Author Topic: Michigan Wolverines  (Read 12609 times)

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
Re: Michigan Wolverines
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 07:16:33 PM »
Wow, you found us Jalopy. Welcome to NGS.
I post for food or money...thank you

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »
Hey Chief. Welcome to NGS.

Kinda cool to see some of the Michigan folks from my first days over at the Devil's Lair coming on over

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
  • Those who lose, blame it on RR
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 08:25:06 PM »
Wow, you found us Jalopy. Welcome to NGS.

I registered here a while back. I was part of the Babyfan-Bitzburgh exodous and participated in the NFL Pick'em contest they had. I just never really took the time to learn how to navigate the site so I didn't post much.

Offline Dutchis58

• Icon
  • Live life to the fullest
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
Welcome Chief and Jalopy good to see a couple of U of M guys from the old cbs board.
Those Who Stay Will Be Champions

michigan1 det1 det2 det3

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 08:29:45 AM »
I registered here a while back. I was part of the Babyfan-Bitzburgh exodous and participated in the NFL Pick'em contest they had. I just never really took the time to learn how to navigate the site so I didn't post much.

Got ya. Well its fun here if we could get the new people to stay on and post. That's our biggest hurdle here. People think its slow so they leave and it never really picks up because no one wants to tough it out until the posters filter in.

Usually Saturdays are moving pretty well during the season. We have a few hang outs you can catch us in. Frat House, The Thread, and Blitz's Tavern are the three main ones. The Frat House is newly constructed this year so we will see how good it is come season time.

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 10:06:27 AM »
Got ya. Well its fun here if we could get the new people to stay on and post. That's our biggest hurdle here. People think its slow so they leave and it never really picks up because no one wants to tough it out until the posters filter in.

Usually Saturdays are moving pretty well during the season. We have a few hang outs you can catch us in. Frat House, The Thread, and Blitz's Tavern are the three main ones. The Frat House is newly constructed this year so we will see how good it is come season time.

I will try to spread the word and see if there is any interest on getting people over here. I know a few people went to sportshoopla (including me) but there was a big tiff last week over the moderator they inserted and, well....long story short, Chief and I ended up getting banned for not accepting their rules. If someone could mention this site to the fellas over there I think a few might jump ship.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »
I will try to spread the word and see if there is any interest on getting people over here. I know a few people went to sportshoopla (including me) but there was a big tiff last week over the moderator they inserted and, well....long story short, Chief and I ended up getting banned for not accepting their rules. If someone could mention this site to the fellas over there I think a few might jump ship.

I can saunter on over when I get off work and stuff my fat face with ice cream.

Offline Dutchis58

• Icon
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »

Jalopy   Who are you talking about targeting to come here.

michigan1 det1 det2 det3

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2013, 07:01:04 PM »
MI Nightmare, TBBishop, Coyote57, jdwills126, Wolverine Pride. I know chief is already here and I think non will come over if we get good conversation going. Not sure where/if Windy will pop up but with school almost back in session I would think he will surface somewhere. I know he follows mgoblog but not sure if he ever posts there. Basically, anybody that is willing to talk Michigan football.

Offline Chief

• Veteran
  • Respect should always be given.
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2013, 07:51:41 PM »
I would imagine anyone recruiting over there would need to ask via pm.  If not, I'd imagine you'd get banned from Sportshoopla too.

I'd also avoid asking maizeandblue09 too.  I'm thinking he may not appreciate it being the Mod and all that.
"This might sound arrogant and if it is, it is...we're Michigan"   Coach Hoke

michigan1   army1  utsa1

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »
Maybe we can invite Hammerdown

Offline Chief

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2013, 08:06:49 PM »

michigan1   army1  utsa1

Offline Chief

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »
Seems as the current rumor is Green is hurt and out two weeks.

michigan1   army1  utsa1

Offline Dutchis58

• Icon
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 09:57:59 PM »
MI Nightmare, TBBishop, Coyote57, jdwills126, Wolverine Pride. I know chief is already here and I think non will come over if we get good conversation going. Not sure where/if Windy will pop up but with school almost back in session I would think he will surface somewhere. I know he follows mgoblog but not sure if he ever posts there. Basically, anybody that is willing to talk Michigan football.

Bishop won't come over too many Lions fans from cbs on sportshoopla. I'll try pming the others

michigan1 det1 det2 det3

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »
Seems as the current rumor is Green is hurt and out two weeks.

Could it be the extra girth around his weight he is sporting?

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2013, 08:27:17 AM »
Dutch, did you get over there?? I ended up laying on my death bed last night. Still wanna die today, ugh.

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
Coyote57 is the most likely to switch. MINightmare was active in the Spring but I haven't heard anything from him in a while. Bishop is very active on the Lions board but there doesn't seem to be a lot of crossover other than him. I will create an alternate ID and post a message on the Michigan board later this week. I don't expect it to last long (the message or the ID) but hopefully a few folks see it and try it out over here.

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 10:01:40 AM »
Rumor is Green has a sprained ankle and is expected to be out for a couple of weeks. I think Hoke is scheduled to speak to the media today and I'm sure the subject will come up. Word is that the 20 or so lbs he put on aren't all muscle. First, because that is impossible without PED's and second, because, well... let's just say stomach muscles don't grow that much.

Offline Chief

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »
Finally broke down and picked up Phil Steele's mag.   I used to get it as soon as it came out to help with fantasy football.   Since the demise of that over on CBS,... was really no need.

Well all I can say is blah.  I'm glad he didn't go back 10 years (which he seemed to do as if it has any bearing on the upcoming season).    I will say, I'm still disappointed to not see Michigan in his top 15 lists of units. 

Oh well, a couple more seasons and we'll be all over those lists.    CNA 

michigan1   army1  utsa1

Offline Dutchis58

• Icon
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2013, 06:58:23 PM »
So far sent PM's to Coyote57, non, WolverinePride,U-MMarauder and jdwills126. I tried to send one to MINightmare but SH wouldn't let me send one to him or he is refusing PM's.

michigan1 det1 det2 det3

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2013, 10:06:57 AM »
Not sure where Nightmare went. He posted fairly often right after CBS shut down but he has been silent for a few months.

Offline Dutchis58

• Icon
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2013, 05:28:24 PM »
jdwills126 gave me a response of thanks today to the message I sent him.

michigan1 det1 det2 det3

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »
'14 LB Jared Wangler commits to Michigan. I think this was a no-brainer once he received the offer. Obviously a legacy, he will join his sister and brother (walk-on WR) in AA.

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2013, 11:31:35 AM »
I like the pickup but I am not sure if he'll grow into a LB at college level, he could always contribute on special teams though.

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2013, 12:58:21 PM »
With a Runyan and a Wangler in the fold, can a Wheatley (or two) be far behind?