Author Topic: Braves get Justin Upton in big deal  (Read 91 times)

Offline PatsFan

• All Time Legend
  • "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing"
Braves get Justin Upton in big deal
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:43:57 AM »
The Atlanta Braves have agreed to a trade to acquire outfielder Justin Upton and third baseman Chris Johnson from the Arizona Diamondbacks for pitcher Randall Delgado, infielder Martin Prado and minor leaguers Nick Ahmed, Brandon Drury and Zeke Spruill, a baseball source told ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick.

The deal is pending physicals by players involved.
" The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Offline blacktopbully

• Icon
  • The Grandbabies :)
Re: Braves get Justin Upton in big deal
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:13:07 PM »
The Atlanta Braves have agreed to a trade to acquire outfielder Justin Upton and third baseman Chris Johnson from the Arizona Diamondbacks for pitcher Randall Delgado, infielder Martin Prado and minor leaguers Nick Ahmed, Brandon Drury and Zeke Spruill, a baseball source told ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick.

The deal is pending physicals by players involved.

Upton needed a change of scenery.. Seems liek a good deal for both..

AND CHECK THIS OUT!! One of the prospects you mentioned.. Nick Ahmed... I ump HS and summer ball here in Western Mass.. I umped this kid for 6 years growing up! In HS, everyone could see how far ahead of the others he was talentwise. Great SS and great pitcher. I hope he cracks the bigs one day.
Hello. I'm Bully. What's your name?