Author Topic: The Official Bash Christian Ponder Thread  (Read 6082 times)

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
Re: The Official Bash Christian Ponder Thread
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2013, 08:40:08 AM »
I'm glad the guys at 1500 echo my thoughts on Spielman...We all have eyes and Ponder gives the Vikings the best chance to win?

min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »
Shame on you Koko for uttering the name of the noodle-armed QB! I was hoping after being benched #7 was done for the year. I now believe that the GM who shall no longer be named is playing #7 to try and improve the Vikings draft position. It is the only explanation I can come up with that makes any sense. For forks sake even the Israelites only had to wander in the wilderness for 50 years, how long do we have to wait, as Vikings fans, to reach the promised land?
min1 stl3

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2013, 02:31:30 PM »
I've been on this particular trail for over 45..."He is what we thought he was. They should let him off the hook!...You wanna crown his ass, as the starter, then crown his ass!...He is who we thought he was!"

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2013, 09:05:13 PM »
the Steelers got big ben, Atlanta has Ryan we got nuthen, at least as they bitch and moan they know it can be a quick turn around, were a ways out. why did they put so much stock in ponder anyway? kind off set us back several years. I hope somebody is held accountable. probably the janitor will be let go.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2013, 09:15:01 AM »
I think they believed he was like  Drew Brees after his injury. The Saints rolled a natural. The Vikings rolled the dice and crapped out with that #7.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2013, 10:42:33 AM »
tolzien, an undrafted free agent out of Wisconsin threw for 280 yards in his first NFL game against Philadelphia and followed that up with 339 in his first start against the Giants. Ponder, the No. 12 overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, has thrown for 280-or-more in exactly two of 34 NFL games despite playing with the best running back in all of football.
now thats sad..
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2013, 05:21:31 PM »
I no longer want Johnny Manziel (spending the first rounder).  He doesn't look special anymore.  Good teams can own him. I'd take him in the third round if that's how it works out though.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2013, 05:26:35 PM »
Haha,  Ok.  Over-reaction it was meant as tongue and cheek.  But I truely don't like the INTs.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2013, 07:12:36 PM »
I realize he didn't out right stink today, but come on! Take the pressure off the horrible defense with a 1st down sometime in the 4th quarter...1 measly 1st down would have ended it up 23-7...In overtime they didn't trust #7 to even throw the ball. How sad is that?...I need stabbed in the eye for not betting the over in this game, but betting on the Vikings, for me, is a losing prop...

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2013, 07:22:40 PM »
I realize he didn't out right stink today, but come on! Take the pressure off the horrible defense with a 1st down sometime in the 4th quarter...1 measly 1st down would have ended it up 23-7...In overtime they didn't trust #7 to even throw the ball. How sad is that?...I need stabbed in the eye for not betting the over in this game, but betting on the Vikings, for me, is a losing prop...

I had to laugh Koko....I think Tolzine threw one back shoulder pass to the enzone that was broken up....the point is it's one more pass than #7 has thrown to the end zone I think the entire season ...lol. More of the same for me....#7 has one read and then tries to take off. The sad part about all this crap is I believe he's on the team next season, hopefully as the back up and not starting. It's his third year of a fully gauaranteed contract. I think we obviously draft our QB of the future but think #7 is hear for another year and that stinks.

Like you mentioned .... one more first down and we win that game. The guy can't read a defense and gets gun shy when he feels any pressure...just move on already.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »
Was watching something on You Tube and the panel said #7 has no business being in the NFL...I just rolled when I heard it!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #261 on: November 28, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »
I'm thankful this is the last season we will have to watch #7 play the most important position on the field for the Minnesota Vikings...

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #262 on: November 28, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »
Hutch is absolutely right.  Does the defense give up 16 point 4th quarter leads?  Yes.  Do they kinda suck?  Yes.  Is the prevent defense a cowardly call by the coaches?  We get the point.  Then the offense has to pick it up.  Get a couple first downs and take charge of a win!  #7 has no ability to do that.  I don't care how good he looks when there's no pressure.  When he needs to make plays in the 4th quarter, he is invisible.  If he's our QB next year I will be PI$$ED! 
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #263 on: November 29, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »
This is kind of what I've been saying all season...It's a symbiotic relationship and when 1 aspect fails the other has to step up...#7 is a shrinking violet. It has to do with the coaching staff trusting #7 to throw the ball. Something they simply don't do, trust #7 to throw the ball! Why would they really though? He throws the absolute worst INTs I've seen this year on at least 3 separate occasions...SMFH!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #264 on: June 11, 2014, 10:51:28 AM »
Just because I haven't banged this monkey in a while...Allow me to reiterate that I loathe Christian Ponder!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #265 on: June 11, 2014, 06:40:02 PM »
Have to rip on something this time of year...it's going to be a long while waiting for some preseason games...may as well be Ponder.   From starter to 3rd string....that is just sad.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2014, 06:09:35 AM »
That's just right, and just!

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2014, 07:03:21 AM »
totally agree...although.for me personally I do owe him some thanks. He is the main reason we have all new coaches that replaced the inept group before them. We are now finally going to see a complex and versatile (scheme wise) defense and offense.......ok, maybe not the main reason but played a leading role. Finally have an OC and an offense that should be one of the best when Norv is done with it.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2014, 05:54:30 PM »
Ponder is just awful!....this is a recording!

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »
You know Ponder is probably one of the better (Oh man I will hear it now) back up QBs.  A guy that thrived in no stress situations.  This preseason game you can tell he has just checked out.  Hoping for new scenery.  A typical could be starter would be playing his heart out.  But he is so fed up with this team he just doesn't care cause he knows he is done.  Mark my words, he will go to a team that will play a couple times a year and succeed because he knows what his future role is on a team that wants him.

Offline Hutch

• Star
« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2014, 10:05:50 PM »
Ponder is not now nor will he ever be a NFL QB....not a starter , not a back not a practice squad QB....time for him to retire.....he made a decent pay cheque after fooling the Vikings he could be a QB and has married a super hot wife  that will now be the major bread winner in their relationship. I never want to see him in a Viking uniform ever again. Lets just hope Cassell and Teddy stay healthy and some team that needs a QB because of injury gives us a much better pick for Ponder than what he's worth. I am so pissed that we drafted Ponder, that the Wilfs screwed the pooch and got cheap giving the useless Frazier a HC job...these useless twits just wasted 3 years of our lives watching this crap. The Wilfs better have learned from this and keep their new HC and OC a long, long time and let them the team we all want to see play on Sundays.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #271 on: August 15, 2014, 08:56:39 AM »
You know Ponder is probably one of the better (Oh man I will hear it now) back up QBs.  A guy that thrived in no stress situations.  This preseason game you can tell he has just checked out.  Hoping for new scenery.  A typical could be starter would be playing his heart out.  But he is so fed up with this team he just doesn't care cause he knows he is done.  Mark my words, he will go to a team that will play a couple times a year and succeed because he knows what his future role is on a team that wants him.

Hey I'm sure he could be a decent back up. Maybe keep the tea close for a couple of games, but once he loses confidence he's a goner...I guess it's NOT his fault the Vikings over drafted his country ass. Many of us knew this to be true when they took him. I really wanted him to be the guy, but his limited success was due more to AP than any other factor. When Musgrave trimmed the playbook for him to try and make him successful it made everyone look bad from the top on down. Then last years debacle and Freeman playing after 2 weeks in a Viking uniform made Spielman look even worse. He definitely feared for his job with that desperation attempt to save a season...Happy Trails Christian Ponder wherever you land. I just don't care to see him in a Viking QB role EVER AGAIN!

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.