Author Topic: NCAA BASEBALL  (Read 5687 times)

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
"If you make every game a life or death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot." DES

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
Re: NCAA BASEBALL
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »
OUCH!  Heels get clobbered in the first game.  Have to come back through the losers bracket.

Good luck Any...don't want us to meet in the losers breacket game this early!
"If you make every game a life or death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot." DES

Offline dissident

• Starter
  • 404 Error
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2013, 06:15:21 PM »
1st team out...UofL...which is bittersweet to me...
Are they that bad, or is the field that good?
IU is about to find out?

Offline Canes Canes Canes

• Star
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2013, 10:55:08 PM »
Tough one for the Hoosiers tonight.  Tomorrow's games are the reverse of what I think everyone thought would be the matchups.  Either LSU or the Heels are going 2 and 'cue . . . Ouch.
I can't complain, and no one would listen anyway.

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay.  Bring me another beer.'"  --Mickey Lolich

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2013, 06:32:19 PM »
Andy, I am sorry we had to meet in the first elimination game.  I was really hoping that we could fight it out in a best of three series.  Happy for my Heels and hope that we can at least make you guys proud of us by winning it all now!

Offline andyham1

• Star
  • ..RJ.....Rest in Peace, friend! We will miss you
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2013, 08:58:28 AM »
Congrats Gnat!  You guys played great and we sucked, as soon as we got to Omaha. LSU played good ball all the way up to the first CWS game, then as I was afraid would happen all year, we hit a slump.
I gotta say, it is the first time I have ever seen the Tigers go 2 and BBq in any series!
BUT THE HEELS ARE PEAKING and GOOD LUCK!  I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS GO ALL THE WAY!
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11
NCAA FINAL FOUR 1953,81 86,87,2006
NCAA CWS 1986,87,89,90,91,93,94,96,97,98,2000,03,04,09

Offline Zimmy07

• Star
  • Sesquipedalophobia is just mean.
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »
Gnat, good luck tonight against the Beavers.

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2013, 04:50:31 PM »
Carolina eliminates NC State and their stud pitcher Carlos Rodon to advance to play UCLA.  Don't know much about the Bruins except that statistically, they have the best pitching.  Have to beat them twice to advance though.

MSU just knocked off the Beavers, so the SEC puts yet another team in the Championship series.

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
Oh, what could have been.  Congrats to UCLA and Miss. St. for making it to the Championship Series. 

• Star
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2013, 05:35:18 PM »
Of all the good teams in the SEC,  Missy St. is the last one standing.  Hard to believe.

So are we rooting for them, or do we want a Pac-12 repeat? 

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay.  Bring me another beer.'"  --Mickey Lolich

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2013, 06:02:22 PM »
Been thinking a lot about that.  UCLA has been there a bunch lately and I hate UCLA.  That being said, not sure i can stomach another SEC championship.

Can both teams lose twice and have a UNC vs. Ore. St. Rematch to decide it all?

• Star
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2013, 06:53:54 AM »
UCLA has been there a bunch, but had never won . . . Until last night.

I'll take that over FU or the Criminoles any day.  And for you, at least you got to end the Pack's season.

Offline Zimmy07

• Star
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2013, 08:16:04 AM »
I watched the first game of UCLA v Miss St.

It looks like UCLA was playing a road game at Miss St from the crowd.  Congrats to the Bruins.

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2013, 08:09:14 PM »
It is interesting how TD Ameritrade Park forces you to play a different brand of baseball.  Congrats to UCLA for figuring that out.  With the wind blowing in, you turn college baseball into a pitching and small ball match-up.

Offline Zimmy07

• Star
« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »
It is interesting how TD Ameritrade Park forces you to play a different brand of baseball.  Congrats to UCLA for figuring that out.  With the wind blowing in, you turn college baseball into a pitching and small ball match-up.

It looked to me as if the UCLA pitchers were trying to pitch to contact counting on fielding a lot more than the Miss St pitchers were.

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »
I agree Z.  They left a lot of pitches up in the zone without worry...almost like they were trying to force the fly out.

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
Have been vacationing in the Bahamas, so I missed what high school signees signed pro contracts (wasn't that the 14th?)  Anyone of you guys lose an important prospect?

Offline andyham1

• Star
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »
Sorry Gnat!
Forgot about this thread topic!

Went to the LSU/Arkansas game last night! Saw the BEST Pitcher in Ncaa baseball throw 12 S.O. after 7 and give up only 1 run in the 7th!
Its easy to see why the kid will be the #1 MLB pick next season!

The team as a whole is having a soso season by LSU standards, ranked 8th nationally with the BEST pitching in the land, they are having some problems hitting consistently and they are making too many mistakes defensively/base running!
They may have turned a corner last night though! They are still very young, but who isnt!
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2014, 05:10:08 PM »
Hey guys. Didn't know this board existed till now. My nephew plays ball for San Diego State. Any other relatives out there.

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2014, 07:15:16 PM »
Ok, my apologies for neglecting this thread.  With the dismal season my Heels had, I didn't devote as much time to the topic as I normally do.

We are up against the pro signing deadline.  Did everyone fair okay?  We lost 6 out of our top 7 recruits to the MLB.

Offline andyham1

• Star
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2015, 10:18:07 AM »
As I posted previously, LSU doesnt look to have their usual team this season. No upper classmen on team, everyone playing ML. However, overlooking the dismal opener to instate rival and pretty good Nichols State, LSU swept 3 from Boston College this wknd.
As season progresses Tigers should find their game(Maneri teams always do)

Good Luck to the Heels Gnat!
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11