Author Topic: BearDawg's NASCAR Faith Foundation  (Read 1743 times)

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
Re: BearDawg's NASCAR Faith Foundation
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »
Bear, saying I lost respect for him isn't really judging him.  He did his own thing.  I mentioned above that I've seen players play when their parents died, but also saying it would be their wish.  There is no way a 2 year old would wish that his dad would play.  A 2 year old would always want dad around.  Sorry, But I do question him, I do question was this truly a son he cared for or was it just a fling with a woman and the child was something that happened and now he is celebrating because he doesn't have to pay child support anymore.  Sorry, but that is how I feel, BTW the KIDS COME FIRST. 
car2   atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Home is where my treestand is
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »
now he is celebrating because he doesn't have to pay child support anymore.

I'm not quite sure what to say to that.  That isn't something I agree with, nor condone in any way shape or form....quite honestly it's quite despicable.  I'm sure you didn't mean that in the way it sounds....that's just the way it comes across.
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 06:12:27 AM »
Everyone has their own way to grieve.  I know I couldn't just sit around the house, I would have to keep my mind and body moving.  Now I don't think AP and the mother were together any longer, so we don't knowl that they would have been together to grieve.  So, in my eyes, I don't fault AP for doing what he did.  You really just don't know the rest of the story.  He may have been with the family before and also immediately after.  We just see him on the field, we have no access, nor do we need access into his life the other 68 hours since this tragedy happened.

Went out last night and got really wasted. 
I woke up in the middle of the night next to some chick who was snoring and farting, so I knew I made it home OK.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 07:08:52 AM »
Bear, it was supposed to be a question.  it should have read "is he celebrating...?"  We  just don't know.  Like I said,  I'm not judging him,  I'm just stating why I have lost respect for him. 

Rat, I my opinion it's called respect for the child.  2 days after the child's death shows very little respect to his son, for me.  If his son had died on Monday and they buried him on Friday,  then no problem but the young child isn't even in the ground and he went back to work.  That is what bothers me. 

Offline chokincolts

• Veteran
  • Timing is Everything in Life
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 07:49:25 AM »
I completely disagree with your interpretation Mikey. A. Peterson did what he thought was best for his him and his team. He has always shown class since he arrived in the NFL and for you to judge him based on a decision he made is very questionable at best. But that is your right.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »
Everyone has their own grieving process...Without knowing anything about his personal affairs, I don't think it is fair to judge him based on this.  I know some people who have played after losing a parent(granted not a child), and saying it helped them immensely in their grieving. 

AP had time to grieve with his extended family before the game.  His decision to play doesn't bother me as people have varying ways of dealing with death.  Favre played after learning of his father passing.  I know to many it is not the same as losing a child.  There is some validity to at least trying to find some sense of normality when your world has just been flipped on it's end.

The thought of that 2 year old boy being beaten just makes me sick, and sad. 

My prayers go out to AP and his family.
   mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 03:55:46 PM »
For the last time I said I lost respect for him, I did not judge him.  But some of you high and mighty dipsticks can't understand that.  I have a right to say I don't agree with him, and the he lost my respect.  I guess I just feel a little stronger for my son than most of you do yours.  But let's judge on who is throwing stones.  If you lost your son would you go to work 2 days later,  If not then your the hypocrite here. 

This is a place where one should be able to speak his mind, but all you high and mighty so called God fearing people better take a closer look at yourself.  Your judging me based on me stating  why he lost my respect, but then it's ok for you judge me.  I don't see things the same way as you did.  And sorry Chokin, putting your team or yourself above your son isn't a value that was instilled upon me when I was growing up.  like I said the kid isn't even in the ground and he put himself ahead of his kid IMO. 

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »
I'm not judging you at all....I'm just saying it was an irresponsible thing to say at the time because it didn't come across as a question when I read it.  Without knowing any details of what happened privately, who are we to say anything against AD?
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »
For the last time I said I lost respect for him, I did not judge him.  But some of you high and mighty dipsticks can't understand that.  I have a right to say I don't agree with him, and the he lost my respect.  I guess I just feel a little stronger for my son than most of you do yours.  But let's judge on who is throwing stones.  If you lost your son would you go to work 2 days later,  If not then your the hypocrite here. 

This is a place where one should be able to speak his mind, but all you high and mighty so called God fearing people better take a closer look at yourself.  Your judging me based on me stating  why he lost my respect, but then it's ok for you judge me.  I don't see things the same way as you did.  And sorry Chokin, putting your team or yourself above your son isn't a value that was instilled upon me when I was growing up.  like I said the kid isn't even in the ground and he put himself ahead of his kid IMO. 

