Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 2990 times)

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
Game of Thrones
« on: March 30, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »
One more day until the greatest TV show ever made has the season 3 premiere!  Can.Not.Wait.  This thread is not spoiler free...there will be discussions about what is going on this season and what has went on in the past 2, so if you haven't watched the show or read the books...well you're an idiot grin1 and you probably don't want to read this thread.

The 3rd book in the George RR Martin series A Song of Ice and Fire..."Storm of Swords" is by far the best...so action packed that HBO will split it into two seasons of television.  Betrayal, power struggles, death, and of course hot nekkid women...what makes me love this show so much. 
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 06:51:41 PM »
Damn. 
I guess we'll have to wait until the next episode to catch up with Arya and Bran and Co.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »
Damn. 
I guess we'll have to wait until the next episode to catch up with Arya and Bran and Co.
Hey Cali.

Yes we will, but a damn good 1st episode IMO.  Can't think of another show that can run that man storylines at once and keep the viewers attention.  Have you read the books?

Your avi is the definition of a cold hearted woman..man she is evil!

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 07:17:14 PM »
Hello, Dee.

Yep, I was happy with first episode.  I was going to read the books before I started watching, but then had a chance to watch it for free, before I bought the first book.  Now, I'm so caught up in the show, I'm hesitating reading them, because I don't want to know what happens.

Cersei is definitely a piece of work...she does what she needs to survive.  One of the things I find fascinating about her is how brutal she can be, and yet she's horrified by her son.  Interesting psychology at work.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 07:32:07 PM »
btw, Chief - I saw you peeking at this thread, earlier.

Don't read it until you're caught up on episodes.  We could easily end up talking about something you haven't seen, yet!
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 07:55:56 PM »
Hello, Dee.

Yep, I was happy with first episode.  I was going to read the books before I started watching, but then had a chance to watch it for free, before I bought the first book.  Now, I'm so caught up in the show, I'm hesitating reading them, because I don't want to know what happens.

Cersei is definitely a piece of work...she does what she needs to survive.  One of the things I find fascinating about her is how brutal she can be, and yet she's horrified by her son.  Interesting psychology at work.
Don't read them!  They are really great, but I find myself comparing the show with them...sucks sometimes.  This season is going to be great...as I mentioned above, it follows the best book by far.

I read an interview with George Martin, and he said he writes the characters as grey as possible...I think they are doing a great job of translating that to TV...Cersei...she is probably the closest to a true villain on the show.

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »
Don't read them!  They are really great, but I find myself comparing the show with them...sucks sometimes.  This season is going to be great...as I mentioned above, it follows the best book by far.

I read an interview with George Martin, and he said he writes the characters as grey as possible...I think they are doing a great job of translating that to TV...Cersei...she is probably the closest to a true villain on the show.

I will read them, eventually,
But that was the other thought I had...
I want to just watch the show for what it is,
And not be comparing to the books.

I think Geoffrey may be the true villain.  He has no sense of conscience, whatsoever, about anything he does, or sees.  I think his cruelty runs even deeper than Cersei's.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Shakes

• Contributing Member
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »
Don't worry I havent read the posts. Except the one where I saw my screen name. lol

Offline RC Philly

• Cooler than Pittsburgh.
  • Veteran
  • [applaud] [smite]
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 11:32:18 PM »
There seems to be way too many shows where they don't show Daenerys at all, or just once near the end or something. I realize there are a ton of characters in the show, and spread out all over the place, and they can't fit them all in every show.. but Daenerys is one they need to try to fit in as much as they can. I always look forward to her story, and I hate when it never comes on. To me, she's the star of the show.. her, and her dragons.. they need to be treated as such.

I'm fairly new to the show, as I didn't have HBO until very recently, and I did a couple of marathon sessions with watching a full season during a weekend, twice, to catch up. Now I have to wait a week just to watch one episode.. I don't know if I can handle that. I almost feel like I should wait til it's all over then watch it all at once again.. but I know I wouldn't be able to hold out.

Oh.. I also wanna see more of the White Walkers. They seem to be what everyone's afraid of, and yet barely get any screen time at all. I wanna see what they're up to.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »
RC, as the season goes on, she will get significant more screen time. Again, I have the benefit of have read the books, so just be patient.  Curious as to where they will split up the 3rd book...I have a good idea, but since they only have an hour to fit in a TON of material, some of the good stuff may not make it to TV.

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 12:28:21 AM »
There seems to be way too many shows where they don't show Daenerys at all, or just once near the end or something. I realize there are a ton of characters in the show, and spread out all over the place, and they can't fit them all in every show.. but Daenerys is one they need to try to fit in as much as they can. I always look forward to her story, and I hate when it never comes on. To me, she's the star of the show.. her, and her dragons.. they need to be treated as such.

