Author Topic: The Official Bash Christian Ponder Thread  (Read 5965 times)

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
Re: The Official Bash Christian Ponder Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 11:38:12 AM »
On the Viking HOMER sites there are still people taking up for Ponder. I just don't get it. Sure he was the QB for a team that won 10 games last year, but Cassel did that when Brady went down. That is a testament for team play...What Ponder lacks week to week is consistency and insight on how to slow down this game. He never seems comfortable in or out of the pocket. When his confidence is shaken by his own mistakes, most of which are mistakes he seems not to learn from, the OC has to try to dial it back and get Ponder comfortable. This results in 3 yard passes that require the receiver to break a tackle to gain enough yards to make it seem successful...

I've heard many say that Patterson needs more playing time. I agree to an extent. He needs more targets. The way to do this, in my opinion, is to line up he and Simpson wide and put Jennings in the slot. That would allow for clear outs for Rudolph similar to what the Lions did last week with Bush. Jennings will garner the double coverage. These plays take little time and there's no way a LB covers Rudolph 1 on 1. That soon opens the middle of the field after the Vikings employ it a couple times. Moves the extra defender out of the box and allows AP a better chance to bust some decent gains...My 2 cents!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 03:14:40 PM »
I remember when we drafted Ponder.....like many I was totally beside myself that they would pass on Prince and really reach for a QB and for one IMO that wasn't that good.....and, like many I was told to basically shut up that the Vikings had to take Ponder because they needed a QB badly...I was told they had no choice. Well...for those of you that told me and others to shut up it now your turn.........There are 3 things that some team...ours included, just haven't learned........1) you don't reach for a QB 2) You don't draft a QB that dosen't have an above average arm and 3) you don't draft a USC QB. Follow those 3 simple rules and atleast you have a chance at getting it right......break one of those rules and you can kiss your offence good bye. I personally don't want to hear that Ponder still needs time or he will get better......it's over, he's done....Ponder is not the answer and needs to go and the sooner the better....I don't care how many games the team wins, Ponder is not the answer for our long term future...cut the cord and admit he sucks at the NFL level.

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »
I read on a Viking fan board that AD isn't doing enough to take pressure off Ponder wtf? He is the only thing keeping Ponder alive! The loss of Kevin Williams was huge, but the line will improve as time goes on.... Ponder will not. He can't make any throws an average QB can make and that will make this a turrible season... I just hope AD doesn't get hurt.
"I, too, once dabbled in Pacifism."

"In Heaven, there is no beer,  that's why we drink it here"
iowa1 chc3 chi4 min1 alabama1 We love you RJ!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 10:29:23 AM »
Turrible!...Ponder=Turrible

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 11:06:31 AM »
Looking at stats for Ponder vs. Cassel...Ponder has started 27 games in his career. He has 32 TDs against 42 turnovers. Conversely Cassel has started 62 games 82 TDs against 99 turnovers...Ponder averages 1.19 TDs per game vs. 1.6 turnovers per game...Cassel averages 1.32 TDs a game vs. 1.6 turnovers per game...

Now there's a big decision on which QB the Vikings should play. They are nearly identical, but maybe Ponder has a better upside? HAHAHA! Ponder has an upside that's hilarious!

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 07:34:31 PM »
There are 3 things that some team...ours included, just haven't learned........1) you don't reach for a QB 2) You don't draft a QB that dosen't have an above average arm and 3) you don't draft a USC QB. Follow those 3 simple rules and atleast you have a chance at getting it right.

I like those rules. The one I might disagree with is reaching on a QB. It depends on the reach I guess. If you have a QB graded at 20, but you pick 10, and no one is trading back with you, then I think you pull the trigger at 10. But then again I am sitting on a couch.

The arm strength is the kicker for me... then again Jackson had good arm strength. Ugh I just don't know. I'm so fed up with Ponder already. I have no idea why the coaching staff felt like it was a good idea to have him play barely 3 quarters in the pre-season. just dumb... but it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 07:39:40 PM »
 So...If it wasn't for Adrian Peterson...............................

U'd Lose EVERY Game?
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 09:11:52 PM »
yeah....reaching for 5-10 spots but the guy is a first round talent seems fine to me too iVEN.....reaching like they did for Ponder by a whole round is mind boggling. The game has changed so much with defenses being so good and fast that qualities you looked for in the 1970's and 80's don't hold true in todays game when it comes to QB's and arm strength. If you can't zip a ball into tight coverage or throw an accurate back shoulder 15 yards deep and so on  with some zip you just can't compete.  I'm not sure if playing more in pre season would have made a difference or not...some of the stuff he does is just bone headed. The rolling left for a righted handed QB is really tough but doing it and not setting protection on that side is just plain stupid...that's on the QB and center. The staring down a receiver on short slants is also mind boggling...that's high school crap.......

On a positive spin......who do you want the Vikings to draft next year at QB iVEn.....who are your top choices coming out in the draft ??

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 08:50:44 AM »
What Ponder does is he over estimates his attributes. Somewhere there's a disconnect. He has to realize that he need to put mustard on some passes and air under some others, but the thought and the actions are 2 completely different things. Ponder loses his swagger so fast it's mind boggling. Talk about multiple personalities...Often times his deep throws are being waited on by wide open receivers. His outs are floated and his passes over the middle are high. There's 1 thing that is consistent about high throws in the NFL. They will be intercepted. many times they are tipped high in the air and then picked, or merely overthrown to awaiting safety...That's why I don't give Ponder a pass on his 1st pick of the year going to Simpson. Especially in press coverage...Not only does that pass need to be delivered low, by floating it high he get Simpson in a terrible position to get laid to waste.

