Author Topic: Re: Champions Bar and Grill!!!!  (Read 6600 times)

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Re: Champions Bar and Grill!!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »
Bottom line, the Bengals eeked out a 23-20 victory for 3 reasons..all have now swung in the Steelers' favor.

1) Game was in Cincy.
2) No Mendenhall.
3) No Polamalu.

I see BN sporting black and gold come Monday!
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline Bengal_Nation

• NGS LEGEND
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Go BENGALS!!
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »
Bottom line, the Bengals eeked out a 23-20 victory for 3 reasons..all have now swung in the Steelers' favor.

1) Game was in Cincy.
2) No Mendenhall.
3) No Polamalu.

rofl rofl I guess Blitz didn't see my fun facts in You make the call. Bengals D is rank ahead of Burg rofl. Oh by the way Mendenhall will not get over 100 yds
cin1 notredame1 indiana1

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 06:18:51 PM »
rofl rofl the convicts learned to play D?  Impossible!!

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline Bengal_Nation

• NGS LEGEND
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Go BENGALS!!
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »
rofl rofl the convicts learned to play D?  Impossible!!

ha ha Blitz
cin1 notredame1 indiana1

Offline mk6664

• Goddess of the Gridiron
  • Coach
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 01:58:24 PM »
Doing good off until Sunday. Hopefully I will be here for a while tomorrow

awww that sounds awesome

Offline mk6664

• Coach
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »

1) Game was in Cincy.
2) No Mendenhall.
3) No Polamalu.

uh yeah and no dropped Limas Sweed catches in the end zone plus didnt Skippy miss a field goal too...they get their credit for coming back but unless the Steelers kill themselves with turnovers the Bengals have a very hard time beating us

Offline mk6664

• Coach
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 02:01:01 PM »

rofl rofl I guess Blitz didn't see my fun facts in You make the call. Bengals D is rank ahead of Burg rofl. Oh by the way Mendenhall will not get over 100 yds

he might not thats not needed we can beat yall without that...but neither will your lil all the sudden running back dynamo Benson

Offline mk6664

• Coach
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 02:01:58 PM »
their defense is improved they are playing better as a team I give them credit for that...beating the Steelers twice though I am having a very hard time believing that

Offline Bengal_Nation

• NGS LEGEND
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Go BENGALS!!
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »
he might not thats not needed we can beat yall without that...but neither will your lil all the sudden running back dynamo Benson

Benson can Run all over That Pitt D just like he did to the Ravens D twice. Its to bad you can't give him credit for a great year he is having
cin1 notredame1 indiana1

Offline Bluezhound

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2009, 12:46:41 AM »
Blitz Ya look quite fashionable in your shiny new Bengal Av . I Cant call them the Bungles no more ..But the year isnt over yet . they still might revert back to previous form . at least my sorry ass browns stay sorry i am sad to say . 3stoo
Rebuilding since 1964 . But Were Working on it .

Offline mk6664

• Coach
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 12:21:46 PM »
hes having a decent year bengal i never said he wasnt just that he wasnt gonna run all over the steelers

yeah they are improved but as was said the season isnt over yet

Offline Bengal_Nation

• NGS LEGEND
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Go BENGALS!!
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 11:39:24 PM »
Blitz Ya look quite fashionable in your shiny new Bengal Av . I Cant call them the Bungles no more ..But the year isnt over yet . they still might revert back to previous form . at least my sorry ass browns stay sorry i am sad to say . 3stoo

rofl rofl Who Dey!! Who Dey Who Dey thinks gonna beat Them Bengals
cin1 notredame1 indiana1

Offline Bengal_Nation

• NGS LEGEND
  • Contributing Member
  • Coach
  • Go BENGALS!!
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 11:40:29 PM »
..But the year isnt over yet . they still might revert back to previous form .

Don't count on it
cin1 notredame1 indiana1

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 05:00:55 PM »
The Chiefs the Chiefs..oye vey thank goodness i didn't have an av bet with Shakes.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline mk6664

• Coach
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »
yeah what the h was that yesterday good grief...only good thing is the Bungles lost too to a crappy team or we'd never hear the end of it from Bengals

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2009, 02:53:34 PM »
Well the Steelers finally got their act together and beat a couple good teams.  At 8-7, the playoffs are still a long shot..but the team is still alive.  Obviously, a win over Miami is mandatory.  Here are the scenarios which get the Steelers into the postseason:

A win over Miami and ANY of the following:
- a Houston loss or tie vs. New England AND a NY Jets loss or tie vs. Cincinnati.
- a Houston loss or tie vs. New England AND a Baltimore loss or tie vs. Oakland.
- a NY Jets loss or tie vs. Cincinnati AND a Baltimore loss or tie vs. Oakland AND a Denver loss or tie vs. Kansas City.

