Author Topic: Michigan Wolverines  (Read 12374 times)

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
Re: Michigan Wolverines
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 09:43:14 PM »
there is a whole bunch of possible legacies in the 2015 class... Woodley has a relative who plays CB and would commit on the spot if offered. 

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
  • Those who lose, blame it on RR
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 10:26:42 PM »
Good breakdown of  how Michigan's depth chart is looking at this point.

http://btn.com/2013/08/10/dienhart-the-best-is-yet-to-come-for-this-program/

Offline Dutchis58

• Icon
  • Live life to the fullest
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2013, 09:33:14 AM »
This should be our first chance to see what Borges can do with his type of offense now that he has a few more pieces to work with that are more closer to the style he uses and I wouldn't be surprised that Chesson cracks the starting unit at WR sometime during the season.
Those Who Stay Will Be Champions

michigan1 det1 det2 det3

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
there is a whole bunch of possible legacies in the 2015 class... Woodley has a relative who plays CB and would commit on the spot if offered. 

Awesome, welcome to NGS Non, long time no talk.
I post for food or money...thank you

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2013, 09:25:37 AM »
it's good to be here... saw a pic of all our RBs, the three freshmen are the biggest ones on the roster... what do they feed these people in high school...

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »
CMU- Good warm up game. This will be a crucial game for the team to work out any unnecessary kinks before the Domers come into town to lose. grin1 I think it will be a closer game then it should be but will ultimately be for the better. Michigan wins 10-14.
ND- Hard fought game that will be to Michigan's advantage. I believe Michigan will have control the whole game but never have it secured until the last five or so minutes. Could be a loss, but hard to believe with all they lost.
Akron- Pffft. Win in a blow out.
@ UConn- I think this will be like the CMU game. A good testing battle that will be closer then expected. 14-17 point win.
Minne- Blasting. Michigan by 20+
@ PSU- this one will be interesting. PSU isn't too shabby. Closest game of the year with the outcome in doubt until the clock reads 0:00, possibly in OT. Michigan wins on a last minute score. However I can easily see this as a loss too.
Indiana- Blowout. Michigan wins by 17+
@ MSU- Yet another test and its not even because the other teams are that good. Michigan is still trying to find their groove and this is the game of the year for little bro. Michigan wins by 3 in OT. Can easily be a loss.
Nebraska- Another flipper game that can easily be a loss, but I think the Big House will be the difference. Michigan wins on another thriller. Michigan by 3.
@ NW- Enough with the tests already. NW is flying even higher this year after their bowl win and their new QB has a lot of game experience. Michigan will be slightly worn out in the middle of this brutal stretch in November. NW takes Michigan down.
@ Iowa- An moderately off week for Michigan before the most important game of the year. Michigan by 17+.
Duh Nuts- Hard fought game where Michigan sends Duh Nuts home crying and the Liar starts to contemplate heart problems.

I'm putting my good faith that Michigan will be able to over come some early tests and survive the late season beating of difficult opponents with only one loss. In reality I see 2-3 losses this year. PSU, because its at Beaver Stadium, Little Bro because its their national title game and its at their house, Nebraska gets Michigan right after little bro, NW gets them after Little Bro and Nebraska and its away, and finally Duh Nuts. There can easily be five losses again, with an outside shot of six with the Domers getting a shocker. Lots of us are going to be having high blood pressure this year, again.

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2013, 11:26:42 AM »
Wow Jnry, that is a lot of coin toss games but I can't really make a case against you with the exception of the OSU game. For me, that game really comes down to the situation entering the game. If Michigan can win a lot of the close games you mention, they could win that game. Also, the B1G CG needs to be considered. Does either or both team need the game to win their division. My guess would be that OSU wouldn't and UofM would. But....on a level playing field I would have to give OSU the nod right now simply because their talent is a little more experienced. I do think they are over-rated however.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
You're right Jalopy, a lot depends on the pregame situations. For all I know Michigan could come into November and be absolutely destroyed losing all of those games except Iowa. I'm more confident about Michigan beating Duh Nuts this year then Little Bro, NW, Nebraska, and even the Domers. If I recall correctly they lost some key players to an already trashy defense. Michigan's offense can't be any worse then it was last year, so I see Michigan having the upper hand, especially at home.