Ponder has 2 more games or he will be on the bench. Write that down!...My reasoning for this is simply this. Should he Vikings be 0-3 or 1-2 and look horrible in that victory, the Vikings play Pittsburgh, who could be in a similar situation, Cassel has faced the Steelers defense whereas Ponder has not. Everything being equal, in terms of QB prowess as I mentioned before, Cassel would probably give the Vikings a better shot at winning because of that familiarity. An 0-3 start would not only seal Ponder's fate, Frazier would be ushered to the front of the coaches on the hot seat bus. That's the express ride straight out of town!

Is it me, or when we listen to Leslie Frazier, does he sound like Emmitt Smith,...

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2013, 11:40:42 AM »
News Flash!...Ponder's record on the road in the division as a starter is 1-5...The game he won? Percy scored on a Kickoff return and Sherels on a Punt return...I'm not feeling it fellas!...How about you? I'm feeling a little nauseated at this point...BLEH!...Ponder + Ineptitude = Leslie Frazier, and Bill Musgrave's jobs...

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 10:03:11 AM »
Have I told you guys how much I dislike Sheetstain Ponder as the Vikings QB? Well I'm telling you now!

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 01:18:24 PM »
Ponder pick 6...I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »
They need to put Cassell in .
wsh1  pit2  wsh1  atl3  wsh1

Offline 44Diesels

• COUNTRY STRONG !
  • Site Moderator
  • Icon
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 01:19:40 PM »
Redskins need to put Cousins in !
wsh1  pit2  wsh1  atl3  wsh1

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 01:46:36 PM »
This is really sad...no special teams on coverage...the defense ..certain players can play thier gaps and we are getting torched. Smith is having an up and down game and so is the LB's ....this is really pathetic as the Bears are going up and down the field with us. As for Ponder...get him out of the bloody game already...the int was pathetic and outside of one decent throw even his wide open receptions are off...the biggest piss off is him not throw the ball to open recievers...rewatch some of the pull downs or throw aways by Ponder...guys are very open and he's just not making the throws...totally gun shy. If Frazier doesn't bench him and i mean soon he deserves to be fired....MJusgraves gets hand cuffed because of this pathetic excuse for a QB. I'm so pissed right now ... our offense goes no where because Ponder can't run it..even the basic stuff.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 01:47:10 PM »
sorry...certain players CAN'T play thier gaps..

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 01:53:09 PM »
The biggest disappointment other than Ponder is Greenway...he's having a tough time tackling and in coverage ...big liability right now

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »
Well....that for me just settled it....Frazier needs to be fired and fired now. The prevent crap defense at the end of the game was one thing but the 3rd and goal at the Bears 6 yard line and you don't take a shot in the end zone to seal the win......that was the most pathetic thing Frazier has just done in a long while. There was over 3 mins left in the game....I will be so glad when Frazier, Ponder and a few others are gone next season.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 03:57:42 PM »
I feel you hutch jus think johnny teddy it keeps me calm
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 04:30:46 PM »
The kickoff at the end of the game put the final touch on everything you goota let ur players know if they pooch kick fair catch it or get down!!! So u can have a play or 2  piss poor coaching a a piss poor QB throughout the game

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »
Overall I thought Ponder played decent... he missed some key throws... especially one to Rudolph... but the coaches called a piss poor game...why on earth do they still kick to Hester?

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 04:41:16 PM »
Mary Jane, I think I'm really pissed I paid for Sunday Ticket already lol..........

The vikings will have some interesting choices at the end of the year. Not being negative but realistically we are not making the play offs and really winning more than 4-5 games will be tough. We have 2 years after this one outside before the new stadium is ready. I can see the Vikings bringing in a new coaching staff to get the team ready for when the stadium will be complete.  I can see guys like Allen gone next season, Greenway is looking old and can see him gone within a few years (not sure when his contact is up). Ponder is definitely gone and a choice will have to be made by whomever takes over and whether or not to build the team around a RB...as great as AD is he will be 29 next year and realistically he's probably got 2 more years after this one while we get another QB ready.  For me the worst thing that could happen is we go 7-9 or 8-8....don't make the play offs but play well enough that we keep Frazier and company. I'd rather go 3-13 with certain players getting valuable experience and move on with hopefully a top rate college QB for the future.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
3-13 at best this season! My new favorite teams are the browns,jaguars,and the raiders!!! Hmmm maybe the jets too! Lol am i missing anyone ooo maybe the cardinals

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 05:07:51 PM »
I paid for that chit too!!!! And missed the rudolph touchdown catch because of technical difficulties lol but i heard it was pretty much a jump ball...figures....

Offline DeeHawkz23

• Star
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2013, 05:09:17 PM »
3-13 at best this season! My new favorite teams are the browns,jaguars,and the raiders!!! Hmmm maybe the jets too! Lol am i missing anyone ooo maybe the cardinals
We want to be ahead of the Browns and Jags... they are both taking QBs. I say draft Clowney and grab AJ McCarron later... that kid can play.

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.