Either way is far fetched..but I see the first scenario as the most likely.  I don't believe the Ravens will lose to the Raiders in a win-and-you're-in situation..

Tough spot but we made our own bed, now we have to lie in it.  If it weren't for those 3 horrid losses to the bottom feeders of the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns we would be 11-4 right now and wouldn't have that awful conference record that screws us over in tiebreakers.  Hopefully the team takes this as a hard lesson in not overlooking anyone and finishing games.

My eyes will surely be glued to the scores of all 5 games...so for one week only:

GO PATRIOTS!
GO BENGALS!
GO RAIDERS!
GO CHIEFS!

and most of all...

GO STEELERS!

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 12:54:06 AM »
Guess we'll have to change the name of this fine establishment come early February..-sigh-..

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
Re: Black & Gold Bar and Grill!!!!
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 03:14:47 PM »
Unfortunately I had to change the title from Champions B&G..hopefully we can reapply that moniker next year.

towl

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »
Scottie Montgomery is the new WRs coach
PITTSBURGH ─ The Steelers filled the lone remaining vacancy on their coaching staff today when they hired Scottie Montgomery as wide receivers coach. Montgomery joins the Steelers after coaching wide receivers at his alma mater Duke from 2006-09.

Montgomery, 31, played wide receiver in the NFL with the Denver Broncos (2000-02) after originally signing with the Carolina Panthers as an undrafted rookie in 2000. He enjoyed a college career at Duke where he finished among the school’s all-time leading receivers.

Under Montgomery’s tutelage, Duke had three receivers with more than 50 receptions and 600 receiving yards in 2009. Duke’s passing attack gained 3,660 yards (305.0 avg.) and accounted for 24 touchdowns last season.

A native of Cleveland County, North Carolina, Montgomery is one of just five two-time MVPs in Duke history. He currently ranks second on the Blue Devils’ all-time list in career receptions (171), fourth in receiving yards (2,379), and is one of only three players to lead the program in receiving in three straight seasons (1997-99). Montgomery is one of only two Duke receivers to post three straight seasons with at least 50 receptions and 600 receiving yards.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline eyebite

• NGS Probation Officer
  • All Time Legend
  • GREEN BAY PACKERS - 2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »
* I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every damn minute of it. * Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them. * Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive. * I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are just missing.

Offline mk6664

• Coach
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 06:30:26 PM »
never heard of him blitz

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
Me either..Duke?  Not exactly a football power.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline mk6664

• Coach
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2010, 06:38:06 PM »
yeah u know!  Well hopefully he'll be ok.  For a while there I thought it was rumored Batch was going to retire and they would use him as the qb coach.  But, guess not.

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 05:16:33 PM »
Steelers Tender 4 RFAs

The Steelers have issued tenders to four of their six restricted free agents in advance of the start of free agency on Friday, March 5.

The restricted free agents to receive tenders from the team are Willie Colon, William Gay, Daniel Sepulveda and Matt Spaeth.

Based on NFL rules for restricted free agents, teams can issue one-year salary tenders, and the amounts of the salary tenders they choose determine the compensation they would receive should the player leave for another team. In all cases in which a tender is made, the original team also gets a right-of-first-refusal, where it can match any other offer to keep the player.

Colon, who has been the team’s starting right tackle for the past three seasons, was tendered at a level where the Steelers would receive a first-round draft choice if he left.

The tenders extended to the other three would bring compensation in the form of a draft pick commensurate with the one in which the player originally entered the NFL.

For Gay, that would be a fifth-round pick; for Sepulveda, a fourth-round pick; and for Spaeth, a third-round pick.

For any team to sign Colon, Gay, Sepulveda or Spaeth to offer sheets, it must have the corresponding pick in the upcoming draft available in case the Steelers do not match and then are due the compensation. After a restricted free agent signs an offer sheet, his original team has seven days to decide either to match the offer and keep the player, or to accept the designated compensation.

There are four primary levels of tenders, with the highest bringing first- and third-round picks as compensation. From there, the levels are: first-round pick, second-round pick, and then the round in which the player originally entered the NFL.

The Steelers did not tender either Carey Davis or Darnell Stapleton, which means both of them will become unrestricted free agents on Friday. As unrestricted free agents, Davis and Stapleton could sign with any team in the NFL, including the Steelers.

Jim Valvano

Jack Lambert

Offline mk6664

• Coach
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »
they could have not offered Colon one...I think I would have been cooler with Stapleton