Author Topic: Tourney Time  (Read 1708 times)

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
Tourney Time
« on: February 16, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »
So I've been spouting off insane things lately and figured this would be a good place to remember them.

Michigan will NOT make it passed the Sweet 16 IF they make it that far.
Sparty will not make it passed the elite eight

Blitz added:

Arizona will not make it out of the Sweet 16
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:28:29 PM by theJrnyconts »
I post for food or money...thank you

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
Re: Heard Here First
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 02:52:29 PM »
Nice one!
If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 02:56:05 PM »
St. John's makes the dance.
If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline dgmichel

• Star
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 07:59:58 AM »
Almost every year GONZAGA gets in this thing . . .  I'm looking forward to seeing them play and kickin butt this year. 

It's also nice to see the BIG TEN well represented for a change, rather than just the onsy-twosy of years past.   IZZO's got his team playing well right, now  . . .   but I watched Indiana, and they LOOK like a #1 team.  Kinda reminds me of those Duke years.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
CSU bows out no later than the second round.
UNM makes it to the Sweet 16 and that's the best the MWC does.

Offline Shakes

• Contributing Member
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »
Frozen yogurt is healthier than ice cream, you've heard it here first.

Offline Coach

• Contributing Member
  • Hall of Famer
  • Go Tigers Go
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 12:22:40 PM »
Duke will not lose in the 1st round. Lehigh will be in the dance again though.
duke1 memphis1  wsh1  wsh2  bal3

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:10:03 AM »
Wisconsin will lose their first game.

Jack Lambert

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
Re: Tourney Time
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 07:28:55 PM »
The MWC will not be of consequence in the tourney

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 12:55:45 AM »
hahahahaha

If CSU gets ISU in the first round, consider that a loss.

Offline amaizenblue

• Administrator of Jokes
  • Icon
  • Daddy's Little Angel <3
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »
Wisc seems to be coming together at the right time. They may go far. IU and UM should go deep into the tourney. MSU has that chance as well as tOSU. This year is going to be GREAT for the B1G
"Those who stay Will Be Champions"

"I'm a Chicagoan, til Chicago ends, Til we blow like Chicago winds"

"I can't teach you my swag, you can pay for school but you can't buy class"

michigan1  chi1  chc3  chi2  chi4

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 11:27:13 AM »
Disagree about Michigan and Wisky. Michigan has dropped off very significantly since the beginning of the season. Wisky has more potential because they are on the up swing, but they like to play things a little too close in my opinion. Its a great thing to know how to close out games, but it will come back to bite you. I don't see either of them going passed the Sweet 16.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 06:22:25 PM »
Belmont drops Zona
Indiana has a cake walk to the elite 8
Carefully consider Davidson over Marquette
Bucknell can take Butler
the West is trash
Cal knocks off Vegas
Consider Albany over Duke
VCU to the Sweet 16
BSu can take KSU

Offline amaizenblue

• Administrator of Jokes
  • Icon
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 07:14:40 PM »
Disagree about Michigan and Wisky. Michigan has dropped off very significantly since the beginning of the season. Wisky has more potential because they are on the up swing, but they like to play things a little too close in my opinion. Its a great thing to know how to close out games, but it will come back to bite you. I don't see either of them going passed the Sweet 16.
Michigan has dropped off with the freshmen playing like freshmen. Stauskas, Robinson, McGary... McGary is back but they need to hit free throws. Hitting at least their average would have them only having 2 losses all year. Wisky needs to STOP relying so heavily on the 3. Big Ten will go deep... UM will get to the elite 8 at least playing Kansas and if they actually start getting it going the South region is the toughest by far... beating Kansas would get them to the Final 4 and NC game.

Morgan... needs... to... get... it... together. Robinson looked lost in the last few games as if he forgot that basketball players moved around the floor to get open or TRY to create a diversion of some sort. SMH

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 07:24:53 PM »
I wouldn't have any objections if they took out Kansas.

Offline amaizenblue

• Administrator of Jokes
  • Icon
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »
Dickie V has them taking out Kansas and it being IU/UM and Lville/tOSU in the final four.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »
Kansas ain't going anywhere. Personally I have VCU going to the Sweet 16 and losing to GTown.

GTown, Indy, Louisville, Wisky

Offline amaizenblue

• Administrator of Jokes
  • Icon
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 09:14:23 PM »
the south is ridic!

I have elite 8 of Wisky/tOSU, UM/Gtown, IU/Mia, L'ville/Duke/MSU

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 10:05:02 PM »
I had the hardest time with the Midwest. Louisville and St. Louis in the second round was tough. Same with Memphis and Sparty. The winner of that gets Duke. Oye.

West was tricky for me too. If Wisky can take down KSU then I think they'll be able to drop the Mutts. I'm not sold that UNM is top 10 material so I swallowed my pride and force picked Duh Nuts to beat them. I just returned the favor by dropping them to Wisky.

