Author Topic: BearDawg's NASCAR Faith Foundation  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
Re: BearDawg's NASCAR Faith Foundation
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2013, 01:07:48 PM »
Yes, Prayers and Thank You to all service men out there.

And to the Service Women out there too!!!

mil3   gb1   wisconsin1  mil4  det2

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Gig 'Em!
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 09:13:19 AM »
Wow, prayers going out this morning to Trevor Bayne.  He has been diagnosed with MS, though there are no signs/symptoms yet and he is still cleared to race.  Scary stuff.  I've followed Trevor since his days in late models with DEI, there couldn't be a nicer guy on/off the track than him.  Sad things like this can happen to such good people.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 09:17:32 AM »
Sad news.  Prayers go out to Trevor.  I have seen what MS can do to a person and I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
I pray that he can still have a long racing career, and he will find the strength to keep going strong.

•Daytona 500 Winner Trevor Bayne Diagnosed with MS: Daytona 500 winner and Roush Fenway Racing (RFR) driver Trevor Bayne has announced that he has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (explanation of MS). Bayne - 22 years old - has undergone extensive testing at the Mayo Clinic and has been cleared by doctors and NASCAR to compete behind the wheel. "I've never been more driven to compete," said Bayne. "My goals are the same as they've been since I started racing. I want to compete at the highest level and I want to win races and championships. I am in the best shape I've ever been in and I feel good," added Bayne. "There are currently no symptoms and I'm committed to continuing to take the best care of my body as possible. I will continue to trust God daily and know that His plan for me is what is best. As for now, I want to close out the season strong this weekend at Homestead and then shift my focus on getting ready to compete for the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) Championship in 2014. I have a great team, a great family and great people all around me. I have been truly blessed in life and I look forward to what my future holds."
"We are 100% supportive of Trevor and his ability to compete in a race car," said Roush Fenway team owner Jack Roush. "I have full confidence in Trevor and his partners have all expressed that same confidence and support. As with all of our drivers, we look forward to standing behind Trevor and providing him with all of the tools he needs as he continues to develop in his young career."(see full press release at Roush Fenway Racing's website)(11-12-2013) - Jayski

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Gig 'Em!
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »
That bout with Lyme Disease that cost him 2 months may have been a blessing in disguise.  He got treatment at the Mayo Clinic after complaining of numbness in his arm, blurred vision, and fatigue.  It was the same Mayo Clinic that caught the MS.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2013, 11:45:08 AM »
As many say, the Lord works in mysterious ways.
At least he has it diagnosed so they can help to manage it.

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Decades of Confusion
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
Just to let everyone know.  Babyfan posted yesterday that she is cancer free.
car2   atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline bondkbond

• Hall of Famer
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2013, 12:11:06 PM »
Seen that before also Mikey. Thats awsome!

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2013, 01:09:07 PM »
Praise God, great news.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Gig 'Em!
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2013, 09:38:24 PM »
That is awesome news!  God is good!

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2013, 04:23:22 PM »
Great job BearDawg...love the thread. I haven't read through the whole thing, but I will try to chime in from time to time.

I did read about FORE, and want her to know that a wavering faith is normal. We all have highs and lows within our walk with Christ. God allows for our Faith to be tested, as it's part of His plan, so that when we do come back to Him our testimony is stronger.

Just throwing this out there for everyone to consider. My family started doing something this past year, and we want to make it a tradition. Instead of making some silly "New Years Revolution" we all thought of a word that would be our theme for the year. In that, if you are intentional about it, you will see how God surrounds your daily life with opportunities to see that word. For example, for 2013, my word was "Strength". I knew I had a busy year with work, family and training for an Ironman, and I was able to see daily how God gave me strength to get through each day, each workout, every injury and definitely all my races. I'm still pondering my word for 2014, but am considering "Leader". Let me know what you all think, and if you want to give it a try. Oh, BTW, I'm not taking credit for this idea, my wife read it in one of her daily devotionals.

Blessing...Coach

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:27:44 PM by Coach348 »
You can't Win if you don't Tri!

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
That is a great idea Coach.  Glad to see you stopping in.

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
I like the idea Coach.
Testing I can put up with. But four years running, I am either to stubborn to see the answer or God has not given it to me. I am most afraid I am ignoring what I have to do, which has been in front of me for a while bit too painful to do. I ask for your help in my decision.
nym3 nyg1 notredame1 nyr2

Offline Coach348

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2013, 11:54:57 AM »
I like the idea Coach.
Testing I can put up with. But four years running, I am either to stubborn to see the answer or God has not given it to me. I am most afraid I am ignoring what I have to do, which has been in front of me for a while bit too painful to do. I ask for your help in my decision.
FORE....choose God! I know 4 years seems like a long time in our humanness, but it is just a speck of time in the scheme of things. I mean, God did send the children of Isreal into the desert for 40 years. But during that time, He still provided for their needs (food, water), but not necessarily their wants. I know that might not be the most comforting thing to hear, especially when we feel we are stranded in our own desert. But take comfort in knowing that God has never forgotten about you, and that He loves you more than we can ever imagine. I choose that love...I choose God!
You can't Win if you don't Tri!

