Author Topic: NCAA BASEBALL  (Read 5754 times)

Offline Canes Canes Canes

• Star
  • Living The Dream
Re: NCAA BASEBALL
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »
Just as predicted . . . Miami loses to BC 1-0.  BC is now 1-20 in the conference.  Ugh.
I can't complain, and no one would listen anyway.

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay.  Bring me another beer.'"  --Mickey Lolich

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »
Just as predicted . . . Miami loses to BC 1-0.  BC is now 1-20 in the conference.  Ugh.

You called it!  Not sure how BC scored 1!!
"If you make every game a life or death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot." DES

Offline hawgwildbomber

• Backup
  • Woooo PIG Sooooooie
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 03:43:25 AM »
Arkansas still not hitting well, but beat Georgia 2-0 Friday. Hogs vs Georgia Saturday game will be on Fox Sports SW @ 1100 today. Plan to watch the Hogs beat Georgia and then turn to ESPN and watch UNC beat NC State.  Gnat and Canes have a good Saturday.
Woooo PIG Soooooie

Offline hawgwildbomber

• Backup
  • Woooo PIG Sooooooie
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2013, 06:31:26 PM »
Hogs beat Georgia 2-1 today and lead series 2-0. I was expecting to watch the UNC / NC State game today, but it's not on til tomorrow. I looked at the program guide wrong!

Woooo PIG Soooooie

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »
Hey fellas.  Not much for NCAA baseball, as Iowa's program is not very good, and could possibly be on the chopping block.  One great promotion they are using to try to get people in the stands...if you bring your ticket stub from an Iowa baseball game to a local bar, you get $3 pitchers of Bud/Bud Light and 50% off appetizers.
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline hawgwildbomber

• Backup
  • Woooo PIG Sooooooie
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 08:23:34 PM »
Hey fellas.  Not much for NCAA baseball, as Iowa's program is not very good, and could possibly be on the chopping block.  One great promotion they are using to try to get people in the stands...if you bring your ticket stub from an Iowa baseball game to a local bar, you get $3 pitchers of Bud/Bud Light and 50% off appetizers.

Dee, that sounds like a good Deal. Baseball and cheap beer and appetizers!
Woooo PIG Soooooie

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 08:55:29 PM »
Hogs beat Georgia 2-1 today and lead series 2-0. I was expecting to watch the UNC / NC State game today, but it's not on til tomorrow. I looked at the program guide wrong!

It was on ESPN3 tonight.  Not sure they will get that game in tomorrow...weather is supposed to be terrible.

NC State handed UNC their 4th loss of the season (7-3).  Carlos Rodon shut us down tonight.  We were able to get 7 hits off of him, but were held scoreless until his replacement came in.  By then, it was too late.
"If you make every game a life or death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot." DES

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 10:17:31 PM »
Well, UNC caught a break in the rankings as LSU dropped one to South Carolina in the 9th 4-2 and Virginia Tech won their series against Virginia. 

• Star
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »
Well, UNC caught a break in the rankings as LSU dropped one to South Carolina in the 9th 4-2 and Virginia Tech won their series against Virginia. 

Miami came back and won on Saturday 5-0, but dropped the Sunday game in 11 innings.  So, BC goes from having zero conference wins to winning the series.  Ugh.

The good news is barring a complete collapse Miami should make the ACC tourney as Duke and Maryland have fallen off the pace, and Miami has a home series with Wake left where they should pick up a couple wins.  Of course, after dropping 2 to BC I don't know what to expect any more.  They'd better be careful, they might have gone from safely in the NCAA postseason to on the chopping block after that pitiful performance.

LSU drops 2 of 3 to Cocky, so Vandy moves up in some rankings, while the Duckies sweep Stanford.  Guess that Nike money will help build a program in a hurry that didn't exist 5 years ago . . .

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay.  Bring me another beer.'"  --Mickey Lolich

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »
Guess that Nike money will help build a program in a hurry that didn't exist 5 years ago . . .

There is a little college in Eugene, OR that would agree with you on that!

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 11:17:06 AM »
Big SEC series this weekend with Vandy at USC.  Vandy took the first game last night 5-4.

• Star
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 04:07:02 PM »
Vandy won today 5-2. 

Canes won their game last night over St. John's 12-3.  Finally got some run production.  Hopefully now they are getting hot and it will carry over into the postseason.

Offline hawgwildbomber

• Backup
  • Woooo PIG Sooooooie
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 10:15:27 PM »
Arkansas took the series from Kentucky 2-1 this past week end, close to a sweep but allowed Kentucky to score 3 runs in the 9th with 2 outs in game 3 and lost 4-3. Hogs are 32-16 on the year and 15-8 in SEC with series against Tennessee and Auburn remaining.
Woooo PIG Soooooie

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 06:08:50 PM »
Arkansas took the series from Kentucky 2-1 this past week end, close to a sweep but allowed Kentucky to score 3 runs in the 9th with 2 outs in game 3 and lost 4-3. Hogs are 32-16 on the year and 15-8 in SEC with series against Tennessee and Auburn remaining.

