Author Topic: MLB to Vote for Replay  (Read 152 times)

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
MLB to Vote for Replay
« on: August 16, 2013, 03:24:17 PM »
Major League Baseball has decided to put Instant Replay on the voting table for next year. It will basically follow that of football as there will be a limited number of challenges per team.

IMO this will help not help the game. While Coaches can't challenge every play it will slow down the game even more. For those plays they decide not to challenge can affect the game just as easily. I do like the reviews of homeruns as those are definite game changers at that moment.

Please vote and be sure to give your opinion on the subject.
nym3 nyg1 notredame1 nyr2

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
Re: MLB to Vote for Replay
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:26:43 PM »
I say no it won't help. Why not just expand the current replay instead of overhauling it? Coaches challenges won't work as there are no repercussion of using one...are they going to take away mound visits? Just seems like anotherbad move by baseball...
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline Mike Honcho

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 07:59:35 AM »
I think replay needs to be expanded in the league, but I'm not sure the proposal is the way to do it.  I generally don't like the idea of challenges.  The English Premier League finally just added some replay, and they did it so that someone upstairs notifies the referee on a call that should be reviewed.  I think it's only used for goals so far, but I like the idea.  I think something along those lines would work better.

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »
Welcome Mike that's not a half bad idea. Kind of how hockey does it, only with goals also. Live feed to the league and they make the call.

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 06:53:13 PM »
Only problem with that is the league would have to put in a criteria otherwise games would take forever.

Offline SoCalSaint

• Board Mod
  • Star
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
FOREPLUS

You seem to be concerned with this extending game times. I dont see it being amy worse than a football game. And if it means a little delay to "GET IT RIGHT" then Im all for it. This maybe for a different thread, but if MLB truely wanted to speed up a game, it can. Ever watch the college BBWS. Games are 1 1/2- 2 hrs. Thats it.

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 07:42:06 PM »
Probably so. But my main point is I don't want the game changed.  Every sport has missed calls and baseball did their part by adding replay for homeruns.  If you start other calls than why not the same for football basketball and hockey. The ref's are human and make mistakes none more so than the blown call on the "perfect game "  While it would have been great to have someone so him his mistake the call had no effect on the outcome of the game.

Offline Raylan Michael Molnar

• Coach
  • "You gonna 'pull' on me?"
  • Pickems Record: 81 and counting.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 07:37:21 PM »
Depends on how they do it.   Particularly with phantom tags and doubles/home runs off the top off the wall.

Nice outfit, Baby.

ana2  sd3

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Site Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »
memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline blitzburgh

• Blinky
  • Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 11:35:15 AM »
I like the human element of baseball.  An ump will blow a call now and then, but eventually one gets blown right back in your favor.

I can just see Joe Girardi or Clint Hurdle throwing in their ballcap everytime their guy is called out on a close play..doesn't seem to fit.

Someone even proposed at one point a 15-second pitch clock.  Really?
Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.

Jim Valvano

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Jack Lambert