Author Topic: Louisiana State Fighting Tigers  (Read 286 times)

Offline andyham1

• Star
  • ..RJ.....Rest in Peace, friend! We will miss you
Louisiana State Fighting Tigers
« on: May 14, 2013, 07:03:29 PM »
The Tigers lost quite a few starters on defense to the NFL(they also lost a starting RB and probably the best punter in CFB) as well. Combine that with Jeremy Hill (preseason all SEC RB) getting the boot, thanks to off field legal trouble(before coming to LSU) and it looks like LSU can afford NO INJURIES and the underclassmen BETTER step up, when the 2013 season begins!
A bright spot( I think) will be Off. Co. Cam Cameron coming to Baton Rouge, from the NFL RAVENS(in same capacity)  Looking at what has happened in Tigertown since the last NC in 2007, regarding the Offense, HE CAN ONLY BE AN IMPROVEMENT! If spring scrimmages are any indicators, it appears he will make that side of the ball equal to Chavis and the other side.
Its my belief and quite a few others, that if LSU had had a QB coach/Off. Co that was on par with La. Tech(lets just say) there would be at least 2 probably 3  more "crystal footballs" in the trophy case. Case in point is last year, BAMA would have gone down in Tiger Stadium( as they came 1 min 30 secs) from doing it anyway. That would have resulted in the NCG win against ND, despite the loss at UFla. It all depends on CAM, if he can motivate and help Mettenberger, Mett. has a lot of problems, but they are correctable, with the proper coaching. It will also do wonders that the play calling should be far LESS predictable, as it has been the last few years. The talent is there again, less expeienced than usual on the D side, but MORE experienced on the O side! This years big games have TAMU and UFLA coming to Death Valley, but LSU going to BAMA( where they have done pretty good lately) perfect10 We could see an SEC Champ again if we get some breaks!
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11
NCAA FINAL FOUR 1953,81 86,87,2006
NCAA CWS 1986,87,89,90,91,93,94,96,97,98,2000,03,04,09

Offline andyham1

• Star
Re: Louisiana State Fighting Tigers
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:14:07 PM »
*sorry, the 2011 undefeated regular season and SEC CG win was the result of GREAT D, turnovers, Great Special Team play and above all Superior Talent( on offense and D) Tyrann Matieu was a result of that. Its not POPULAR to give the boy props, but say what you want, the KID was a baller! Saban got his number in that NCG at the dome. Well, I hope so Nick, you were the highest paid coach in the land and you had 2 chances to do it. I dont think I would crow about that! Plus he isnt much taller than TRICKY NICKY, great coaching Nick, YOU DA MAN!
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11

Offline Sportfan01

• Coach
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »
All those players taken by the NFL says something about the coaching staff. Hopefully those junior players were paying attention.

Offline HogfaninTexas

• Star
  • John 14: 1-14
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »
In spite of losing so many players, LSU will be fine.  As a fan of the other half of the boot, I see it happen every freakin' season lol.  Mett can only improve after his season last year.  I'll say more about that under the portion I quoted.

A bright spot( I think) will be Off. Co. Cam Cameron coming to Baton Rouge, from the NFL RAVENS(in same capacity) 

No "might be" on whether or not he'll be a huge help - he will.  The Ravens were stupid for getting rid of Cam, and when I saw that he took that job with LSU, I was dumbfounded.  This guy has proven himself as a champion NFL OC, so LSU struck gold landing him.  Getting him down there coaching ZM throughout the off-season is the best thing that could've happened for your Tigers.
“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” -Aquinas

Offline andyham1

• Star
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »
Hogfan, I hope you are right. i have heard different takes on Cam and why they had a falling out at the Ravens. As I have said before, based on whats been going on in Baton Rouge since 2007, it can ONLY be an improvement.  No, in all seriousness, I think he will give LSU whats been missing from that team for quite some time.  Besides giving the Tigers a less predictable Offense, his help and guidance with those young and talented QBs is gonna go a long way!
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11

Offline andyham1

• Star
Re: Louisiana State Begins League Play with Auburn
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 02:39:38 PM »
The Tigers from the Plains travel to face the tigers from the bayou this saturday in Death Valley!
Auburn won a physical game with Miss. St., last wknd and the tilt with LSU promises to be the usual close, anything goes, pull a horseshoe out cha azz, knock down drag out affair it usually is!
The Bayou Bengals will be favored by a TD plus because of homefield and the new found Offense(not to slight Zach Mett) Cam helped awaken in TigerTown. A balanced attack, with Zach rated in the top 5 QBs in the nation, has got the tigers on a roll despite having to work in lots of youth on the D side of the ball.
History tells all fans of CFB not to miss this one despite low expectations of Auburns program this season. They are still undefeated and playing LSU in an SEC West showdown, IT WONT DISAPPOINT!
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11

Offline andyham1

• Star
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 07:55:26 AM »
Looking forward to what should be a knock down, drag out affair in Athens. Auburn gave LSU its first REAL test of the season and the fact it was an SEC WEST Conference game in a down pour made it that much more challenging.
If the Tigers pull this one out, the game against BAMA in early November could be for the National title like its really been the last few years.
Geaux Tigers!
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11

Offline Zimmy07

• Star
  • Sesquipedalophobia is just mean.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 08:28:14 AM »
If this were in Baton Rouge I would guess UGA wouldn't have a chance.  I picked LSU but think because the game is in Georgia it will probably be a close one.

Offline andyham1

• Star
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 08:51:29 PM »
TIGERS been a different kind of O this season because of Cam and what he has done for Mett.
GO TIGERS!  BEAT THOSE ... black bears?  HOW Fing  STUPID?  Been the damn Rebs since the Civil War and they change it to black :shock: bears?