Y'all should win both of those Hawg.

We are finally playing tonight after a week off for final exams.  Top of the 4th, Heels lead 4-0 against James Madison.

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »
Heels win 9-5.  Should have been an easy win, but they allowed JMU to score 5 runs in the 7th when our pitchers couldn't find the plate.  Record is now 34-4 with another game against JMU scheduled for tomorrow.  I thought the rust would be on the aluminum bats, but it was on our pitching staff.  We used 6 pitchers tonight!

• Star
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
Miami swept St. John's last weekend to get to 32-18 on the season, but they are 11-13 in conference.  That is good enough to make the conf. tourney if they don't blow it, they are only 2 games ahead of Duke but the schedule favors Miami.  Canes go to Wake this weekend while the Dukies go to UVa. I think 2 wins will do it as I expect the Dukies to get swept.  Miami then gets Ga. Tech at home next weekend while the Dukies get NC St. at home, hopefully it won't matter at that point.

Offline Raylan Michael Molnar

• Coach
  • "You gonna 'pull' on me?"
  • Pickems Record: 81 and counting.
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2013, 07:07:20 PM »
http://www.gohighlanders.com/custompages/Baseball/2013/teamgbg.htm#TEAM.GLI

Just saying hi on behalf of the UC Riverside Highlanders.  Go Braveheart!  Go Highlanders!

(10-26 doesn't spawn a lot of pride, but it's all we got because the golf team is actually better and the basketball team is worse.)

Nice outfit, Baby.

ana2  sd3

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 08:10:46 PM »
MM, they will be back.  Just give it time.  Cal teams are never down for long.

Heels beat JMU last night 6-1 in a rain-shortenend outing....now 44-4 on the year.  UNC and FSU just announced they will play one game against each other on May 20th in Chapel Hill to make up a game both teams lost due to weather.  Since it is not an originally scheduled ACC game, it won't count toward the conference standings.  Sort of a tune up for both teams just before the ACC tournament.  FSU was the only ACC team not on our schedule this year so it is creating quite the buzz in Chapel Hill.

• Star
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2013, 07:08:29 AM »
If you "speak" to any Criminole fans, please remind them they have the most trips to the CWS without ever winning.  Always a bridesmaid . . .

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »
If you "speak" to any Criminole fans, please remind them they have the most trips to the CWS without ever winning.  Always a bridesmaid . . .

I probably won't go to the game, however, my in-laws are all FSU grads, so I do occassionally have to hold back that thought.  We aren't any better LOL!

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 08:33:16 PM »
The Heels go down 5-4 to Ga. Tech tonight on a walk-off home run...against our best pitcher.  Might be a long weekend for the Heels as they are out hit tonight 11-6.

Offline hawgwildbomber

• Backup
  • Woooo PIG Sooooooie
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2013, 12:44:57 AM »
The Heels go down 5-4 to Ga. Tech tonight on a walk-off home run...against our best pitcher.  Might be a long weekend for the Heels as they are out hit tonight 11-6.

Arkansas had a bad day also. Lost 8-3 to Tennessee at home. Most runs the Hogs have given up all season. Need to bounce back and take the next 2 games.
Woooo PIG Soooooie

• Star
  • Living The Dream
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2013, 09:32:45 AM »
Canes took care of business against Wake Forest winning 8-3.  Miami is still 8th for ACC tourney seeding but one more win and they can solidify their chances of making the tourney as they will eliminate Wake and Maryland.  The only team that has a realistic shot of catching them is Duke, who lost to the Wahoos last night 6-5.  Miami is 3 up on the Dookies w/5 to play so I think they are in decent shape, especially since Dook's schedule is tougher 2 more vs. UVA then 3 vs. NC St.) than the Canes (2 more vs. Wake then 3 at home vs GT).

Offline SuperGnat

• Star
  • I got this!
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2013, 09:34:30 PM »
Carolina takes care of the Jackets tonight 3-0.  Sophmore Benton Moss pitched his career longest outing going 8 innings and giving up only two hits and two walks.  Once again, we had trouble hitting, but scored just enough to run the series even.  Rubber match tommorow at 1:00 PM.  Win that one and the Wahoos would need to sweep us to win the division (assuming they don't lose a game this weekend).  Record stands at 45-5.

Offline hawgwildbomber

• Backup
  • Woooo PIG Sooooooie
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »
Arkansas takes game 2 against Tennessee 11-1 to even series. I don't know how they managed to lose game 1.
Woooo PIG Soooooie