Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 4866 times)

Offline DLPackers

• 2011 NFL Champs - Packers!!!
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Packers number one!!!
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »
I can't say I saw that, but something extreme like it for sure.
So I am a Packers fan in North Carolina, that just means I'm smarter than the rest of 'em!!!

Offline Scuba061

• Call me Pretty Boy
  • Star
  • Forget money, send BEER to Scuba061!
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2013, 09:18:15 PM »
Well, I didn't see the  Gov doin that

I didn't until about 2 or 3 seconds before it happened with the way they had the voices kind of echoing and seeing the Gov just stare into space. I was thinking "oh man, he's going to gun them all down".

Of course, I never really did see it coming other than the instant and brief foreshadowing.
I'm not drunk. I'm just exhausted from drinking all night.

Offline Fog

• RIP TS65
  • Administrator
  • Coach
  • Selfies R Cool
  • Pickems Record: 12/16
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2013, 09:45:08 PM »
Just over an hour for me....
NAPA KNOW HOW sea1

Offline Fog

• RIP TS65
  • Administrator
  • Coach
  • Selfies R Cool
  • Pickems Record: 12/16
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2013, 10:07:08 PM »
this is the episode I'm watching now

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2521172/

NAPA KNOW HOW sea1

Offline RC Philly

• Cooler than Pittsburgh.
  • Veteran
  • [applaud] [smite]
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2013, 10:44:54 PM »
It was a little disappointing that there wasn't more of a battle between the Gov and his crew and the prison folk. The prison crew kinda had the advantage in expecting them and being able to prepare and having the home field.. and I was kinda surprised when the Gov and all his guys just walked right inside, I mean every door and step they took could have been booby trapped for all they knew. And even when they retreated, I still expected them to regroup and go back or at least head back to Woodbury and prepare there.. instead, the Gov goes cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs and did Rick's work for him. And now he and his mini-crew are AWOL.. where the hell did they run off to now?

Wasn't Rick and the gang packing everything up into the cars? So why did they bring all the Woodbury folk back to the prison and act like they are holing up there? Aren't they leaving? If not, what was the point in packing the cars?? I don't know about that group tho.. they didn't add many more fighters, except to get Tyreese and his sis back.. everyone else is mostly too old or too young.. that oughtta make for great stories down the line. /sarcasm

Now that Rick seems to be over his delusions, Carl seems to have a screw loose. He wants to get his bloodlust on. Kill them all!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:47:50 PM by RC Philly »

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2013, 06:17:13 AM »
Well, now that Andrea bit the bullet (literally) I guess Walking Dead fans are going to have to pick another character to wish dead.  Carl is my choice right now, lol.  Who was the first?  Shane?  Yeah, probably Shane, but then the full on Lori hate kicked in. I think at one point she was easily the most despised character on the set, maybe even more than Merle or the Governor. 

I might be losing interest a bit.  Time will tell.  I know after last year's final episode I was totally looking forward to the new season, then at the break this year they totally had me with what was going to happen to Merle and Daryl.  This season's end?  Not so much.  The Governor is definitely a loose thread, Carl looks like he's going to be the next jackass and as already mentioned, lots of mouths to feed added but not much in terms of muscle. 

As far as the prison scene goes, that's what happens when you take an untrained force into a situation like that.  Even the Governor admitted it during his and Rick's conversation in that shack.  He had lots of firepower but they weren't battle tested. 
Everyone should believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

Offline red hessian

• Professional Lawn Darts
  • Coach
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
  • Pickems Record: eleventy
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2013, 08:50:49 AM »
I wanted Carl dead from the start, but I officially find him interesting. He's been getting colder and colder, and now hit hit the ball out of the park poppin that guy.

Carl can live.

at this point i don't want anybody dead, but Herschel's daughter Beth can certainly go.

honestly, i thought Herschel himself was doomed at the end of this season. 
Light fuse, get away

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2013, 02:09:37 PM »
The finale gets a 1 meh out of 3 from me.  I wanted Andrea to go, but that was a pretty lame way, IMO.  Dale got his guts ripped open, Shane got killed twice...even Hershel's family got better deaths. 

The battle was pretty anti-climatic...although the booby traps were pretty cool.  Overall I have slowly been losing interest in the show.  I like the Governor as the bad guy, but how much worse can he get?  Maybe they start next season with him kicking some puppies or something grin1

Season 1>Season 2>Season 3 IMO.  Now we wait to see if they right the ship in season 4..won't be holding my breath..
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline RC Philly

• Veteran
  • [applaud] [smite]
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 01:09:58 AM »
Bringing this thread back to life.. so to speak.

Have ya taken The Walking Dead Ultimate Fan Game quiz?

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/ultimate-fan-game/3236

I normally have a poor memory with things like this, and it didn't disappoint here. I only got half the questions correct, although a couple of them I was gonna pick the right answer and then chose differently at the last second. Didn't help that it's been a little while since the show's been on, and some questions go back a ways. One I got wrong cuz I couldn't remember the minor characters names.. who the hell can keep them straight? I ended with 80 points cuz I got the triple score bonus question at the end right.

Offline RC Philly

• Veteran
  • [applaud] [smite]
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2013, 12:29:39 AM »
This isn't "The Walking Dead" related, but it is zombie related, in case anyone is a fan of anything zombie. There is a show coming on BBC America Thursday night (tonight, June 6) called "In The Flesh". It'll be airing in 3 parts on consecutive nights (Thu-Fri-Sat) all airing from 10-11:15 PM EDT. Apparently this thing already aired on a channel called BBC3 back in March and has already been renewed for a second season (I guess the 3 episodes this week constitutes a whole first season).

Anyway, I think this show makes zombies a little different than we're used to. I believe they are faster and don't just wander around aimlessly doing nothing but trying to bite people.. they're more like people with a disease. In fact, the zombies here are known as "PDS sufferers", with PDS meaning "Partially Deceased Syndrome".. and more affectionately known as "rotters".

Here is a link to the BBC America website about the show if you want to read up on it, and watch some video clips and whatnot: http://www.bbcamerica.com/in-the-flesh/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:34:06 AM by RC Philly »

Offline ninermanic63

• %*&$##@&^
  • Icon
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2013, 06:21:31 AM »
Cool beans, RC.  Thanks for the heads up.  Fast zombies are very creepy.  The zombies in the Dawn of the Dead remake were really fast and the zombie things in I Am Legend were also very fast.  Oh and also on 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later.
Everyone should believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

Offline Khep

• King
  • Star
  • Go Cuse!
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »
Hoping for another great episode.

Offline Gettin Funky

• NGS is the Best
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »
Hoping for another great episode.

I really like that show. So many twists and turns.

Offline Khep

• King
  • Star
  • Go Cuse!
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2014, 05:19:23 PM »
Last night wasn't one of the best, there is always next week.

Offline jannugimes

• NGS is the Best
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2014, 12:35:33 PM »
Season 1 of The Walking Dead was a lot better than the other seasons. :/