Even the black players hate it!  IT MAKES NO SENSE.  Show some backbone REBELS!
Your southern brethren are turning over in the grave!  Black and White! whipdude
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11

Offline andyham1

• Star
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
This is the down time for ALL LSU football fans, oh sure TIGER BASEBALL has got us through these down times over the last 20 years, but even when we win the Nat Champ. in Omaha, it just makes us Jones MORE for football season.
Particularly this season with all the great recruits coming in.
We lose some players early to the NFL, but thats every year!  Tiger faithful are used to it.
One thing we arent used to is seeing our basketball team choking like dogs, after seeing the talent they have and always have!
LSU Roundballers have not recovered from the butt stroking Dale Brown put on em after he made his escape from Baton Rouge. Unfortunately he didnt do it before getting the tiger program put on the WORST PROBATION in NCAA history til that point in the nineties. A master motivator but a BAD COACH "who couldnt" (or better said) "who wouldnt" restrain his mouth and getting into hot water with the NCAA constantly.
He once called them Gestapo Bsterds, in a Sports Illustrated article.
His probation set LSU cagers back 2 decades and they finally started making some return to prominence back in  07 when HC John Brady took them back to the Final4 !  Then the genius AD Alleva fires him just 2 seasons later. Brady built that team that went undefeated in SEC and made sweet 16  HC Trent Johnsons first year! He was another melonhead as a Head coach, if LSU had had adequate coaching on the hardwood after Daddy Dale Brown, LSU would have 2-3 more final 4 appearances!
Well, this year will be good in Baseball, maybe even a Natty, a huge letdown in Basketball, and I will be going out of my mind waiting for the REAL # 1 sport to begin!

...AND expectations will be high, despite Lester "the QB molester" Miles! shock1
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11

Offline andyham1

• Star
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 08:23:44 AM »
Here we go Tigers, another winning, exciting season, starting with Wisconsin from the B10!

Look for LSU to be fast, spirited, talented, but YOUNG! We will have a QB that despite his age promises to be the best since Matt Mauck and Flynn. The Frosh RB will make us forget Jim Taylpr, Jerry Stovall and Charlie Alexander.
We will contend for No. 1, but run out of steam at the end.
Next season(2015) belongs to LSU!
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11

Offline A Wolverine Fire

• Star
  • All rise for RJ!
  • Pickems Record: 1000000-0 ibet Ditka
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
Andy, it will be interested to see if all the hype around Fournette is accurate or just the media being the media. The next AP is an interesting story; however, I'll still waiting for the second coming of Bo Jackson! That is a story I can get excited about.
towl      Hail! to the victors valiant. Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes. Hail! Hail! to michigan1 The leaders and best!      towl

Offline andyham1

• Star
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
Hear ya Fire, but the guy looks to be REAL.

He has been showing special talents the last 4 years thru HS and landed in Baton Rouge this past summer with both feet firmly planted. Made an A average with the 2 classes he took in the summer semester.
He showed coaches and teamates a willingness to work hard and fore go any play time   

Had the same coach @ the same HS as Honey Reefer  -  oops-uh. I mean Honey Badger(lol)

I dont like to predict anything BEFORE the season starts, particularly if its a true freshman. I will say though, you can hang ypur hat on the fact the kid is SPECIAL. Level headed, no showboating, good grades, fast, big and strong. A lot like Bo as you mention, but without the ability to split an arrow at 50 yards! what1   grin1 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:50:45 PM by andyham1 »
BCS NCG 2003,07, and 11

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • See y'all later, TS65 and tg
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:15 AM »
Good luck to y'all, Saturday night. Have us a good tussle with no injuries.

How about this scenario? Wisconsin wins by a FG in OT. Both win out and meet in the NC game
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

LIVE FREE OR DIE

As a general rule of thumb, it’s a bad idea to try to rob the home of people who decorate with animal skulls."

Offline A Wolverine Fire

• Star
  • All rise for RJ!
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 05:41:18 AM »
Hear ya Fire, but the guy looks to be REAL.

He has been showing special talents the last 4 years thru HS and landed in Baton Rouge this past summer with both feet firmly planted. Made an A average with the 2 classes he took in the summer semester.
He showed coaches and teamates a willingness to work hard and fore go any play time   

Had the same coach @ the same HS as Honey Reefer  -  oops-uh. I mean Honey Badger(lol)

I dont like to predict anything BEFORE the season starts, particularly if its a true freshman. I will say though, you can hang ypur hat on the fact the kid is SPECIAL. Level headed, no showboating, good grades, fast, big and strong. A lot like Bo as you mention, but without the ability to split an arrow at 50 yards! what1   grin1 

haha1 I hope so. Like you said, so far the kid is doing everything right. I hope it stays that way. I hate seeing really talented kids get wrapped up in entitlement B.S. and end up doing more harm than good. He definitely has the tools to make it big in CFB. Assuming nothing bad happens, it will be fun watching him for the next three years.
towl      Hail! to the victors valiant. Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes. Hail! Hail! to michigan1 The leaders and best!      towl

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 08:28:55 AM »
Go Badgers Go!
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Offline Zimmy07

• Star
  • Sesquipedalophobia is just mean.
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 09:33:38 AM »
I'm hearing that tickets are going for more than Texans tickets go for.  WTF?
I might have gone if they were reasonably priced.  I guess I'll have to root against both teams on my couch.

Offline A Wolverine Fire

• Star
  • All rise for RJ!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
Why not root for Wisconsin Zim? It's always better to be a 1 loss Alabama in the SEC than an undefeated Boise St. in the WAC.