Author Topic: Vikings Extend Brian Robison  (Read 443 times)

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
Vikings Extend Brian Robison
« on: October 09, 2013, 11:53:34 AM »
Robison is probably the last of the three I would have focused on even though he has been playing pretty well this season. I still really like Everson Griffen and think that he'll do great once he gets a full-time slot instead of constantly coming on and going off the field while playing DE and DT.

I think this means that Allen will be walking after this season. I am not a huge fan of that. I would have liked him to either get one more good sized contract from the Vikings or be traded for a draft pick or two.

Here is the link: http://www.vikings.com/news/blog/article-1/Vikings-Robison-Agree-To-Contract-Extension/adcfbe2f-5cd2-48af-a9b2-4f31658f5d94

Offline Hutch

• Star
  • I'm over Harvin now that we have Diggs
Re: Vikings Extend Brian Robison
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 06:45:47 AM »
This does kinda paint a picture of what's coming. I'm sure they will be resigning Griffen and I agree that needs to be a priority, he is so versatile with a lot of ability. Allen is such a tough one and this where the business side of things will probably see him go. Reality is we need cap space and there will be a number of players IMO that will need to take a price cut from there current contracts in order to stay with the team. This one will be on Allen, he'll more than likely get a few contract offers with big dollars attached and/or teams with realistic Super Bowl goals...two things any realistic player would want. Allen is a different type of person though and what seems to be important to him may be enough to take that pay cut and finish his career a Viking. I do agree that if there is no chance at signing him then make that trade....sadly that won't happen as it would have a number of fans totally pissed and an admission that the team is giving up on the season.......that said, we lose one the next 2 games then trade away as the season is done anyway.

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 06:01:56 PM »
Have to try and trade Allen.  Anything we owe him was paid in full with his current contract.  And I don't care too much how the veterans feel as they showed us how they feel with a lackluster effort at home after a bye in a must win game.  Trying to win this year will provide a 7-9 record and a draft spot to keep us firmly entrenched as a .500 team.  It looks like we have many more holes than I thought and a rebuild is in order on defense and possibly QB.  Working for the future gives us hope.  Going all in to try and finish .500 this year accomplishes nothing.   
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline VeN 1473

• Backup
  • I do what I do
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »
MSMT! whaaaaaaaat? how ya been?

I am a little tired of the veterans and the coaches. Greenway and Allen were both calling out the coaches. Frazier is talking about how he can't go out there and throw the ball or make the plays. I completely agree with you about working toward .500 is the worst situation this team could put itself in for 2014 and the future. Trading Allen and possibly Greenway could be good steps for the future. Then again Greenway is the only linebacker on the Vikings team that deserves to be on a NFL roster...

lots of questions... but if our offensive line can start playing better and Freeman gets on page with the offense and receivers, that is what I'm hoping for the rest of the season.

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 07:17:38 AM »
Hey iVeN!  Lots of familiar faces over here.  I do have hope for Freeman.  I good offensive attack helps the defense to be sure.  We have two linebacker coaches yet they seem to be routinely out of position.  I'm glad Frazier and Singletary are buddies but Singletary looks to me like someone who is not a good coach.  After his debacle in SF I cannot believe he's assistant head coach.  I do agree this coaching staff is in over their heads.  You know it's bad when the OC is on "C'mon Man".   
"Apes don't read philosophy." "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it."

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 05:51:20 PM »
Hey mstm, 

Glad you were able to solve the rubix cube to sign up for this site, or maybe they eased it a bit. 
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline Simmion

• Star
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 10:46:45 PM »
Have to try and trade Allen.  Anything we owe him was paid in full with his current contract.  And I don't care too much how the veterans feel as they showed us how they feel with a lackluster effort at home after a bye in a must win game.  Trying to win this year will provide a 7-9 record and a draft spot to keep us firmly entrenched as a .500 team.  It looks like we have many more holes than I thought and a rebuild is in order on defense and possibly QB.  Working for the future gives us hope.  Going all in to try and finish .500 this year accomplishes nothing.   

As much as I am a Jared Allen fan, I can't agree more.  I just heard the quote from him about embracing the suckiness.  And he tried turning it into the fact that they will use that emotion to turn things around when all I saw was him realizing the team sucks, and he will probably be traded.  Trade him, the odds aren't for this team. And I don't mean that in a statistical manner of "only 3% of teams in the history of the NFL has started 1-4  and make the playoffs." or whatever. Who cares...   I mean the defense is pretty obvious, they are giving up gobs of yards and points, and a team will never win (this year or the next 10) if that isn't fixed.  And my first fix... is getting rid of the god awful Tampa 2.
You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down every one.  Heh, come to think of it.  I've never landed a plane in my life.

Offline 1hotchev

• Veteran
  • God loves a workin Man
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 11:42:40 PM »
this year is toast. on an earlier post I talked of blowing it up, trade AP and all. that's kind of overkill since teams can turn it around in 1  to 2 years. but the big guy has gotta go. you know we won't resign him so get something for Allen. lets keep Greenway though.
PAGE NAMED NFLS MVP — In 1971 Alan Page became the first defensive player to be named the Most Valuable Player of the National Football League by the Associated Press. Page headed a Vikings defense that held opponents to fewer than 10 points a game.

Offline mst3m1

• Adapt to talent
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 08:20:23 PM »
Hey Simmion!  It only took me 3 years to figure it out. 

* Vikings Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.