Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 4724 times)

Offline the_bandit

• Canadian Shithead
  • Star
  • Seahorse seahell
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 12:53:41 PM »

I do like how they have "devolved" Rick since last season...falls in line with where he is headed...I'm curious to see if they stretch out the Woodbury/Prison storyline into season 4...or they keep the group on the move...

I also like how they have moved Rick's character.  I would say in the interest of having this show not run for an enternity they have to end the prison/Woodbury stuff.  Judging by the title of the last episode of the season, it is coming.

What a complete waste of an hour of my time..easily the worst episode of the year....who wrote that piece of slop? Bad 80's horror movie.."No Andrea don't go into that dark room where you hear weird noises!"  I literally hope the new showrunner is eaten by zombies...

I agree, easily one of the worst episodes since most of the farm episodes.  A real sign of them trying to stretch out material.
tor2 notredame1 gb1

Offline the_bandit

• Canadian Shithead
  • Star
  • Seahorse seahell
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 12:55:42 PM »
I hope they do something shocking..

As a reader I can think of one way to wrap up this season. ;)

I will leave it at that.
tor2 notredame1 gb1

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »
Bandit, I don't see WD going past 6 seasons...maybe 7 at the most. I have read quite a few interviews with Robert Kirkman, and he is now getting big time movie offers, and has said he wants to move on to something else.  3 more seasons would be perfect.  They would have to accelerate season 4 a little...but probably the best idea for the fans and actors..last 2 seasons have been soooo slow.
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 01:59:50 PM »
I thought the last 3 or 4 episodes of season 2 and the 1st half of this season were pretty damned good and exciting.  It has slowed down during the 2nd half but I think it's because they had the fixed point of the final episode and evidently not the best of plans to get there. 

Tell you what, though, seeing Andrea in that chair as the final scene of last night's episode was pretty damned creepy.  I don't imagine the next episode is going to be a very comfortable one for her.
Everyone should believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »
Bandit, I don't see WD going past 6 seasons...maybe 7 at the most. I have read quite a few interviews with Robert Kirkman, and he is now getting big time movie offers, and has said he wants to move on to something else.  3 more seasons would be perfect.  They would have to accelerate season 4 a little...but probably the best idea for the fans and actors..last 2 seasons have been soooo slow.

I don't see it going past 6 seasons, either.  Most shows don't make it that far before they start to run out of material.  The great ones do but even as much as I like this series no way in hell would I apply the 'great' label to it.  It's been very entertaining for me.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »
I thought the first season was awesome..especially the first episode.  Watching it in black and white was pretty bad ass too.  I thought they spent too much time on the Sophia storyline...once again mostly because I read the comics...and she is still alive.  By far the farm storyline is my favorite arc in the books...followed by something that hasn't happened yet ;)

Niner..I would suggest reading the "Rise of the Governor" spinoff..it's very awesome..plus it gives pretty good insight into what led him to become the guy you see now..

Offline PatsFan

• All Time Legend
  • "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing"
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 02:32:40 PM »
Andrea must die..She is so wishy washy back and forth...Oh I need to be with the Governor....No I must go to the prison.... I must enter the dark room and be attacked...She should have knifed the Governor when she had the chance a couple of shows ago...The Prison life needs to come to an end as does the little town of Woodbury...They are both going stale...
" The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Offline RC Philly

• Cooler than Pittsburgh.
  • Veteran
  • [applaud] [smite]
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 01:12:53 AM »
Wasn't sad to see Merle go.. it was difficult to tell which side he really wanted to be with from minute to minute. Sometimes it was with the prison folk, sometimes it looked like he favored the Gov's, but all of the time he favored his own, which makes him a wild card anyway. Don't think anyone other than Daryl could have ever trusted him fully, and maybe not even him.

I think Rick and the group, whatever's left of them, are gonna have to leave the prison and find some other place to shack up in. Even after this confrontration with the Gov and whoever comes out on top, the prison is gonna be a warzone and the Gov's people have already driven numerous vehicles through the gates and have compromised the prison and it's security. Better to hit the road and find a better place than to rebuild there. Maybe they can break into a highly secured government building, like the old CIA or FBI or something.. surely walkers haven't gotten in there, have they? Other than the people who may have died inside and were trapped there, like the prison. How about Season 4 at the White House!?

Even tho this show kills off major characters all the time, I'm not sure who else among the prison group could get the axe, so to speak, in the finale.. assuming someone does. There aren't really that many of them left anyway. Maybe Carol will go and join Sophia.. I guess the other ladies will have to take up the cleaning and baby duties tho. I do think Tyreese and the woman with him need to re-join Rick tho.. hopefully they will see that the Gov is way more f'd up than Rick is and change sides again.

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 06:40:37 AM »
Yeah, somehow I don't think ol' Merle is going to make a comeback this time.

I thought this was a decent episode but it doesn't compare to last year's 2nd to last show when Shane got whacked.  One thing, though.  If I was Michonne, I sure wouldn't trust Rick anymore. 

Offline The Ghost of Paul Fizzle

• The Shadow Council's Most Hated Man
  • Star
  • I can smell the Tang from a mile away
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2013, 06:52:42 AM »
OK .... I'm not reading any of the previous posts.... but I wanted to inform all of you I watched Episode 1, season 3 last night .... and I was like "whoa."

Rick had to cut Hershel's leg off cuz it got bit .... and that had me thinking.
If Hershel dies .... he'll become a "Hershel Walker."