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »
Absolutely.  Choose God.
Things will not always be perfect but they will be better.  I chose God many years ago, but I was holding back a part of my life.  I had a sin problem that I thought was not hurting anyone but myself, couldn't be more wrong.
I have been going through this over the last 6 months, dealing with a problem I have half heartedly tried to deal with before.  It has deteriorated my relationship with my wife.  In June I started seeing a pastor for counseling and started daily Bible readings (devotions).  The difference is night and day when I compare what I would try to accomplish under my own power and what I have been able to accomplish with God leading the way.  Not all of my prayers have been answered as my relationship with my wife still has a long way to go, but I am no longer stuck in that sin.  The freedom from that is amazing.  Reading daily has helped me realize so much more than I had ever thought possible.
I get up 30 minutes early every day and read after getting ready and before breakfast, I made it a routine so I would stick with it.  At first it was hard but over time I was looking forward to reading and praying in the morning.  Sure there are days when I am tired or not feeling well, but I still do it. 
I hope that my story encourages others.  I will pray for you all. 
As for me, please pray that God will soften the hearts of my wife and I to accept each other for who we are, help her to get through the pain I have caused and heal our marriage.

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Gig 'Em!
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2013, 07:21:41 PM »
Couldn't agree more -- Choose God!

Personally, I stepped away from a dark place because of Him.  When I thought it wasn't worth it, I felt an amazing power that gave me hope for the future.  It hasn't been roses by any means, but that moment provided a foundation for me to start reading the bible and trying to really understand it.  That understanding has really changed the person I am.  I, too, used devotionals to keep myself in a routine.  When I start to see my faith wavering, I remember back to that time and it keeps me strong in my faith in Him and His Word.

Another tool that really helped me initially was watching the videos on IAmSecond.com...I still use that as a tool.  The biggest thing that helped me is that the stories are from many different areas (drug abuse, depression, child abuse, and even just stories about strength in God like the one the Robertsons just added to the series).  I was always brought back to that dark place because I felt as if I had to go it alone, but that helped me to see that it isn't just me, and if they can do it then I can too!

Coach, glad to see you here...was hoping that you would stop by because your insight is always helpful!

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Gig 'Em!
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2013, 08:30:07 PM »
Don't know how much I'll be on during the next week or so....

So Merry Christmas to everyone here on the NASCAR board....and here's to safe holiday season for everyone!

God Bless!

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »
As the new season approaches I am sending out prayers for the drivers, and teams that this season will be a safe one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:22:14 PM by Jedi »

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Gig 'Em!
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2014, 09:50:34 PM »
I'll second that!

Offline bondkbond

• Hall of Famer
  • Bar Tab Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »
I third that!
And I would also like to ask God to help me keep my head after multiple people jumped my son last night and brutally beat him.
I just found out who they are and I am trying my hardest not to go there and just unleash my German blood. I'm struggling with this bad.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
I third that!
And I would also like to ask God to help me keep my head after multiple people jumped my son last night and brutally beat him.
I just found out who they are and I am trying my hardest not to go there and just unleash my German blood. I'm struggling with this bad.

Wow, that is awful news.  Hang in there, will be praying for you and your son.

Offline Jedi

• GO BADGERS !!!
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »
Bond, how is your son doing??

Offline mikeyfan5599

• Icon
  • Decades of Confusion
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2014, 04:00:11 PM »
Bond, my prayers are with you and your son.  How old are these punks? 
car2   atl3 den1 arkansas1

Offline outlaw007

• Star
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2014, 04:49:20 PM »
Hope things are stable with your Son ,Bond.    That situation would be probably the hardest to control by far,when a family member is harmed.    Hope and pray God sees you through this and punishes those involved . 
I came into this world with nothing----and I still got most of it !!    ohiostate1

Offline FOREPLUS

• Site Moderator
  • Icon
  • LADY SPORTSTER
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2014, 05:30:13 PM »
They will get their own Bond, you just take care of your son, yourself and the rest of the family. All my prayers.
nym3 nyg1 notredame1 nyr2

Offline BearDawg

• Triple Black Belt
  • Star
  • Gig 'Em!
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2014, 07:00:16 PM »
Stay strong Bond, they will get theirs someday....praying for your family!