I'm fairly new to the show, as I didn't have HBO until very recently, and I did a couple of marathon sessions with watching a full season during a weekend, twice, to catch up. Now I have to wait a week just to watch one episode.. I don't know if I can handle that. I almost feel like I should wait til it's all over then watch it all at once again.. but I know I wouldn't be able to hold out.

Oh.. I also wanna see more of the White Walkers. They seem to be what everyone's afraid of, and yet barely get any screen time at all. I wanna see what they're up to.

RC - I watched the first 2 seasons on On Demand...
Several marathon viewing sessions.
I'm realizing I got spoiled by getting so much of the story in one fell swoop.
Only seeing an hours worth of new material is driving me a lil nuts.
I had the same thought you did...wait until the season is over, and watch all the episodes over a weekend.
Alas, I know I couldn't wait, either.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Shakes

• Contributing Member
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 04:09:51 PM »
You really have to hand it to them for that great ending last night. grin1

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 06:00:18 PM »
That was an excellent episode last night....I wish I didn't know where it's all headed  chic1

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Coach
  • PIV is always rape, ok?!
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 09:29:58 PM »
That was an excellent episode last night....I wish I didn't know where it's all headed  chic1
You don't thought, right ?  Aren't there 2+ books left to be written ?

Also, how faithful to the books has the series been ?  Are the characters dying at the right times ?  (I tried reading the first book, and had to quit after 80 pages.)
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 03:18:36 PM »
What was with Jamie Lannister trying to "protect" Brienne of Tarth?
Plotting an escape?
You know there has to be an ulterior motive.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Shakes

• Contributing Member
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 03:24:51 PM »
I would think so. Locke (played by Noah taylor) basically told Jamie that he always uses his name to get out of everything and that wouldn't work this time. I figured he was just trying to sweet talk his way out of it. Either way she owes him big time now considering he lost his hand to help her.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 06:48:16 PM »
You don't thought, right ?  Aren't there 2+ books left to be written ?

Also, how faithful to the books has the series been ?  Are the characters dying at the right times ?  (I tried reading the first book, and had to quit after 80 pages.)
Yeah..I meant what was going to happen this season.  The series has been pretty faithful to the books, although there have been some characters who are already dead in the books but still alive on the show, and vice versa.  The writer of the books has told the show creators roughly were things are going and who ends up on the Iron Throne, just in case.  Martin is in his 70's

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Coach
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 11:57:38 AM »
Yeah..I meant what was going to happen this season.  The series has been pretty faithful to the books, although there have been some characters who are already dead in the books but still alive on the show, and vice versa.  The writer of the books has told the show creators roughly were things are going and who ends up on the Iron Throne, just in case.  Martin is in his 70's
I'm enjoying the show immensely, though Martin looks like the world's oldest and biggest dungeon master.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 12:21:23 PM »
I'm enjoying the show immensely, though Martin looks like the world's oldest and biggest dungeon master.
In a way he is....the episodes he writes are always the best...the "Blackwater" episode last year might have been the best hour in TV history.  I have a feeling the one he is writing this year will come close to matching it...2nd to last one of the season, and depending on where they split the book..it will probably leave a lot of viewers thinking "wtf just happened?"

Offline Raylan Michael Molnar

• Coach
  • "You gonna 'pull' on me?"
  • Pickems Record: 81 and counting.
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »
I am not watching Game of Thrones until someone assures me the Boy King is dead.   Funny how a story boils my blood everytime I see that little bastard.

I had a hard enough time with Frank Gallagher.

Nice outfit, Baby.

ana2  sd3

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »
I am not watching Game of Thrones until someone assures me the Boy King is dead.   Funny how a story boils my blood everytime I see that little bastard.

Yes..the little inbred ticks me off everytime he is on screen...

The first season of Shamless(US) was good..but it has went downhill since..I don't even watch it anymore.

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »

That kid need to die a slow and excruciatingly painful death.

At least Frank is funny...beyond fucked up, but funny.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Shakes

• Contributing Member
  • All Time Legend
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »
The way he talks to his mother makes me sick.

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Coach
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »

Yeah, the boy king's gonna die, and this season too.  I even know how he dies, but I'm not sure who murders him.  I don't think this is any great spoiler- as far as I know, Martin populated his story universe with 10,000 characters, just so that he can bump off 9,994 of them...
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2013, 04:27:13 PM »
Well, since you had to tell us he dies nutkick, could you please keep how to yourself?
Some of us are not reading the books, yet, just so we won't know what happens.
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1