Author Topic: The Official Bash Christian Ponder Thread  (Read 6561 times)

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
The Official Bash Christian Ponder Thread
« on: September 08, 2013, 07:02:27 PM »
This is it Viking fans. get on board the Bash Ponder Express. I've never been down on a Viking QB like I have this puke!

What do you say Chuck Norris?

CNA
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
Re: The Official Bash Christian Ponder Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
Hard to believe he could play QB at the high school level
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »
I don't even have the heart. 

I'll buy the first six pack of Grain Belt for the train.

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 09:32:01 PM »
Just can't stand to even watch him play......I never wish anything bad on anyone but I'm really hoping Ponder pulls a groin or something that he has to sit for a few weeks......every time I see him throw a stupid floater deep ball because he lacks talent just makes my blood boil...

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 10:39:54 PM »
Sucks that Cassel is just a more experienced Ponder.  facepalm
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 08:46:59 AM »
People were saying that the 1st INT wasn't Ponder's fault. It took like 6 seconds to get to Simpson and it was floated out there. For forks sake put some zip on the ball!...Oh yeah, I forgot he doesn't have that type of arm...I really don't know how many times I told my son he'd have to get better to be terrible? Cue Charles Barkley,...Ter a bull!

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:59:29 AM »
Ponder is named correctly! I ponder whether it will be an interception, or overthrown, or underthrown. Is it too late to put Joe Webb in at QB? Just kidding! It looks like the Vikings are making a run at Johnny Football!
min1 stl3

Offline bluenosecanuck

• Attention Whore
  • Star
  • Aka SLKaos
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 11:12:50 AM »
Ponder is named correctly! I ponder whether it will be an interception, or overthrown, or underthrown. Is it too late to put Joe Webb in at QB? Just kidding! It looks like the Vikings are making a run at Johnny Football!

For that to happen they will have to be worse than Jacksonville.

No, I'm not taking you seriously

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »
For that to happen they will have to be worse than Jacksonville. At least Jacksonville's QB can claim that he is still recovering from an injury. Ponder can't make that claim and I don't think there is a way to recover from a lack of talent.
min1 stl3

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 05:00:31 PM »
Realistically the vikings may only be favored in possibly 2 games all season long....the Steelers because they are beat up badly right now and the Browns.......top 2 or 3 pick could be very likely next year. It may only be one game but it was really, really bad.

I'll say it again......J. Russell doesn't seem that bad now does lol.....

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 09:22:34 PM »
Realistically the vikings may only be favored in possibly 2 games all season long....the Steelers because they are beat up badly right now and the Browns.......top 2 or 3 pick could be very likely next year. It may only be one game but it was really, really bad.

I'll say it again......J. Russell doesn't seem that bad now does lol.....

And I will say that J. Russell does still seem that bad. I don't want some lazy piece of chit to come in here and suck when we have a harder worker in here already that can suck. Russell isn't good. I'm not saying Ponder is, but I'd rather lose with a guy because I'm pissed off that he isn't good enough rather than someone that I am pissed off he sucks because he just didn't give two shits and let his natural ability fade away.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »
The only Ponder defense..."at least his wife's hot"...

"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline poorbackslider

• Backup
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 08:28:16 AM »
Ponder supporter: Brett Favre threw 6 INTs in more than one game, Ponder never did that!!

Sane person: That's because Ponder can't get 6 passes anywhere near another player (offense or defense) in a single game.

michigan1

"I wanna be a better man but I've got a short attention span" - Will Kimbrough

"If my thought dreams could be seen they'd probably put my head in a guillotine" - Bob Dylan

"F*** em if they can't take a joke" - Billy Parker

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »
And I will say that J. Russell does still seem that bad. I don't want some lazy piece of chit to come in here and suck when we have a harder worker in here already that can suck. Russell isn't good. I'm not saying Ponder is, but I'd rather lose with a guy because I'm pissed off that he isn't good enough rather than someone that I am pissed off he sucks because he just didn't give two chits and let his natural ability fade away.

I agree Iven...When the Vikings signed JaMarcus Webb I thought they said JaMarcus Russell...I recall Draft day, and I like many, was left scratching my head with the pick of Ponder. The only thought that came to my mind was, "if everyone else was jumping off a bridge would you jump too?"...Thanks Mom! I honestly have tried to give this guy a chance. He just makes the same boneheaded mistakes over and over. The INT before the half really turned the game around. It just pains me that when he throws a pick his confidence is shattered and he then won't get rid of the ball in a timely manner. Hold it, hold it, now take a sack or run out of the pocket...It's like TJack all over again. I tried to get on board with him too, but was chastised when I called for his playbook too...Sometime a team just misses on a QB? I fear that the other options are the same chit different smell? Anyway, I was led to believe that Ponder was an intelligent guy. Why does he continue to make rookie mistakes?