East was pretty easy too. Indiana with a cake walk to the elite eight before getting a test from Marquette. But then again every time I pick Marquette to do well they always choke in the second round. Following tradition of a 10 seed making the Sweet 16 I took Colorado to get that dubious honor making the path that easier for Marquette.

The south was pretty easiest for me. I like the chances of VCU with Michigan and Kansas as their opponents. However picking between Florida and GTown was a pain. I hate both of them equally but GTown doesn't have a mouthy prick of a coach so I went with them. At that point VCU burns out and bows out.

Offline amaizenblue

• Administrator of Jokes
  • Icon
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »
I had the hardest time with the Midwest. Louisville and St. Louis in the second round was tough. Same with Memphis and Sparty. The winner of that gets Duke. Oye.

West was tricky for me too. If Wisky can take down KSU then I think they'll be able to drop the Mutts. I'm not sold that UNM is top 10 material so I swallowed my pride and force picked Duh Nuts to beat them. I just returned the favor by dropping them to Wisky.

East was pretty easy too. Indiana with a cake walk to the elite eight before getting a test from Marquette. But then again every time I pick Marquette to do well they always choke in the second round. Following tradition of a 10 seed making the Sweet 16 I took Colorado to get that dubious honor making the path that easier for Marquette.

The south was pretty easiest for me. I like the chances of VCU with Michigan and Kansas as their opponents. However picking between Florida and GTown was a pain. I hate both of them equally but GTown doesn't have a mouthy prick of a coach so I went with them. At that point VCU burns out and bows out.
The Midwest pick between L'ville and Sparty or Duke is tough. Oregon will beat SLU, no way they are a 12 seed. No way SLU is a 4. MSU should make quick work of Duke unless Kelly is shooting out of his mind again. Leaving L'ville and Sparty.

East is easy IU may have trouble with Syracuse if they can stay composed, that's a great matchup MCW vs Oladipo. Miami should make it to the E8 easily.

West I think Zona is going to beat UNM. tOSU should make quick work of Zona. Zags lose to Pitt 2nd round and Wisky beats KSU.

South... the toughest region by far. VCU and UM could be a decent matchup depending on which UM you get. UM early season blows past the field easily... this non free throw shooting no one really seeming to play hard outside of the 3 might struggle early. GT may have to face Minn... Fla isn't going to be as good rebounding and matching up well with Minn.. that should be a great matchup.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 10:59:16 PM »
That's my big hang up with Michigan. They have drifted so far from early season that I just can't talk myself into taking them seriously.

All I know is Michigan is a prime example as to why this year is gonna be better than most. Who knows what is gonna happen.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 11:00:26 PM »
I guess with my time in class, I'll give my opinions on the match ups.

Offline amaizenblue

• Administrator of Jokes
  • Icon
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »
That's my big hang up with Michigan. They have drifted so far from early season that I just can't talk myself into taking them seriously.

All I know is Michigan is a prime example as to why this year is gonna be better than most. Who knows what is gonna happen.
what's so horrible about the michigan losses... with free throws made, they only have 2 losses this season... w t f!

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2013, 08:43:30 AM »
Got slaughtered by Little Bro, Duh Nuts absolutely dominated them until the last 10 minutes, At Indiana there wasn't any doubt in my mind who was going to win. Choked against PSU. Against the top three at home they barely beat Duh Nuts and Saprty and choked against Indiana.

Thats not the team I saw in the first half of the season. The team back then was a final four contender that wasn't going to lose the way they did and they certainly weren't going to lose to PSU.

Trust me I would love nothing more then Michigan to get back into the zone and go on a tear. Mostly because It'll shut up this school.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • All Time Legend
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2013, 09:04:31 AM »
My upsets:

Cal over UNLV- Not really an upset because both of them are streaky, but Cal is more consistant than Vegas

Bucknell over Butler- This is a little more daring since Butler is Butler in the the tourney, but they aren't playing to the same tune as they were early and mid season. Bucknell is flying high.

Belmont over Arizona- Zona sucks and Belmont is flying high with a solid team.

Don't be surprised if it happens:

S. Dakota St. over Michigan- If SDSU can go into the Pit and walk away victorious, this game is well within reach. They also almost beat FSU last year.

Davidson over Marquette- Davidson has that look and feel of a few years ago when they went to the Sweet 16 as a 12 seed. Marquette likes to choke in the tourney.

BSu/LaSalle over KSU- KSU is good, but how will they fair against a solid team that is playing with a purpose to prove they deserved an undeserving 4 bid?

Miss over Wisky- Mississippi has the talent to win, but they will need to be more efficient then they were against Florida to pull it off.

Honorable mentions:

Akron/VCU- Akron lost thier guard, but are still plugging away.
NMSU/St. Louis- NMSU has the talent and the biggest player in hoops.
Oregon/Okie St.- Oregon needs thier guard play to step up to take down the Pokes.

Crossed my mind:

Minnesota/UCLA
Florida Gulf Coast/GTown
Montana/Cuse
Iona/Duh Nuts
Harvard/UNM
Albany/Duke