Unfortunately if Michigan were to beat Duh Nuts in the regular season and my scenario played out, it would be a rematch in the conference title game in which Duh Nuts would win and go to Pasadena. I would see that one as those creeps pulling away rather then a hard fought game like I anticipate in the regular season. If they aren't exposed in the regular season, Alabama will cremate them in the title game, unless SCar or UGA upends them in the SEC Title game. They will be too healthy for that, so I have already designated one spot for them. barf

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2013, 03:09:04 PM »
I think we'll probably drop the ND game because our OL will not gel by the second week of the season and their DL is awesome...  we'll also probably drop 2 of MSU/PSU/NEB/NW games because they all look like tossups to me, the OSU game looks intriguing because it's on our field and by the end of the season I expect we'll be playing our best football.  If it was on neutral field or at the Shoe, I'd say we lose, but on our field it should be very close.  So I am expecting a 9-3 or 8-4 season as our final rebuilding year... next year we should start rolling.  Go Blue!

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »
That's what I'm expecting too. about 3 losses, its just a matter of who it will be to. Personally I don't think ND has an offense especially without Golson. Their D will keep it close but I think they will wear out by the end. Removing the biased from my "predictions", They lose at Sparty, to Nebraska, and possibly at NW. But since I want revenge for Nebraska in personal reasons, and I'm sick of Sparty, they are wins in my "predictions". Its either an Idiot Rod year or a magical year one. I'm putting my faith in year one. grin1

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »
It's not that I think Michigan will be great but I think you are overestimating ND. They aren't very good. As for the four games you mentioned, they could all be nail-biters and the only one I think we will have a decided edge against is PSU. Even with the game in Happy Valley, we should be able to control the line of scrimmage.

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2013, 09:11:18 AM »
Notre Dame fielded more talented teams than Michigan every year since 2007, but we out-coached them more often than not.  The talent level gap is closing now but putting 3 unproven underclassman linemen against that front is a potential disaster if something was to happen to Gardner... I think Borges knows that and you will see a lot of running plays...

PSU has excellent coaching staff and their roster hasn't been completely decimated yet, that coupled with playing on the road which we're not very good at, results in a very tough game for us.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:14:08 AM by nonbcsfan »

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2013, 11:46:35 AM »
Disagree about ND having better players. They lost to Idiot Rod teams. We are talking Toledo level teams could beat him but yet ND couldn't? My stance is either ND doesn't have that good of players or Kelly just really sucks at coaching. My vote is they don't have very good players as I believe Kelly is a good coach.

Fortunately for PSU and the haters, PSU won't fall off the map like the haters hope. The first class will miss out on a bowl game, but the second class can red shirt and half their time will be playing for bowls. The bowl ban isn't as bad as the haters hope it would be. Agree with of that Non.

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »
I think Michigan has a overall talent edge and I think the nighttime atmosphere will help as well. I agree that Michigan's O-line could struggle but there is talent there. I would expect a low scoring game by both offenses.

PSU is falling. I agree that the residual talent is still there but Michigan and OSU are poaching players from the East Coast left and right. This could be the last year in quite a while that PSU could field a competitive team.

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2013, 01:58:20 PM »
Disagree about ND having better players. They lost to Idiot Rod teams. We are talking Toledo level teams could beat him but yet ND couldn't? My stance is either ND doesn't have that good of players or Kelly just really sucks at coaching. My vote is they don't have very good players as I believe Kelly is a good coach.

Fortunately for PSU and the haters, PSU won't fall off the map like the haters hope. The first class will miss out on a bowl game, but the second class can red shirt and half their time will be playing for bowls. The bowl ban isn't as bad as the haters hope it would be. Agree with of that Non.

