan

• Super Mod
  • Coach
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »
  Any complaints about the Ruling Body that runs Aussie racing, Oz?

For me personally, absolutely. I hate that it's gone the way of Nascar with the only variations being the engines and even those engines don't appear in the cars that these race cars represent. I understand they've done it to keep costs under control and the series competitive, but to me that's not what the series was intended to be.
That said, it's working. It's never been more popular, we have races in New Zealand, the Middle East and now in America and there are plans to add races in South Africa and India.

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »
Oz, Post a good link for the Aussie series.  I'm a bit curious.

Offline Arasmis

• Battle God
  • Star
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:33:18 PM »

Bear with me.  I'm trying to see what I can catch if I set a trap with some bait!