Author Topic: Vikings sign Josh Freeman  (Read 1004 times)

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
  • I see what you did there!
Vikings sign Josh Freeman
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:00:18 PM »
I like it a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
Re: Vikings sign Josh Freeman
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 11:02:16 PM »
A fresh start for a team that will be thrilled to have someone who can finally chuck it down the field.
If someone tells you they don't like fighting in hockey every other word out of their mouth might be a lie.

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:06:05 PM »
I am not sure that he can start this week, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he did! Try and trade Ponder or Cassel for any sort of pick would be great.

I think that Jennings, Simpson, and Patterson have to be excited about a guy that can gun it down the field.

Offline poorbackslider

• Backup
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 07:50:08 AM »
I'd like to see Freeman start as soon as possible to see who earns the job, him or Cassel.  Ponder is not even in the running right now in my opinion.
michigan1

"I wanna be a better man but I've got a short attention span" - Will Kimbrough

"If my thought dreams could be seen they'd probably put my head in a guillotine" - Bob Dylan

"F*** em if they can't take a joke" - Billy Parker

Offline kokomodan

• Star
  • Where the white women at?
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »
Never #7 ever!
min1          stl3          indiana1

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:48:45 PM »
I have actually been a Freeman fan since his draft.  He has the size and arm I have always felt the Vikings needed.  Down field type threat instead of weak lob "accurate" passes.  I will never say Freeman will come in and dominate.  But I think he will offer a passing game that will keep the defense MORE honest with our running attack, because of his deep accuracy. 

His middle accuracy (crossing patterns) will always be a liability.  But I would take Freeman 100/100 times over Ponder and Cassel.  Dead serious. I will take an INT on those deep or even middle passes over the god awful out patterns I see all the time.  Although. 3 of Ponder's interceptions have come off obnoxious tipped passes by the WR.  But I have wanted a QB like Freeman since he was drafted.  I hope it works out.... I think he fits this team extremely well.

::Those who disagree... carbonite this post:: so you can shove it in my face in 5 years from now if I am wrong.  But I do think his style compliments this team well.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »
I agree Simmion about Freeman, but C'mon man. The tipped passes are because #7 was so dreadful with his accuracy. Had he put the ball ON the receiver on time those may well be completions instead of INTs. Those high passes are ALWAYS a problem at the NFL level. The floaters don't help either...I believe Freeman turns it around, but he'll have to get Cassel out of there and he could play well again, just saying!

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 07:21:11 PM »
I find it comical that the Vikings are saying they need to simplify the offense for Freeman since he is new. He could draw plays up on the turf and still do better than #7. Get him in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »
 CNA

Got Damn! That's right!...What they meant was that they had to add more to what #7 had them take out because he couldn't do it...Let's see,...add all the 25-50 yard passes back into the chart...Check...Add that 5 yard stick route back in...Check...We can put the 15 yard slant with zip back in...Check...Then there's the skinny post we can add...Check!....Now take out all the designed rollouts because #7 isn't comfortable in the pocket...Take out all the QB running plays because #7 can't execute nearly all of the passes on the chart...Add it up guys....Adding 43 plays to what Freeman can do and take away the 58 that #7 can run...Yep, they have to shorten the playbook!...Sometime less is more!...In racing there's an old adage. "Sometimes you have to slow down to go fast." I think that applies, SKOL Brother!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:37:50 PM by kokomodan »

Offline CMC18V

• Hates stupid people!!!
  • Star
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
Just throw it as far as he can one time and maybe that will get the safeties off of AD's ass for a couple plays.

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »
Nice post Simmion......It seems you can't get both qualities (short and deep accuracy) from a QB anymore...there are maybe 3-4 that have it but that's about it. The fact we have AD and a QB that will make you play a 2 deep safety once and a while will create some interesting situations. I think AD's numbers will increase with Freeman in our line up but the there should be a few open spaces in the secondary that Freeman will need to hit those medium range throws. That said.....I'm looking forward to Freeman playing...should be fun.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 06:17:24 PM »
The Josh Freeman era starts in about an hour,  how long do you think it lasts?  I think we'd all want it to work and last forever.  Whattdya all think?