For the record, I was just stating my opinion on the subject and not commenting in any way on your opinion Mikey.

Offline River Rat

• Home of 2017 Rats Cup
  • Coach
  • Too old for this $&#@
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 08:35:24 PM »

First off, like Jedi, I only stated what my opinion was.  But, just like you we were only stating our opinions.  I take it that unless we agree whole heartedly with you, then we are judging you?  I don't see how that works.  Guess I should just keep my opinions to myself less be accused of something I didn't do.

Prayers go out to the family.

On a separate subject, our church is holding a 31 week Sunday school session using materials called The Story.  The books are very well written.  The best way I can describe it, is the Bible written like a novel.   Granted I have not read the bible cover to cover.  Trying to interpret the wording was not enjoyable.  But this has the "Bible stories" laid out in an easy to read format.  We have only been thru the first 3 sessions, The Creation, Abraham and the birth of a nation, and the story of Jacob and his brothers.  Got to say, I'm really enjoying it.

Went out last night and got really wasted. 
I woke up in the middle of the night next to some chick who was snoring and farting, so I knew I made it home OK.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2013, 04:43:22 AM »
Rat, If you didn't direct your comment to me in a manner that stated I was judging someone then I have no problem with your opinion.   But when someone accuses me of judging AP  then yes I take exception to that.  I stated many times I wasn't judging AP, I stated he lost my respect. 

So if you didn't do the above then my rant wasn't directed at you. 

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »
On a separate subject, our church is holding a 31 week Sunday school session using materials called The Story.  The books are very well written.  The best way I can describe it, is the Bible written like a novel.   Granted I have not read the bible cover to cover.  Trying to interpret the wording was not enjoyable.  But this has the "Bible stories" laid out in an easy to read format.  We have only been thru the first 3 sessions, The Creation, Abraham and the birth of a nation, and the story of Jacob and his brothers.  Got to say, I'm really enjoying it.
That sounds like quite an interesting way to go through the Bible.  I started reading a chapter + /day in June and am currently in the middle of Genesis.  (no I didn't start there!)
So I understand what you mean about the wording.  I have a NAS Bible, and the church I attend uses the ESV.  So between those two it helps.  I like that much better than the KJV that my previous church used.
The men's group that I am attending is going through and old video series that travels through Israel showing the sites and discussing the important events that happened there, then incorporating a faith lesson.  That makes some of the Bible easier to understand, knowing some of the context surrounding the stories. 

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2013, 09:05:50 AM »
Here is a sample of That The World May Know

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »

This is a great way to start understanding the Bible.  When I was young, my parents bought my brother and I a "Children's Bible".  It was like a giant picture book, and broke the stories into simple, easy to understand material for children.  Wish I still knew where that was because it was a great tool for youngun's to get into the Bible without having to sift through the complicated wording.
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »
Here is a sample of That The World May Know

That's pretty cool, Jedi.  I was actually surprised on the quality the History Channel was able to accomplish with their Bible series that aired a little while ago.  Despite the many challenges of putting something like that on national tv, I thought they captured the events they were trying to cover as best they could.
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »
I would like to put out full force prayers for Babyfan. Her cancer has gotten to her lung now. She's a wonderful person and I pray she makes it past another terrible obstacle in life.   

Offline BowTimeRowdy

• LNU's Chick Magnet!
  • Go Rowdy !!!
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »
Prayers for Babyfan.. :)

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • 37 Ford
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013, 01:49:10 PM »
I too wish to express my prayers to Babyfan.  May the good lord look down upon her with a healing smile. 

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »
A special prayer for a special lady. We're pulling for you Louise.
nym3 nyg1 notredame1 nyr2

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »
Definitely praying for her as well...Praying the Lord gives her the strength/courage/stamina to beat this thing into submission!
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »
Wow, prayers go out to her and her family.  Been a tough road.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2013, 07:50:59 AM »
Specials prayers to all former/current service members today!  Thank you for everything they do, and I pray God continues to protect them and give them the strength they need to keep on keepin on
texasa&m1 tex3 dal1 dal2

Offline bondkbond

• Coach
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2013, 07:59:56 AM »
Amen to that Bear!

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2013, 11:52:48 AM »
Yes, Prayers and Thank You to all service men out there.

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
Please bring them home safely and Thank You All.
nym3 nyg1 notredame1 nyr2