Notre Dame lost to RR because RR is a far better coach than Weis is... the funny thing is that both games in which our defense played well against them, we actually lost (2008 and 2012) due to massive turnovers... but when considering recruiting ranking and attrition, Michigan didn't match up talent wise with Notre Dame since 2007 and only now is starting to catch up.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
I thought Weis only coached one game against Idiot Rod?? The other two were Kelly.

Offline theJrnyconts

• Hail to The Victors
  • Hall of Famer
  • Mr. Wildlife
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2013, 03:24:04 PM »
Idiot Palm is projecting Michigan to land in the Rose Bowl against Stanford.

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2013, 08:33:04 PM »
I thought Weis only coached one game against Idiot Rod?? The other two were Kelly.

RR went 1-1 against Weis, and 1-0 against Kelly...

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »
Idiot Palm is projecting Michigan to land in the Rose Bowl against Stanford.

anything could happen but a team with 1 proven safety, 1 proven receiver, 2 proven O-linemen, 1 proven RB coming off a serious injury, the best defensive player on the shelf, no QB depth to speak of... in my opinion we're not there yet, we'll be there soon though.

Offline Chief

• Veteran
  • Respect should always be given.
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2013, 08:56:05 PM »
I'm thinking we easily beat ND this year.   We played arguably our worst game of the season against them last year and still did ok.    I know we lost, but ND couldn't do anything either except stay in the game due to our turnovers.

I know we have questions, but all things being equal, I like Hoke and Michigan over ND. 

Haven't been posting much as I've been quite busy.  Will be off the boards for a few days as I head out tomorrow for some fishing and won't be back til Monday.

See ya'll then
"This might sound arrogant and if it is, it is...we're Michigan"   Coach Hoke

michigan1   army1  utsa1

Offline Dutchis58

• Icon
  • Live life to the fullest
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2013, 10:43:47 PM »
Happened to run into MiNightmare over on SH. Talked with him and looks like he will be coming over.

Michigan will beat ND.
Those Who Stay Will Be Champions

michigan1 det1 det2 det3

Offline nonbcsfan

• Starter
  • Go Blue!
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Happened to run into MiNightmare over on SH. Talked with him and looks like he will be coming over.

Michigan will beat ND.

yeah deleting posts for no reason is pretty pathetic... I could care less about banners or any other mgoblog style crap, but deleting posts for no reason is straight up bush league.

Offline Chief

• Veteran
  • Respect should always be given.
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »
"Happened to run into MiNightmare over on SH. Talked with him and looks like he will be coming over. "

Cool.

"yeah deleting posts for no reason is pretty pathetic... I could care less about banners or any other mgoblog style crap, but deleting posts for no reason is straight up bush league."

Agreed.    I still look over on that site, and not seeing an increase discussion on the Michigan site.   We've had more on this thread then they have on the Michigan page over there. 

Better Michigan posters here as well.   Still missing some, but hopefully they show up in a week or two. 
"This might sound arrogant and if it is, it is...we're Michigan"   Coach Hoke

michigan1   army1  utsa1

Offline bluenosecanuck

• Attention Whore
  • Star
  • Aka SLKaos
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2013, 11:25:36 AM »
a bit off topic, but for those of you who are 1) also Wings fans and 2) post on vote-off threads, the Wings could use a little help on this thread...

http://ngsforums.com/forums/index.php/topic,282.msg1433056/topicseen.html#new

No, I'm not taking you seriously

Offline jalopy

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »
anything could happen but a team with 1 proven safety, 1 proven receiver, 2 proven O-linemen, 1 proven RB coming off a serious injury, the best defensive player on the shelf, no QB depth to speak of... in my opinion we're not there yet, we'll be there soon though.

It seems like we have been counting on Freshmen to step up and contribute significantly for too long. We need some bounces to go our way early (ND) and to stay (get) healthy for the second half of the schedule. I can see this season being a disaster if DG gets hurt or a huge success if the OL matures quickly. My crystal ball sees way too many close games for my comfort. Non, you better be right about next year.