I'm gonna go with 2.5 years.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 06:42:14 PM »
lol i just hope i dont fall asleep tonight!!...lol im already a little tired got my belly fulll....if i dont get excited early its gon be night night!!! lolol
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline MaryJane

• Starter
  • 😜I Ain't Got No Worries😜
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 06:55:10 PM »
i cant believe we are getting 3 points! to a 0-6 team lmao!
virginia1 atl3 duke1 min1

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 08:28:47 PM »
I'm liking what I see so far.  He appears to have pocket presence and is brave.  Looking downfield with guys around. 
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 10:47:34 PM »
Freeman was terrible, but it looked like a lot of just being off with the receivers and letting this fly.

My real question is how does he throw 46 passes this game? Frazier and Musgrave need to be gone. This was such a pathetic piece of coaching. I don't care that Sharrif Floyd fumbled that ball. How does a coaching staff not teach their kid on special teams to just kinda take that ball to the 25 and go down?

Wilf fired Mike Tice Sunday night of Week 17 right after a win... I don't think he should let Frazier board the plane with a job.

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 06:56:40 AM »
The looks on the coaches faces this game were scary. I like what Gruden was saying ....." if the Vikings want to try and win this game they need to take Freeman out and put in # 7"......Based on where Freeman is with his timing and play book there is no way he should have started this game if the Vikings truely cared about wins and loses.

Watching the coaches and listening to Frazier when he talks you can see things have changed dramatically. It appears (to me) that the Panther game (if you could call that mess a game) was the last straw for the Wilfs with regards to the coaching staff. I'm thinking Freeman is now being forced on them(Frazier/Musgraves) and the season was written off a week earlier by the ownership and GM.
Now we have no choice.....let Freeman play....if he stinks we get a top 3 pick and a top college QB. If he improves that he is a possible long term answer we still probably only win 2-3 games tops anyway and get a top pick that we can possibly turn into a bunch of picks and rebuild our secondary and LB group.

This week will say a lot if certain trades are made by the deadline......he's hoping there are many.

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 08:36:04 AM »
i cant believe we are getting 3 points! to a 0-6 team lmao!

Could of used more.

I just had to see, after reading all the bash Ponder posts, how you guys R feeling today after................................

U Lost The Game!
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »
Never start #7 again...NEVER! He was this bad knowing the playbook!

Offline BtlsFan

• Starter
  • I may be crazy, but it keeps me from going insane!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »
Keep Freeman! Fire the coaching staff! The game last night was completely on the coaching staff. They knew Freeman wasn't ready and they said he was so they could keep there jobs. The play calling or lack there of was pathetic. I thought Freeman was mobile, but he never once tried to run with the ball. I can applaud scrambling and continuing to look down the field, but surely there had to be a time when he could have run the ball to pick up a 1st down. That loud kerplop and the smell coming from the east coast was the play of the Vikings last night!
 beerme and keep them coming if the Vikes continue to play this bad!
min1 stl3

Offline Arasmis

• NFC North Champions 4 years running: Green Bay Packers!
  • Battle God
  • Star
  • Is it Football season yet?

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
LMAO...I think Frazier made it up for an excuse to bench Freeman
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2013, 01:04:43 PM »
It said that #7 was taking 1st team reps. This could mean #7 starts. Then again freeman could pass the tests and start on Sunday night. Either way i'll be in Florida soaking up the sun and booze in no particular order!

Offline SithEvolution

• Star
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 01:22:34 PM »
It said that #7 was taking 1st team reps. This could mean #7 starts. Then again freeman could pass the tests and start on Sunday night. Either way i'll be in Florida soaking up the sun and booze in no particular order!
Have fun in Fl. I'm going in the middle of Dec. for a week. Really didn't want to go to Disney again but it's away from the weather in the Northeast

Offline kokomodan

• Star
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 01:25:23 PM »
Right on, you too. I have a place on the Gulf side...

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.