Author Topic: Michigan Wolverines  (Read 12606 times)

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
  • Those who lose, blame it on RR
Re: Michigan Wolverines
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2013, 11:27:39 PM »
wow, just getting ready to leave the stadium. it was amazing how pressure in the backfield made mariota look like dg. oregon faced serious pressure for the first time this year and crumbled. lot of bad mistakes and turnovers.

not sure how this game translates to what bama would do other than bama is better defensively. it is no different than saying since manziel tore up bama that oregon would do the same. turnovers kill.

sat in a suite with some stanford boosters and learned a lot. much of the talk was about the obannon lawsuit (and the dolphins saga). most feel the ncaa is vulnerable and the view of the b1g and pac are vastly different than the sec and b12.

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
J you can think that Oregon can tear up Bama all you want, I just completely disagree with you.  I've always thought that Bama would stomp them, and watching an inferior to Bama but stylistically similar Stanford manhandle Oregon makes me feel much more confident about my prediction.   

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
  • Those who lose, blame it on RR
« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
J you can think that Oregon can tear up Bama all you want, I just completely disagree with you.  I've always thought that Bama would stomp them, and watching an inferior to Bama but stylistically similar Stanford manhandle Oregon makes me feel much more confident about my prediction.   

Nope, I am going to have to agree with you after watching it first-hand. It was just as hard watching Oregon's defensive line get pushed around as the offensive inefficiencies. I'm not to the point that I don't think Oregon couldn't beat Bama but others are more deserving.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2013, 06:03:32 PM »
What was so  bad about last night is Stanford called one stupid running play and killed Oregon. Why even bother having a secondary when they aren't going to throw?
I post for food or money...thank you

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »
Actually Stanford did some interesting stuff yesterday... some zone read, belly option, reverses, sweeps and outside zone stuff.  It was a functional example of what Borges is trying to do but miserably failing at.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2013, 05:49:15 PM »
Interesting/fun fact of the day. Little Bro has never defeated Nebraska.

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose because they often play like crap against inferior opposition, but I think this year they get it done.  Nebraska is wrecked by injuries and even when healthy they are not a good team.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2013, 10:06:24 PM »
More than likely, but its still interesting, but still makes sense.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #308 on: May 28, 2014, 01:39:29 PM »
Rumor has it Holtz is retiring after 9 seasons. ESPN says thats news to them and its also his fifth final season. Guess we'll find out.

Offline Dutchis58

• Icon
  • Live life to the fullest
« Reply #309 on: June 05, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
Hello Ty Isaac

Highly touted tailback Ty Isaac announced Thursday on Twitter that he is transferring to Michigan.

The Shorewood, Ill., native was a five-star running back in the 2013 class and played one year at USC, rushing 40 times for 236 yards and two touchdowns. He previously said he wanted to transfer to be closer to his ill mother in the Midwest.

Ty Isaac   @TyIsaac 
Follow
I will be attending the University of Michigan this year

11:10 AM - 5 Jun 2014

Transfers usually have to sit out a full season, as mandated by NCAA rules. But because of his mother's illness, Isaac can apply for a hardship waiver allowing him to play this season.
Those Who Stay Will Be Champions

michigan1 det1 det2 det3

Offline coyote57

• Backup
« Reply #310 on: June 06, 2014, 02:42:41 PM »
As I recall, there was some criticism of T.I. back when he was being evaluated as a recruit, mostly along the lines of running too straight up, and not showing a lot of power for an RB his size.  But I think also he got high marks for his catching ability out of the backfield, and overall speed. 

How would he compare to prior UM backs?   Ty Wheatley w/ less power, but perhaps better hands?

Chances of having a 3 headed monster in the backfield...   (assuming the OL produces better)... ?
"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville." -  Dresden

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »
Well, in 11 years we get to see Michigan play Oklahoma. In 12 years the Big House will be rocking.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #312 on: August 19, 2014, 08:23:08 AM »
Braxton Miller reinjured his shoulder. Claims are thrown around that he is done for the season. Idiot fans claim the backup is better.

Offline Chief

• Veteran
  • Respect should always be given.
« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2014, 05:51:19 PM »
No offense, but I thought the last back-up they had was... I mean Kenny Guiton (SP)   was really good.   

I think we have hit an age where the best person may not always be the starter.   Simply look at Michigan the past few years.   The fan base was "split" on the DRob/Gardner issue of who should be the starter.   

But I digress.   Unfortunately, OSU will be just fine.   Eventually we will (hopefully) get back to the point where we will not have to rely on one person to make or break the team as we have for the past 6 seasons.
"This might sound arrogant and if it is, it is...we're Michigan"   Coach Hoke

michigan1   army1  utsa1

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #314 on: August 24, 2014, 11:34:51 AM »
Here are the differences though. Guiton was a fifth year senior with game experience. Barrett is a red shirt freshman, with supposedly six snaps under his belt. At this moment in time, Barrett is no way better than Miller.

Offline Mudsville Geo

• Star
  • Umps, refs and the NFL Rulebook suuuukkkkkkkkkkkkk
  • Pickems Record: mostly scabs
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2014, 11:41:25 PM »
Thanxe fore starting the best thread, by default, in the world.

Nice to see Stormin' Normin' there, Dutch.  What did he bring to the plate that one time against The Express?  A 9-iron or somethin'?   .361 in '61 to win the batting title.   Was his bat corked?

Offline Mudsville Geo

• Star
« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2014, 11:43:26 PM »
Oh yeah, it was a table leg.   Had to look it up.   Shoulda knowed that.

Offline Mudsville Geo

• Star
« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2014, 11:46:46 PM »

Awesome.

Offline Chief

• Veteran
  • Respect should always be given.
« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2014, 08:21:16 AM »
Here are the differences though. Guiton was a fifth year senior with game experience. Barrett is a red shirt freshman, with supposedly six snaps under his belt. At this moment in time, Barrett is no way better than Miller.

Didn't mean to imply Barret is better than Miller.  Only that OSU will be fine with whoever takes over.   They have the talent to almost run on auto for most of their games.   By the time we play them...
"This might sound arrogant and if it is, it is...we're Michigan"   Coach Hoke

michigan1   army1  utsa1

Offline A Wolverine Fire

• Star
  • All rise for RJ!
  • Pickems Record: 1000000-0 ibet Ditka
« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2014, 03:07:11 PM »
Didn't mean to imply Barret is better than Miller.  Only that OSU will be fine with whoever takes over.   They have the talent to almost run on auto for most of their games.   By the time we play them...

I agree Chief. I think they will be just fine. You never know what you have sitting on the bench until they get their change. We've had two RS Freshman Heisman winners so experience doesn't always mean success. It will be interesting to see how good this kid really is.
towl      Hail! to the victors valiant. Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes. Hail! Hail! to michigan1 The leaders and best!      towl

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:09 AM »

I know what you meant. Last year was different though with guiton. An unproven freshman is fairly significant though. However I do agree that whether it's talent or terrible opponents, they can be on cruise control.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2017, 10:59:01 PM »
hmm1

This place is quiet.

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #322 on: November 05, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »
rofl rofl

Well, spoiler alert, that Barrett kid turned out to be really good in 2014..then steadily declined, had one blazing flash of glory against #2 Penn State in 2017 only to completely implode a week later.  He got hurt in the 2014 Michigan game and his backup led us to a National Championship.  Cool story huh?
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2017, 03:14:20 PM »
Flukes happen troll.