Author Topic: JaMarcus Russell......should we ????  (Read 380 times)

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
JaMarcus Russell......should we ????
« on: June 08, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »
The more I read about Russell trying to make a comeback and Jeff Garcia's comments on his new mental attitude the more I would like to see the Vikings bring him in.......Here is why ........ Russell would come very, very cheap with no gaurantee required. Would probably need a solid year to develope and learn our offence. He, IMO would be the perferct number 3 QB for our team. If he proves he's mentally ready like Garcia states we could have our QB of the future should Ponder have another season like last. I like the move simply because it would be no risk with some upside. It's not like Ponder has proven he'll be the answer and if he does and Russell improves we let go Cassell after the season and have a solid 1-2 QB rotation. 6 months ago I would have said no way in hell but now I'd like the move.   Comments ???

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
Re: JaMarcus Russell......should we ????
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:47:23 PM »
No. The Bears are going o.

T-junk was cut today. Have we fired everyone who drafted him yet?
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »
Hutch I brought this up on See BS and I was almost crucified for even thinking about it. I still think he is worth at least looking at, but only if the price is right. From what I hear Vandenberg out of Iowa did a nice job in OTA's and mini-camp. I think he may be our #3 QB.
min1 stl3

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »
sorry for not responding back sooner........I get why some may not want him especially after what he did after making millions in gaurantee. I really like the signing of Bishop and we are looking really solid everywhere outside of QB. I'm glad Vandenburg did a nice job in OTA's but do we really want to go into this season with Ponder, Cassell and Vandenburg ? Personally I don't......  what QB's are out there that atleast have an outside shot at being a solid starter ??? Not many......one thing about Russell is he'll need awhile to learn an offence and get game ready so an ideal number 3 to start the season IMO. The one thing about Russell is he has talent and a great athelete for his size...he was just a lazy phuck with a bad attitude. If there is no risk dollar wise is he worth the risk ????? If not him is there someone else ??    Cassell is average at best,,,if Ponder fails we are in big trouble of starting over.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 08:41:14 PM »
BTLSfan.......I was probably one of those who would have said no way then but changed my mind and agree with you.....if money is right it's definitely worth a look.......

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 07:32:04 PM »
I agree Ponder is well, thank god for AD.  and Cassell?  were all gunna be screaming for him to start by week 4,  but Russell no way, I live on the west coast  so I watched Raider fan puke for years  and it wasn't only the shots it was watching the tv week after week. lots and lots of talent, lazy,  underachieving and self absorbed'  kinda like if you brought in Barry Bonds but  he wouldn't work and hit a buck 25 lifetime.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.