Hahahahaha
The Godfather of Troll

Offline red hessian

• Professional Lawn Darts
  • Coach
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
  • Pickems Record: eleventy
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 07:40:52 AM »
Light fuse, get away

Offline The Ghost of Paul Fizzle

• The Shadow Council's Most Hated Man
  • Star
  • I can smell the Tang from a mile away
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 07:48:14 AM »
Ain't my fault you guys don't have a sense of humor
The Godfather of Troll

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »
Merle had to go. He was a lone wolf, and in a zombie apocalypse, can't have a prick like that putting the whole group in danger.  He had an honorable death,  IMO.....wonder how Daryl will deal with it?

Now for the finale. ..I will be recording it, as Game of Thrones starts Sunday.  I expect the prison/Woodbury storyline to be wrapped up. My guess is we will see 3-5 mainish type characters die.  Pretty sure Daryl,  Glen,Rick, Carl,  and Andrea are safe....as much as I would like to see Andrea go.  Last weeks episode has me wondering about Maggie which has me worried about Glen...that would suck.

If I was writing it,  I'd kill off everyone but Daryl,  Carl,  and Michonne.   Then they could spend a season showing how the whole damn thing started.  Old characters like Shane, Dale,  Merle,  etc could come back. ...plus they intertwine that with present day exploits....

Offline the_bandit

• Canadian Shithead
  • Star
  • Seahorse seahell
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 09:51:51 PM »
Merle had to go. He was a lone wolf, and in a zombie apocalypse, can't have a prick like that putting the whole group in danger.  He had an honorable death,  IMO.....wonder how Daryl will deal with it?

Now for the finale. ..I will be recording it, as Game of Thrones starts Sunday.  I expect the prison/Woodbury storyline to be wrapped up. My guess is we will see 3-5 mainish type characters die.  Pretty sure Daryl,  Glen,Rick, Carl,  and Andrea are safe....as much as I would like to see Andrea go.  Last weeks episode has me wondering about Maggie which has me worried about Glen...that would suck.

If I was writing it,  I'd kill off everyone but Daryl,  Carl,  and Michonne.   Then they could spend a season showing how the whole damn thing started.  Old characters like Shane, Dale,  Merle,  etc could come back. ...plus they intertwine that with present day exploits....

I just a preview of Law and Order or NCIS or some other generic show that had Maggie in it.  Combine that with the foreshadowing in the last episode...Maggie is cooked.  Ruins EVERYTHING for us comic guys.  Let's hope not.
tor2 notredame1 gb1

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 11:24:16 PM »
I just a preview of Law and Order or NCIS or some other generic show that had Maggie in it.  Combine that with the foreshadowing in the last episode...Maggie is cooked.  Ruins EVERYTHING for us comic guys.  Let's hope not.
I watched the episode, Bandit..she was only a special guest star...and it was not one of those to be continued things...I did see where one of the actors on WD is starring in a new pilot though...won't ruin it for everyone else ; but I saw it on the same site where I saw the actors who played Dale and Shane were going to be on the Darabont show Lost Angels...before they were killed off WD.

Offline DLPackers

• 2011 NFL Champs - Packers!!!
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 05:57:41 AM »
I sure hope we wrap up the Woodbury/Prison thing this season. It's really gotten to slow with the same thing going back and forth now.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:51:16 PM by DLPackers »
So I am a Packers fan in North Carolina, that just means I'm smarter than the rest of 'em!!!

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2013, 06:05:25 AM »
My wife and I were watching some of last season's episodes.  It was amazing how slow things were until the barn episode and I mean right up until that scene not the entire episode.  I can handle the build up of Woodbury vs the prison but I do think they stretched it out a bit too long. 

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2013, 02:33:30 PM »
If things play out like they did in the comics, then we are in for an epic finale....all I am going to say.

IMDB had what I would consider a major spoiler up earlier today..it has since been taken down...but if it is true, we are in for a major...MAJOR game change...like heads will explode reveal!  Stay tuned amigos...

Offline RC Philly

• Cooler than Pittsburgh.
  • Veteran
  • [applaud] [smite]
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 12:28:39 AM »
Don't know if anyone saw this on the AMC site, but if not, try it out and see who you get:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/which-character-are-you-2

It's a little 7 question quiz that you take and based on your answers, they say which character on the show you are most like.

I took it and got Rick. Which I would think suits me better than most others. Glad I wasn't a Carol or even a Merle. I could've lived with being a Glenn also.

Along with the answer of "Rick", it says this:

"In another life, you believed in the inherent good in people, even when individuals proved you wrong. But the strain of the apocalypse has taken its toll; now you're willing to do whatever's necessary to keep your loved ones alive. Where once you relied on others' input, you now act unilaterally. You're strong, determined, and sometimes ruthless in carrying out a course of action.

As the death toll mounts, you find the burden of leadership overwhelming, and your grasp on reality slipping."

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2013, 07:32:11 AM »
I got Rick, too, RC.  Now I'm gonna go back and give extreme answers.

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2013, 07:39:50 AM »
Lol.  Merle.  Kinda predictable.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2013, 11:03:05 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I was Rick also...figured I am more of a Daryl type...I wouldn't want a bunch of people slowing me down, but I would help when needed.  Just glad I wasn't Andrea or the Governor haha1

Offline Scuba061

• Call me Pretty Boy
  • Star
  • Forget money, send BEER to Scuba061!
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »
Well now look at that. An uplifting end?
I'm not drunk. I'm just exhausted from drinking all night.

Offline DLPackers

• 2011 NFL Champs - Packers!!!
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2013, 09:09:54 PM »
Well, not as good as I expected...

Could we have gotten rid of the governer?
So I am a Packers fan in North Carolina, that just means I'm smarter than the rest of 'em!!!

Offline red hessian

• Professional Lawn Darts
  • Coach
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
  • Pickems Record: eleventy
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »
Well, I didn't see the  Gov doin that
Light fuse, get away