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »
And I will say that J. Russell does still seem that bad. I don't want some lazy piece of chit to come in here and suck when we have a harder worker in here already that can suck. Russell isn't good. I'm not saying Ponder is, but I'd rather lose with a guy because I'm pissed off that he isn't good enough rather than someone that I am pissed off he sucks because he just didn't give two chits and let his natural ability fade away.

iVEn I'm not saying as our starter right now.......There are options for a 3rd string QB that can learn the offence and may have some solid upside. I totally agree the guy was a lazy piece of chit and probably one of the biggests bust of all time......this due to attitude and laziness not talent. If Garcia ...who was very critical of him.....says he's matured then would it or even a guy like Young be worth the risk to add  at a min salary as a 3rd stringer ???  Figure if the league can forgive a guy like Vick then anything is possible....

Personally I think doing nothing is worse......None of the QB's on our team are the answer nor will they be....IMO they need to take a chance on someone that has a chance of being decent.......

If this keeps up does anyone really think Frazier or Ponder are around next year....the only thing that might save Frazier is that it way be tough finding a decent head coach that'll what to take the job before the new stadium is finished.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »
14-6 with 2:18 left before half. There's a chance to go in with a bigger lead. There's no reason to force a ball where there is little chance for a completion and double coverage on the receiver...What does a smart QB do? No Ponder doesn't have a rocket arm either!

A) Eat the ball and take a shot next play.
B) Throw the ball at Zach Line's feet and take a shot next play.
C) Throw ball well out of bounds and take a shot next play.
D) Try to force the ball downfield into double coverage, with defenders chasing your ass, with risk outweighing reward.

I'll take Christian Ponder boneheaded plays for $1000 Alex! D wasn't the answer Christian! Here's a clue the correct answer ends with, "and take a shot on the next play."

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 11:48:29 AM »
By the way, after watching RGIII last night, those that don't believe young QBs need to play in the pre season you weren't watching!

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »
Sucks that Cassel is just a more experienced Ponder.  facepalm

and that's the problem, too late folks the ship has sailed and your choice for leader is Cletus or Jethro
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »
The problem with Ponder is he has no touch on his passes. You look at the good QBs in the league... they all can throw a receiver open...he will never be able to do that, no matter who the WRs are. It stinks to think this, but unless a miracle happens, this season is a waste. To further draw my ire... we could have had Dalton or Kaepernick in the 2nd...Spielman has done a damn goodjob...but he whiffed on the most iimportant position. The question now is what do we do for a QB?
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 07:04:11 AM »
When it all comes down to it Ponder may stink and Cassell, like Simmion mentioned, is Ponder with more experience but IMO we shouldn't be totally pissed at them. It's Spielman and Frazier that deserve the blame and our frustration.  They are the ones who drafted him and worked with him through out the last 3 + years. It's not like Ponder had an off day or missed a few throws ... that can happen with every QB.....it's the pure lack of talent and ability that he is no where close to being a starter let alone a back up. The GM and coaches have worked and developed him, they have witnessed his development or lack of more than anyone on the planet. The point is they had to be painfully aware that what we witnessed on Sunday and have been witnessing is what Ponder is or isn't and did nothing this past off season to address the matter. For 2 freaking years now they brought in a back up to not challenge him, they let Sage go last season to eliminate any competition. They have taken a team that is a play off caliber team and turned it into a bottom feeder because of one position...wasting the talent of the rest of the team.  Ponder is just being himself.....he dosen't make the call on who starts and who doesn't, he didn't drafted himself...he's a player on our team and does/plays when he's told. I'm done being pissed at Ponder......Frazier is now the bigger issue.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 10:40:07 AM »
Fraizer isn't in control. He's pretty much a lame duck coach right now, anyway. Spielman drafted this turd. He's the guy pulling the strings. As good as his pick of Walsh was last year it looks like the drafting of a punter has hurt the team already. That guy sucked bad on Sunday!...Suffice to say that Fraizer will do what Spielman tells him to do. After all this coach was forced on Fraizer by Spielman and by benching Ponder it puts a resounding thud on that particular draft class. When you miss in the 1st round it's a tough pill to swallow for the GM. These guys have the biggest egos in the organization. The thing will be moving forward if they can put the whole ego thing behind them and make the switch before the season is an after thought? My bet is they'll wait too long and then we'll have a whole new set of circumstances to deal with next year...D-line issues for sure!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 11:21:20 AM »
I blame Frazier as much as Spielman when it comes to Ponder and that draft. I remember Frazier being very high and vocal about Ponder.....at the end of the day Spielman had the say but there where 2 very good defensive guys that slipped to us ...one being Prince Ponder doesn't get drafted unless both are completely on board. There were options in the 2nd for a QB that season....Ponder was rated as a 2nd round pick at best....Prince was a top 15 pick. Both of them f***ked up.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 01:50:25 PM »
I agree because of ego's this season will probably be a bad dream. and next season there will be more to address then no QB
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 06:59:03 PM »
is there an opponent on the schedule that you wouldn't say if we had that QB we would be a pretty strong team. kinda sad.

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 07:02:52 PM »
is there an opponent on the schedule that you wouldn't say if we had that QB we would be a pretty strong team. kinda sad.

Truth.

I need to buy you guys more beer.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.